Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tesco Super Unleaded For My Gs300

In the past I have tried BP ultimate and Shell optimax in my 97 2.2 Prelude vtec, and I could never feel or see any difference in either consumption or performance.

I have done the same with the GS300 Sport, and yet again I could see no improvement, however over the past month or so when filling up I have been swapping between full tanks of Unleaded and Super Unleaded, and i'm now convinced that Tesco Super Unleaded gives me better performance and mpg.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

I've also tried BP Ultimate, Optimax and Tesco Super Unleaded and seem to get similiar mpg. I was wondering though whether Tesco Super Unleaded has fuel additatives as I understand that normal 95 ron Tesco unleaded doesn't.

But in reply to your question I haven't noticed the difference, even after resetting my ECU.

I've also tried BP Ultimate, Optimax and Tesco Super Unleaded and seem to get similiar mpg. I was wondering though whether Tesco Super Unleaded has fuel additatives as I understand that normal 95 ron Tesco unleaded doesn't.

But in reply to your question I haven't noticed the difference, even after resetting my ECU.

The additives that BP, Shell etc put in their fuel is only sold on their own forecourts, so Tesco, Sainsbo juice will only contain the necessary chemicals to make it compliant with BSI regulations.

I was chatting to my mechanic earlier this evening about this. He owns an 2001 Impreza WRX, and he was telling me that all the local Scooby owners swear by Tesco Super Unleaded.

Who knows what is actually in the forcourt tanks, but I just got 100 city miles on £20 of super unleaded, and i've never got more than 85 miles on 95 RON.

My car just feels smoother and more responsive to me, but maybe my butt is lying to me!

Been using the Tesco's Super for a while now, car runs a treat, also makes the exhaust fumes smell sweet... not that I make the habit of sniffing exhaust gasses! :duh: :sick::lol:

On N/A cars I found that I went through more gas than I did with cheaper fuels. I didn't really feel any benefit from the optimax/super plus etc etc fuels. That said anything short of a couple of hundred extra horses I just don't feel :) In turbocharged cars the fuel difference is very much apparent. The higher the boost and susequently the higher the inlet temperature the more you'll notice the difference.

I just got 100 city miles on £20 of super unleaded, and i've never got more than 85 miles on 95 RON.

My car just feels smoother and more responsive to me, but maybe my butt is lying to me!

I mainly use Sainsbury's regular unleaded and put in £20 at a time and usually get around 90 miles town driving.

In the past I have tried BP ultimate and Shell optimax in my 97 2.2 Prelude vtec, and I could never feel or see any difference in either consumption or performance.

I have done the same with the GS300 Sport, and yet again I could see no improvement, however over the past month or so when filling up I have been swapping between full tanks of Unleaded and Super Unleaded, and i'm now convinced that Tesco Super Unleaded gives me better performance and mpg.

all of Tesco's fuel comes from BP refinery's, they may have a slihtly different blend but it's basically all the same.

• 4 years later...

No.

Super unleaded DEFINITELY gives more power, torque and economy. The RON rating refers to how much you can compress it before it self-ignites and so should be matched to compression ratio. Diesels have compression ratios approaching 20:1!!!

If you put crappy 95 RON in your 10.5:1 engine, it will tend to self-ignite, causing knocking and damage to your engine. To offset this manufacturers install a knock-sensor which retards the timing, but really kills the performance. If you haven't noticed a difference, there's something wrong with your engine or the petrol or you have a low compression engine.

All explained here:

www.daytona-sensors.com/tech_tuning.html

• 4 weeks later...

tesco petrol will aventually clogg the bloody whole fuel system....................2]all lexuses desighned to work on 98 ron unleded petrol,using 95RON will reset crank sensor to low wich will result on 20% less horses your engine produce on 98RON.sadly 98RON not avail. in this dumb country[u.k.]. only 97ron wich called here super unleded.excl.gif

Hi well I have used super unleaded in both lexus is 200's i have owned for the last 2.5 years while added performance may be minimal,it burns better and is cleaner(also smells better)regard it as my little way of helping the enivronment haha.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links