Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slipping Crowns And Delivery Dates Etc.....

Hi matey...both sorrow and Joy heh? Well I will keep fingers crossed that it does arrive March :winky:

My dealer rang this morning, and has offered me a Caspian sky model ( cancelled order apparantly ) :question: Thing is......I could have it March :excl:

All other spec is exactly as my original choice, and I really need to see a caspian Sky in the flesh now :D

Thinks me will be tempted......... :D :D

Caspian in my view is excellent (it was my second choise - I like Red cars!!). But it's a personal thing.

Its a light sky blue metallic if I recall, saw one at Leicester in that colour, but the SE-L was a few too many shillings...on my humble mediocre car allowance...

So, another call back - man in a van on his way with a cheque. They have also asked me to cancel my DD (gulp :sad: ) as they are sending a CIP recorded delivery to my finance company...

Slightly better news is that ordering systems states my car arrives early March, no guarantees, but 9th March to the dealer....so I could be driving a Lexus 4 weeks plus 2 days from now....

Still unacceptable as whilst the intentions were there, the delivery was not executed (they still had the cheques there), and I'm still not totally happy and all that jazz, but :yahoo:

Excellent news!! Not long now :)

Cheers Scott - I'm getting all excited...

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't drink, a large whisky is called for...all reading this - have one for me!

Incidentally - how's yer MPG comin' along?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi matey...both sorrow and Joy heh? Well I will keep fingers crossed that it does arrive March :winky:

My dealer rang this morning, and has offered me a Caspian sky model ( cancelled order apparantly ) :question: Thing is......I could have it March :excl:

All other spec is exactly as my original choice, and I really need to see a caspian Sky in the flesh now :D

Caspian in my view is excellent (it was my second choise - I like Red cars!!). But it's a personal thing.

Its a light sky blue metallic if I recall, saw one at Leicester in that colour, but the SE-L was a few too many shillings...on my humble mediocre car allowance...

So, another call back - man in a van on his way with a cheque. They have also asked me to cancel my DD (gulp :sad: ) as they are sending a CIP recorded delivery to my finance company...

Slightly better news is that ordering systems states my car arrives early March, no guarantees, but 9th March to the dealer....so I could be driving a Lexus 4 weeks plus 2 days from now....

Still unacceptable as whilst the intentions were there, the delivery was not executed (they still had the cheques there), and I'm still not totally happy and all that jazz, but :yahoo:

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't drink, a large whisky is called for...all reading this - have one for me!

The whisky is tempting, got this nasty cold with blocked sinus, need something to deaden the pain :)

MPG is still 34, spoke to my dealer about it this morning and he said they had similar problems with the hybrid (rx ?) and mpg improved after about 4000 miles :o Not sure how a hybrid equates to a normal diesel car but I'm willing to see where I am after 4000 miles or so. By then there should be plenty of other feedback about mpg so we're know if Lexus have dropped the ball with claimed figures etc.

Still loving the car; it's great for cruising down the motorway, so quiet. Borrowed some Jazz of one of my mates, not normally my cup of tea, but we cranked up the ML to upper 40's and had a good listen. My mate was well impressed, you could pick out all the instruments and warbles :blink:

Jamboo

I should say that Lexus Leicester is c**p. My brother got his IS 220d delivered last weekend through them. The guy said he was not responsible for the hand-over and spent only 10 minutes talking us through. I was surprised!!! Again, the car was not delivered on the date promised.

I guess its time all Lexus Dealers are refreshed with some customer service training.

I hope you get your car delivered on time. I am sure its worth the wait.

Javeed

I feel a new topic coming on....

I agree. If die hard Lexus fans are becoming unhappy there is a problem.

I am now really looking forward to March, and I fear for the owners of old IS cars who may get the sharp end of the brunted stick, 'cos all the owners of new cars that they can't seemingly handle...

I feel a new topic coming on....

I agree. If die hard Lexus fans are becoming unhappy there is a problem.

I am now really looking forward to March, and I fear for the owners of old IS cars who may get the sharp end of the brunted stick, 'cos all the owners of new cars that they can't seemingly handle...

Jamboo,

Well done mate for venting you feelings and taking positive action re the totally unacceptable service you have received from Lexus Leicester.

Lexus fans are a passionate group, and no doubt an honest lot. When a problem or issue arises it is genuine, because for 16 years Lexus they have built up a reputation that fans have been proud off, and when this reputation is in danger of freefalling from the pedestal it occupies. The customer notices and voices his opinion.

I think some complacency in the dealers have set in, and your new post you have started today is an excellent step forward in making sure Lexus know how their fans feel. Better go and add my pennies worth to!

Yes you are right about receiving the sharp end of the proverbial stick with the quality issues that Lexus are finding difficulty to come to terms with and sort out. I have a feeling the fans voice will start to make a difference. Certainly my dealer (Croydon) seem to be better prepared than others, and certainly very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Really hope they stick to the delivery date they have indicated, you have suffered along with others, and this should not happen.

Eunos, Caspian sky is quite stunning and I think you will be smitten when you see it. Good luck.

Good luck to you all.

Jamboo, I too dealt with Lexus Leicester when ordering my new IS and I felt that there service had slipped since my last purchase. I have the car now and am very happy but then yesterday I received a letter from Lexus Financial Services that I owe them money because there is still an outstanding balance. Even though I traded the car in December! When I ordered the car in November I said I didn't want to have to make an other payment and Leicester agreed, told me to cancel my DD. I've since been told by Lexus FS that Leicester had no right to tell me to do that. :angry:

I too spoke too Richard the dealer principle, he does like to waffle...new IS is great, exceeding all forcasts blah blah... He did say that he would get Jon Browne to ring me the next day to sort it out because he was not in today. I'll keep you posted.

Jamboo, I too dealt with Lexus Leicester when ordering my new IS and I felt that there service had slipped since my last purchase. I have the car now and am very happy but then yesterday I received a letter from Lexus Financial Services that I owe them money because there is still an outstanding balance. Even though I traded the car in December! When I ordered the car in November I said I didn't want to have to make an other payment and Leicester agreed, told me to cancel my DD. I've since been told by Lexus FS that Leicester had no right to tell me to do that. :angry:

I too spoke too Richard the dealer principle, he does like to waffle...new IS is great, exceeding all forcasts blah blah... He did say that he would get Jon Browne to ring me the next day to sort it out because he was not in today. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers Saracen - we'll need to meet up for a drink sometime...a stiff Coca Cola!

Well my Bank manager came to see me yesterday, and he cancelled my DD there and then 'cos I told him to (but only 'cos Richard told ME to...)! My payment was being taken today by First National for my old car (which I gave them 14th January and they hadn't settled still...). Richard did state that he was personally sending a recorded Del cheque yesterday and that FNMF would "note" the records...

Good news is that I got my £6g back yesterday!

I better prepare for the hassle this will no doubt cause...such is my confidence at the mo!

Why isn't anything b****y simple these days?

Cheers Saracen - we'll need to meet up for a drink sometime...a stiff Coca Cola!

Well my Bank manager came to see me yesterday, and he cancelled my DD there and then 'cos I told him to (but only 'cos Richard told ME to...)! My payment was being taken today by First National for my old car (which I gave them 14th January and they hadn't settled still...). Richard did state that he was personally sending a recorded Del cheque yesterday and that FNMF would "note" the records...

Good news is that I got my £6g back yesterday!

I better prepare for the hassle this will no doubt cause...such is my confidence at the mo!

Why isn't anything b****y simple these days?

"Why isn't anything b****y simple these days?" Amen to that :angry:

Well,

in the post today I finally get the Log book for my old Audi, Chersihed retention should have been completed days ago, so where's my Tax disc? It was agreed I would get that so that I can claim it back. It's a small thing, but I find I'm the one having to chase again...

I've already lost a further £10er 'cos they kept giving me the wrong form...and we went from Jan to Feb....

Left a message....ZZzzzz

PS Tim - did you go for the Caspain?

Well,

in the post today I finally get the Log book for my old Audi, Chersihed retention should have been completed days ago, so where's my Tax disc? It was agreed I would get that so that I can claim it back. It's a small thing, but I find I'm the one having to chase again...

I've already lost a further £10er 'cos they kept giving me the wrong form...and we went from Jan to Feb....

Left a message....ZZzzzz

Hi matey....no! We got to see an actual IS250 in caspian sky...and I agree...it is a nice colour :-)

However, she who must be etc, has fallen big style for St Lucia Pearl, and we have confirmed our order for this variant ( with sussex grey interior) today.

My Dealer says it will probably be JULY !! before delivery :o

As I have now got resigned to waiting anyway, a month or two more doesnt stress me too much and I reckon pearl will be quite rare, PLUS with an anticipated build of May /June a few more gremlins may have hopefully been sorted on the line rather than as after sales issues. :D

Know what you mean about having to do the chasing though.....seems that's the norm theses days - obviously most people in the service Industries either go AWOL when the training courses come around / fall asleep in them / or are just so complacent and resigned to "It'll do mentality" hemselves, they just don't give a s**t. Still on for March for you then??

Feel I know some of you guys like buddies by now...perhaps we should arrange a get together in the summer or whatever?? :D

Well,

Left a message....ZZzzzz

Hi matey....no! We got to see an actual IS250 in caspian sky...and I agree...it is a nice colour :-)

However, she who must be etc, has fallen big style for St Lucia Pearl, and we have confirmed our order for this variant ( with sussex grey interior) today.

My Dealer says it will probably be JULY !! before delivery :o

As I have now got resigned to waiting anyway, a month or two more doesnt stress me too much and I reckon pearl will be quite rare, PLUS with an anticipated build of May /June a few more gremlins may have hopefully been sorted on the line rather than as after sales issues. :D

Know what you mean about having to do the chasing though.....seems that's the norm theses days - obviously most people in the service Industries either go AWOL when the training courses come around / fall asleep in them / or are just so complacent and resigned to "It'll do mentality" hemselves, they just don't give a s**t. Still on for March for you then??

Feel I know some of you guys like buddies by now...perhaps we should arrange a get together in the summer or whatever?? :D

March for me still yup// No one called back! I'm away for 2 days now...!

I do like the St lucia, in all pics it looks the biz. Good choice.

Maybe we should get together somewhere in the Summer... :blush:

Those of you that are bored of this thread, switch to another channel...

Well, I am now waiting for my Audi's Tax disc, so that I can claim the RFL back (till end Sep 06). Bearing in mind they bought the car off me on 14th Jan! Through the dealers incompetence, I have lost a £10er or so thus far (not a lot but it's the principal) with all of the delays, wrong forms etc. I was promised it was in the post to me yesterday recorded, but I've still got nothing.

As per the other thread, I spoke to the Salesman again yesterday, and he obviously does not know when my car is being delivered, in spite of the dealer principal telling me it's due on 9thish and with me getting it 13th March. The words "..hopefully but can't be guaranteed.....with a bit of luck..." don't add confidence at all.

Whats worse, it that the salesman seems to think it's still 23rd of March, which means I get it at end of March...or are they trying to register it in April for April targets?? I just wish they would do something which would make me believe the customer satisfaction indices.

I just can't believe they still can't guarantee it. The lack of comm's is just astounding from within the dealership, right through to the factory! I dunno how long it's in a boat for, but it must be being finished right now...?

Lexus Leicester - I know you're watching, you know who and where I am. In the meantime I'm relaxed about it (inspite of sounding as if I care), because it's like talking to a brick wall, and no different to the opposition in Leicester. My expectations are very low, so it's over to you.

:huh:

These problems are small, hence me being relaxed, but how on earth do I organise my finance etc if you keep contradicting your dates? That's what I told the salesman yesterday...and oh yes he said he would email me with the delivery date...still waiting...

:whistling:

Those of you that are bored of this thread, switch to another channel...

Well, I am now waiting for my Audi's Tax disc, so that I can claim the RFL back (till end Sep 06). Bearing in mind they bought the car off me on 14th Jan! Through the dealers incompetence, I have lost a £10er or so thus far (not a lot but it's the principal) with all of the delays, wrong forms etc. I was promised it was in the post to me yesterday recorded, but I've still got nothing.

As per the other thread, I spoke to the Salesman again yesterday, and he obviously does not know when my car is being delivered, in spite of the dealer principal telling me it's due on 9thish and with me getting it 13th March. The words "..hopefully but can't be guaranteed.....with a bit of luck..." don't add confidence at all.

Whats worse, it that the salesman seems to think it's still 23rd of March, which means I get it at end of March...or are they trying to register it in April for April targets?? I just wish they would do something which would make me believe the customer satisfaction indices.

I just can't believe they still can't guarantee it. The lack of comm's is just astounding from within the dealership, right through to the factory! I dunno how long it's in a boat for, but it must be being finished right now...?

Lexus Leicester - I know you're watching, you know who and where I am. In the meantime I'm relaxed about it (inspite of sounding as if I care), because it's like talking to a brick wall, and no different to the opposition in Leicester. My expectations are very low, so it's over to you.

:huh:

These problems are small, hence me being relaxed, but how on earth do I organise my finance etc if you keep contradicting your dates? That's what I told the salesman yesterday...and oh yes he said he would email me with the delivery date...still waiting...

:whistling:

Hi Jamboo :)

You are right to be "relaxed about it" - I have spent most of my life being enthusiastic and aggresively competitive, and have come to the conclusion that now having taken early retirement, it just aint worth it :excl: I am learning to chill out, and realize that other people will generally never understand my sense of care, commitment, and sense of urgency. If they can't relate to it, they sure as hell aint gonna match it :angry: , so I will continue to be disappointed and frustrated and angry.....and be heading for my second serious stress problem. I now believe the old adage of "if you cant' beat 'em join 'em" :crybaby:

Cheers mate!!

The thing that has always gauled me is that when you see the car, work out the deal, and are just about to sign, they promise you everything is easy, and that Lexus Customer care and Dealer service is second to none. They tell you how things will happen, how long it will take etc. So they can talk the talk at my local dealers...

But they won't walk the walk...that's what gauls me. They just can't seem to deliver though they make the noises and know what should be done. It's an industry wide problem.

In my line of work, suppliers often have powerpoint slides showing the theory and concept. It all looks easy...but they then struggle to deliver. I call it "vapourware" as opposed to software or hardware - 'cos it only exists in their minds...!!

BTW, Tax disc arrives this morning...a day later than expected... :mellow:

So it took:

4 weeks of chasing to get the money for my old car (I was told 10 days tops)

5 weeks for cherished transfer (I was tyold 10 days tops)

5 weeks for tax disc so I can claim it back as agreed (I was told 10 days...)

...and 5 weeks down the road, I am still not sure exactly when in March the car comes...so I'm playing it safe, taking the loan early and will only leave Insurance till last minute...bearing in mind the hassle that Scott went through...

How many new IS's have you guys seen on the roads?

I've seen 15 New IS's now, 8 on the roads driven, and 7 in one go on a delivery wagon on Wednesday on the A34 near Oxford!! Dunno if they count though... :lol:

Cheers mate!!

The thing that has always gauled me is that when you see the car, work out the deal, and are just about to sign, they promise you everything is easy, and that Lexus Customer care and Dealer service is second to none. They tell you how things will happen, how long it will take etc. So they can talk the talk at my local dealers...

But they won't walk the walk...that's what gauls me. They just can't seem to deliver though they make the noises and know what should be done. It's an industry wide problem.

In my line of work, suppliers often have powerpoint slides showing the theory and concept. It all looks easy...but they then struggle to deliver. I call it "vapourware" as opposed to software or hardware - 'cos it only exists in their minds...!!

BTW, Tax disc arrives this morning...a day later than expected... :mellow:

So it took:

4 weeks of chasing to get the money for my old car (I was told 10 days tops)

5 weeks for cherished transfer (I was tyold 10 days tops)

5 weeks for tax disc so I can claim it back as agreed (I was told 10 days...)

...and 5 weeks down the road, I am still not sure exactly when in March the car comes...so I'm playing it safe, taking the loan early and will only leave Insurance till last minute...bearing in mind the hassle that Scott went through...

How many new IS's have you guys seen on the roads?

I've seen 15 New IS's now, 8 on the roads driven, and 7 in one go on a delivery wagon on Wednesday on the A34 near Oxford!! Dunno if they count though... :lol:

I ve seen only 2 cars on the road around here...mind you of course as everyone knows we have only just had electricity :lol:

I've seen 2 in total, 1 of which i saw today.

I saw one cruising on the motorway and it looked damn nice !!!!

I like many others placed my order for the IS250, i was told by the salesperson that she would phone that week to confirm a delivery date. It has now been 2 weeks and no call. I have e-mailed her regarding this, although she did say that any new IS with MM will be 12 weeks wait.

Just spoke to my dealer and looks like my delivery has slipped again (ordered 220d SE MM in jan) and car now has build date in april and delivery in june. From what he said its all down to MM Option. - apparantly they can only manufacture 10 cars a week with MM (can't believe this). Fortunatly its a company car so I just keep my merc a bit longer.

Jamboo

Having read your tale of woe I can see why you are losing confidence in Lexus. If it's any comfort, (and it's probably not!) I think the issues are more to do with your dealership, as my own experience is the exact opposite.

I bought my IS250 from Lexus Edinburgh in December. They are without doubt the most professional and customer oriented dealership I have ever come across in 20 years of buying cars. They have a good reputation and I ordered from them in preference to a more local dealer after being less than impressed with the attitude of the local dealership.

From the word go I was kept informed of the progress of my order. When the indicative delivery date was confirmed they called me and called again to confirm arrival of the car and that it had passed the initial PDI and was considered "fit for delivery to the customer".

Taking delivery of the car was an experience in itself. The "presentation room" is a simple but great idea. The salesman, Michael, spent almost 2 hours handing the car over, including a test drive to demonstrate the Sat Nav and parking system. He even connected my phone and transferred my phonebook to the car's system and set up the sat nav. to navigate me home from Edinburgh to Glasgow!

This is my first Lexus and a superb car reinforced by excellent customer service has assured that my next one will be Lexus too.

I hope everything gets sorted out for you soon.

Velcrow, i'm guessing Glasgow was your local dealership??

I have just ordered from them and although i cant say may experience has been as bad as Jamboo's, it still wasn't the best.

They never seem to get in touch when they said they would and if i e-mailed or phoned them they would take forever to return a call!!!

In addition, i was supposed to be called to confirm a delivery date 2 weeks ago, and as of yet have received nothing from them, even when i have e-mailed them regarding this last week !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links