Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slipping Crowns And Delivery Dates Etc.....

Velcrow, i'm guessing Glasgow was your local dealership??

It certainly was ha55anx. Wasn't impressed at all by the member of staff I was dealing with. I phoned Edinburgh who matched the deal I was being offered. Got better information, advice, not to mention a better feeling in a 10min phone call than I'd had in 3 visits to the Glasgow dealership.

There's no problem with the trip for servicing either. They are picking the car up from my office and leaving me a loan car while mine is serviced.

I've just put them to the test on this and no issues at all. I seem to have excess wind noise at speed from the front door area of my car. Phoned the service dept. and asked if they had any other reports of this and they said no, but it shouldn't be there so could they have the car please. They're picking it up to investigate.

I'm beginning to sound like an advert for them!! I'm really not associated with them in any way (honest!) - just really pleased to find a dealership that walks the walk as well as talking the talk. :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to the dealer today to hand over my Chersihed retention form so that I can get my new baby with my plate.

All looks good again for mid March...again...but they can't tell me for definate...still not satisfactory. If you bought a Rolex, you would know exactly when you were getting it...even at a quarter of the price of a new Lex!

One thing that was covered earlier on these threads was for saturday freebie car washes...they were doing this at my local today.

Admittedly did not see them washing it. But 2 came round from the back, one was dripping wet...the other one was sort of dryish...

Both had badly cleaned alloys....shameful! The dust was still on the base of the spokes on one all round and "white" water spots all over the glass where it was left to dry naturally, and the other had one very dirty wheel...not cleaned at all....!

The coffee and pastry's looked OK though...

Well they do say, you don't getting anything for free!

PS - Velcrow - cheers mate for the vote of confidence...I'm gonna be forced to go to Coventry for maintenance!

Been to the dealer today to hand over my Chersihed retention form so that I can get my new baby with my plate.

All looks good again for mid March...again...but they can't tell me for definate...still not satisfactory. If you bought a Rolex, you would know exactly when you were getting it...even at a quarter of the price of a new Lex!

One thing that was covered earlier on these threads was for saturday freebie car washes...they were doing this at my local today.

Admittedly did not see them washing it. But 2 came round from the back, one was dripping wet...the other one was sort of dryish...

Both had badly cleaned alloys....shameful! The dust was still on the base of the spokes on one all round and "white" water spots all over the glass where it was left to dry naturally, and the other had one very dirty wheel...not cleaned at all....!

PS - Velcrow - cheers mate for the vote of confidence...I'm gonna be forced to go to Coventry for maintenance!

Not long now Jamboo :)

All the cars I ever seen come out of the Lexus Poole car wash have been well done. I guess it comes down to volume, Leicester probably do more car washes on a saturday than Poole.

No, not at all matey!! Just a few more days :yahoo: and looking forward to it in spite of naff economy!!

I did see a St Lucia Pearl one in Leicester today on the way there...

It looked gr8!

So Eunos800 - you'll be please if that's what you went for in the end!!

PS - that means I have seen 17 now (though one black one in Leicester seen thrice, and 7-8 on a wagon on the A34 near Oxford - so they don't count :lol:

No, not at all matey!! Just a few more days :yahoo: and looking forward to it in spite of naff economy!!

I did see a St Lucia Pearl one in Leicester today on the way there...

It looked gr8!

So Eunos800 - you'll be please if that's what you went for in the end!!

PS - that means I have seen 17 now (though one black one in Leicester seen thrice, and 7-8 on a wagon on the A34 near Oxford - so they don't count :lol:

Yep - St Lucia pearl with grey interior :D Pity you didnt have your camera mate - we still havent actually seen one in the colour....most of the ones we have found online seem to basically "white", I'm guessing that they are maybe "foreign" versions, as we know they get a different selection from us here in blighty B)

Just got call from my Lexus dealer today.

He has said that that my car which was supposed to come end of march now won't arrive till June!!! :angry:

Apparently, Lexus stopped production of the IS for a little and now all IS delivers are being delayed as a result!!

Has anyone else heard the same?

Bit miffed off with this as I had handed my car in as early part-ex too!! :angry:

I knew they used local junkies!! :lol::lol:

I seen a couple of lexus sale reps outside the methadone clinic advertising for weekend jobs LMFAO!! :D

Probably figures why the staff at lexus Bolton are always so unhelpful, too busy in the back room looking for the main vein. :lol:

nicnac

No. the dealer didn't say why production was stopped or for how long it stopped for.

He called up again today and said he'll be s[peaking to the area manager on Friday so should know more about what is going on then.

michaelm when did you place your order??

Which spec did you go for?

Ha55anx

I ordered mid Jan for IS250SE with MM.

Even handed my car in early part-ex too!!!

Real sorry to hear that michaelm.

I ordered the IS250SE with MM too back at the beginning of Feb and was told roughly 12 weeks i.e. end of April, however the way things are going i'm guessing it wont be to long before i get a phone call too to tell me its been delayed further !!!

Unlinke you i haven't handed a PX.

12 weeks already seemed so long away, if i have to wait longer i dont know what i'm gonna do !!!!!!!

Hopefully mine's still enroute...still...else I will ask for my deposit back.

The problem is that Lex won't guarantee a delivery date...and so you can't invoke any sale of good act type things....it's always "...it should be here by...." or "..we're still expecting delivery late March..."

Naff from a customer satisfaction perspective in my view...

Lexus - pull your finger out!

(as you can tell I have no loyalties :arrrggg-matey: )

That seems quite unacceptable to have taken your p/ex and now not be able to give you the new one till June, I'd kick up a bit of a fuss and they may lend you a car to use in the mean time.......

You have every right to write "time is of the essence" on you order form and also an expected delivery date. In other businesses people put penalty clauses in for £x for every y days late. Not sure if the Lexus delaer would sign it though :(

That seems quite unacceptable to have taken your p/ex and now not be able to give you the new one till June, I'd kick up a bit of a fuss and they may lend you a car to use in the mean time.......

Just got call from dealer today.

I'll be getting a brand new GS300 to drive until I get my car whenever that arrives!!

Should get the GS 22nd March.

Not bad result!!!

Only prob now is that after i've driven the GS for few months, prob want that instead of the IS!!! :D

I'll be getting a brand new GS300 to drive until I get my car whenever that arrives!!

Not bad result!!!

Only prob now is that after i've driven the GS for few months, prob want that instead of the IS!!! :D

Blimey - that's a result! well done mate.

I don't think I could even get a scooter from my dealer :duh: :lol:

Velcrow, i'm guessing Glasgow was your local dealership??

I have just ordered from them and although i cant say may experience has been as bad as Jamboo's, it still wasn't the best.

They never seem to get in touch when they said they would and if i e-mailed or phoned them they would take forever to return a call!!!

In addition, i was supposed to be called to confirm a delivery date 2 weeks ago, and as of yet have received nothing from them, even when i have e-mailed them regarding this last week !!!

There is a big difference between dealers. I originally contacted the Lexus U.K. website, requesting brochures and a test drive. I won't name the dealer here who they passed on the details to, but they neither contacted me in response to that, or when I phoned them.

I then called into another dealer and was very impressed.

As my deal has now been done through a rather large broker, we'll wait and see if that has more weight when getting delivery.... I hope so, or I'll be catching the tube for a while!

Ordered this week... delivery 10 - 12 weeks... We'll see.

Welcome to the club!

Mine hopefully arrives next saturday, but I am so peeved at the fuel economy (or lack of it).

I still can't believe how a 2.2 4 cyl 177bhp Diesel can be close to a 200+bhp 2.5 v6 in terms of economy.

I am so far down the road now that I can't cancel...but I will hold Lexus to the 30 day satisfaction if I have to; I have zero loyalty when it comes to cars - regardless of the make :arrrggg-matey: grrr :devil:

The Missus is looking forward to it so much...more than me at the mo...!

Welcome to the club!

Mine hopefully arrives next saturday, but I am so peeved at the fuel economy (or lack of it).

I still can't believe how a 2.2 4 cyl 177bhp Diesel can be close to a 200+bhp 2.5 v6 in terms of economy.

I am so far down the road now that I can't cancel...but I will hold Lexus to the 30 day satisfaction if I have to; I have zero loyalty when it comes to cars - regardless of the make :arrrggg-matey: grrr :devil:

The Missus is looking forward to it so much...more than me at the mo...!

Well it was a quiet Friday afternoon in the office so I spent most of it trawling the web....

Interesting reading..

Firstly, from reading the press reviews, half of the press liked the 220d, the others didn't ( I wonder how many actually drove it! ).

As for fuel consumption, the engine is he higher power version of the current 2.2 Avensis engine (soon to be the same) with a different gearbox; the Avensis is front wheel drive. The Avensis gives excellent consumption figures. So are we looking at an EMU problem? The 320d I had a few years back had a similar problem, and that was down to dodgy firmware.

Again, going back to the various reviews, there seems to be major differences between the same models, consumption AND gearbox wise.

As for fuel consumption, the engine is he higher power version of the current 2.2 Avensis engine (soon to be the same) with a different gearbox; the Avensis is front wheel drive. The Avensis gives excellent consumption figures. So are we looking at an EMU problem? The 320d I had a few years back had a similar problem, and that was down to dodgy firmware.

I was wondering if it was down to poor engine management programming, being a software developer I know how easy it is to f :tsktsk: k things up :blush::whistling:

Something is very odd because I get the same mpg if I thrash the living daylights out of it and the benefit of a much more enjoyable ride B). Just come back in from bouncing around the back roads and it's really starting to shift :) when pushed hard - I'm starting to redline it a bit more now I've covered 1600 miles.

It's all loosening up nicely, hence the rattles :D

Not bad result!!!

Delighted for you about the GS, however, I cannot understand anyone handing over their car on the promise of a car dealer. It is not your fault that it is taking them 3/4 months to get your car to you. I did my deal in January ,I have the price minus the trade in on a receipt and I dont care how long it takes them to get the car for me .They are still only getting the same money for it. In fact I am quite pleased as it will mean that I have more of the balance of the dog I am driving now paid off, and the wife will think I am great when she sees the repayments on the new jalopy being considerably less than the old one.

Delighted for you about the GS, however, I cannot understand anyone handing over their car on the promise of a car dealer. It is not your fault that it is taking them 3/4 months to get your car to you. I did my deal in January ,I have the price minus the trade in on a receipt and I dont care how long it takes them to get the car for me .They are still only getting the same money for it. In fact I am quite pleased as it will mean that I have more of the balance of the dog I am driving now paid off, and the wife will think I am great when she sees the repayments on the new jalopy being considerably less than the old one.

Hi Barry

At the time, I didn't really drive my car and as my insurance, road tax and MOT were all due this month, thought I might as well hand it in early just incase the car didn't arrive on time and I had to get those sorted out.

Otherwise i would prob have kept my car till the new one came in.

Don't mind about the car coming in late as it means that I get to put some more money away til the car comes!!

The wife will be happy too as she gets her car back now!!

You're enjoying it...that's the idea...can't wait inspite of the gumbling!

Just had an email... delivery date now 13 weeks!

So ordered last week, 10-12 weeks; 1 week later now 13 weeks, so I make that delivery time of 14 weeks!

I've emailed back and said I'm prepared to compromise on colour; apparently, demand for Brechin Slate is greater than expected.

Sigh!!! :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links