• Interior Styling
    • General Overall Styling all Round
    • Performance
    • Performance and Styling
    • Price Value, Performance and Styling
    • Price Value, Performance, Styling and Brand
    • Lexus Brand
    • Value For Brand

i have to say there was more than one reason.......

a big factor was the Audi TT 225bhp i was ordering....one of the first right hand drive versions.

a) was on the production line when the factory had a fire in Hungary

B) was an early version that would crash at 10mph on a bend......and so i thought it was a tad unsafe

and therefore cancelled it....after threatining Audi Germany with legal action for trying to sell me a dangerous car

(at the same time the German auto Authorities were considering banning the TT)

so with £22,000 burning a hole in my pocket i needed something...........and so an IS200 Sport was the choice for this fine GENT

:yahoo::yahoo:

that was a few years ago.......and now im on my 3rd....and all still for the original cost of the first Blue one.....ahh....i loved that first one :heart:

• 1 month later...

Where is the "No BMW badge" or "Jap Reliability" or "Showing I am an individual not a sheep"

Closest option for me is the value, quality, goodies one... but includes performance which I admit was the one thing that I was dissapointed with on the test drive.

However the car felt 'right' if you know what I mean..... a nice place to be when travelling - so I reasoned that I didn't need a sports car for day-to-day stuff and the performance is adequate. Also being Japanese it felt familiar and the driving position and seats are great - so I can cover mega miles in a day and get out feeling fresh and having enjoyed the journey.

Plus pretty decent stereo for a stock unit.

All in all - great value for a car at it's price point!

• 3 weeks later...

Same here.... overall styling, build quality, reliability and value for money. As it's an IS 200SE Auto, performance is even more lack-lustre than the manual version - every Astra and Focus in the country can leave me for dead! That's why.... I'm trading up to an IS 300 in four weeks time!! :yahoo:

• 1 year later...

You can't go wrong with a Japanese car for reliability. Also the car looks great and the big alloys finish it off nicely. You don't see many either which is a bonus. ;)

I like smooth engines, and after having driven an MX-3 V6 and a 323F V6 I wanted to take the next step... Inline 6 (and Rear wheel drive). I knew how nice the BMW I6es were, but really wanted something Japanese again and fell for the understated but very good-looking IS. My Mazda's were pretty rare, but this is even better. I like the fact that many people don't know what car it is.

RX-Men-8

P.S. Of course I was looking at the RX8 as well, but it wasn't yet available, and second handers I can afford still won't be available for some time.

• 2 months later...

I needed a new(er) car and didn't have a clue what to get.

I wanted something that looked good, cheap to insure, fairly quick, and had a bit of wow factor, not just a euro box! Plus I only had £9,500 and didnt want anything more than 5 years old.

I considerd :--

Jag x-type, bit pricey, Old man image.

BMW 325i pricy to insure plus you see 200 a day on the road

Lexus IS200 :D :P :whistling: :winky: :driving:

• 2 weeks later...

First thing that attracted me was I needed car with a good sat nav system and the DVD system is very good but no postcode input even on the new disk.

I liked the looks of the car and it wasn’t a bmw so I brought one had it 6 months have to keep it another 18 months (company scheme) every day I get more disappointed with it.

Very slow, Very Very thirsty, I could suffer one but not both,

Incredibly thin paintwork,

wheels that corrode,

boot the size of a glove box, bla bla bla the list goes on,

and don’t start me on the cost of servicing just been quoted £1400 for an intermediate service, and this is supposed to be a luxury car :angry: :tsktsk: :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links