Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supagard

theb

I used a foam cleaner sold by CPC. It's the same as the electrolube type, just rebadged.

Works great as a bug remover on the bonnet too. It's only £1.50 a tin.

Here

Edited by Matthew_McNally

SMW and Steve (west mids)

I'm not trying to say go buy it or anything, just check it out. I belong to the my350z.com site and it is talked about constantly. I met the guy who runs the Crystal Guard company and went to his shop. I thought it was good stuff. I scan through many detail forums and try to find what people use. I'm just passing along some info... that's about it...I own a Lexus IS 300 and a 350Z and use that product now for those cars. What else would you like to know?

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at all the car paint and fabric protections available and I have to say that by far the best one to use is UltraShield - www.ultrashield.co.uk It is probably the most environmentally friendly (the fabric shield is almost odourless and some of the others are extremely harmful!!) and is guaranteed for 7 years. As regards bird droppings...nothing on this earth can protect against that if you do not wipe it off within 24 hours, but UltraShield supplies a top-up Speed Glaze that you can apply to areas that have received bird droppings and brings the original shine back immediately.

I know this may sound awful but if something keeps my car clean the last thing that springs to my mind is how environmentally friendly it is :D

I've had Supaguard on the car for a month now and couldn't rate it highly enough, Sunday my car was dusty and looking horrible (didn't have time for water & chamois), the rain on Monday was very heavy and washed it clean for me, now looks as if it's just been waxed. You can't complain when the rain cleans the car to a superb finish now can you...

i got my car a week ago and its 2 years old and it had a supagaurd treatment when first bought by the previous owner and the dealership still tried to sell me the treatment and handed over the leaflet which says its protected for three years,so i declined ,i have a berry tree next door to my house and the birds are always ****ting on the car and the washing and its no easier to get of than it was on the merc i previousley owned,so i went back to my previous cleaner Autoglym wash and wax and super resin polish and there own polish cloths,takes a couple of hours but still comes up a treat

i got my car a week ago and its 2 years old and it had a supagaurd treatment when first bought by the previous owner and the dealership still tried to sell me the treatment and handed over the leaflet which says its protected for three years,so i declined ,i have a berry tree next door to my house and the birds are always ****ting on the car and the washing and its no easier to get of than it was on the merc i previousley owned,so i went back to my previous cleaner AUTOGLYM wash and wax and super resin polish and there own polish cloths,takes a couple of hours but still comes up a treat

You don't really want to be putting polish over top Paint Sealant as you're creating an unknown chemical combination. The ideal thing would have been to remove all the contaminants and fall-out etc with a body prep such as Ultrasol which is a mild solvent mixed with an odourless mineral spirit or any other suitable product to reach the original paint finish, then a polish can be used in safety on the virgin paint surface. However I would still go for the paint sealant but use the UltraShield Paint Shield. It's made from long chain polymers with Teflon additives and is the biz! If you still want to polish your car after applying this you can use their Speed to bring up the shine without creating a build up of product on the surface.

Happy polishing... :D

• 4 months later...

I've had Supagard on loads of cars previously and I have just had it done on my new (1st) Lexus which I am delighted with. If you look in the showrooms now, you will see that Lexus actually recommend the use of Supagard on their cars and shy away from any other similar product

• 2 weeks later...

I have just taken delivery of my new RX300 SE :D . I had a valeter apply Ultrashield car paint and Leather protection. I was so pleased with my last car that I had it on, I had to have it on my new RX as well. I have also got a Land Rover Defender with it on as well, that is in the mud most weekends it is so easy to clean and looks the nuts all the time. It’s also got a seven-year guarantee. Don’t take my word for it have a look yourself Ultrashield

:driving:

I've been following this thread with great interest 'cos I'm not sure I want the car on order to be Supaguarded. I had our black Astra sxi done in 2001 and that looks like a dust bowl inside, while the exterior looks worse than the IS200 (same age) which wasn't treated.

I have both cars washed and valeted by Autogleam in Taunton who, exclusively, use Auto-glym products and have kept both cars looking great for not very much money. As they offer their own post-delivery treatment for less than the £299 Lexus, Exeter want I think I'll use them. And I dont think I want Supaguard on the all leather seats of the LE, if it is such a dust magnet.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the fact your Astra is like a dust magnet inside is because you don't clean the interior of the car. People expect that because I have a product on their car that they don't have to clean it, get real. You could buy a Bentley but if you don't service it properly it will eventually break down. These products are the same, they will assist you to clean and maintain your vehcile but they still need to be cleaned and you still need to wash your car.

As for Ultrashield.....as I have posted previously Lexus ONLY approve the use of Supagard on their vehicles and I believe that any other product applied will invalidate your Lexus paintwork warranty so please be extremely careful what you do and don't apply to your vehicle.

Jozwoz, it's funny that you seem to be pushing UltraShield, a product no-one else seems to have hever eard of, don't suppose you own the company do you? I'm sure Merc-Benz would be interested to see that you have taken it upon yourself to use a pic of a Merc on your own website without, I'm sure, their permission let alone super-impose your name as the reg plate. Still I'm sure you will see the error of your ways and stop using this forum as an opportunity to plug your own crappy products.

By the way, if your Paint Sealant is so good, why, according to the website are you required to "top-up" twice a year? What's the point in paying for it in the first place then have to effectively re-apply it every 6 months? You would be as well buying a cheap sealant from Halfords for £5 and use that every 6 months, you will get the same results! It is hardly a 7 year gurantee if you are required to re-apply 14 times during that period?

I also cannot believe that you recommend a product to be applied onto brand ney leather. If you ask any company who knows anyhting about leather they will tell you in no uncertain terms nevert to apply a "protection" to leather as when leather is tanned and dyed it is already treated and preserved. At the end of the day leather is a skin and must be treated with respect not some cheap "protector" which you can also apply onto man-made vinyl (plastic)!!!!!! You can hardly pick two more different products that natural leather and man-made vinyl yet, your company deems is OK to apply the same products onto both!!!! You are sadly mistaken with this advice I can assure you.

"CHOSEN BY PROFESSIONALS - VALUED BY COMPETITORS"....I don't think so!!!!

Apologies for such a lengthy message however, I feel strongly about these two-bob companies who claim all sorts of world beating promises yet in actual fact are no more than a one man band trying to capitalise on the vulnerable car owners market.....stick to the manufacturer of your car's guidelines and do not be sucked in by these shonky sales people.

I have been very pleased with the supaguard treatment. If you live in a hard water area you must still dry the car properly after washing it, but it really does keep its shine.

Does it also protect the paint from minor chips etc? I have had none in over 6,000 miles on all kinds of roads. Perhaps that is just luck, but I wonder...

I think that has just been a bit fortunate! Nothing can stop stonechips other than not driving your car!If your on a motorway at 70mph and the car in front , which is also doing 70mph, flicks a stone of your bonnet then it hits you at a combined speed of 140mph....so you will see the problem!