Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone Volume

niloc

Hi all,

Just thought that you might like to know;

That in addition to the normal volume controls on the IS250 touch screen under Audio, there is a hidden management control which adjusts the incoming and outgoing volumes. The delivered settings are set at 0 but can be adjusted up to 5.

The technician at Lexus Poole set mine to 3 and that has dramatically improved the outgoing volume so I dont get any ....Pardon, Speak up, I cant hear you comments from my colleagues.

I dont think that you can do it yourself since it requires some techie selecting of the Navigator management control panel by pressing the headlight stalk on the steering wheel in particular sequences.

So if people cant hear you clearly then get down to your local Lexus Dealer for a fix

Col

Hi all,

That in addition to the normal volume controls on the IS250 touch screen under Audio, there is a hidden management control which adjusts the incoming and outgoing volumes. The delivered settings are set at 0 but can be adjusted up to 5.

The technician at Lexus Poole set mine to 3 and that has dramatically improved the outgoing volume so I dont get any ....Pardon, Speak up, I cant hear you comments from my colleagues.

I dont think that you can do it yourself since it requires some techie selecting of the Navigator management control panel by pressing the headlight stalk on the steering wheel in particular sequences.

So if people cant hear you clearly then get down to your local Lexus Dealer for a fix

Col

Colin - very interesting....do you know if this techie can sort out the volume for the Satnav which people complain is too low? And also the "Voice Activation" commands which also appear to be too low?

I struggled on the test drive with the radio on at a resonable volume to hear what she was saying, but assumed it was adjustable...and my salesman had no idea...

Hi all,

Col

Colin - very interesting....do you know if this techie can sort out the volume for the Satnav which people complain is too low? And also the "Voice Activation" commands which also appear to be too low?

I struggled on the test drive with the radio on at a resonable volume to hear what she was saying, but assumed it was adjustable...and my salesman had no idea...

Not sure if it can be adjusted in this management control panel but there seemed to be a load of settings, I'm sure you know this but you can increase 'Her' volume in the satnav so that she speaks loader, also you can turn on the adaptive volume control which as I understand it increases 'her' volume based on the radio volume, I have 'her' set at about 4 and adaptive on and don't get a problem listening to her. Also 'She' only comes out of the RH front speaker so if you were a passenger it would have been quiet.

Col

Hi Col and Jamboo (and others).

Yes, the settings for the Phone and Sat Nav are both easly adjusted.

For the phone, push the Info button, then select Phone and then select Settings (under Phone), there is a volume setting there for speaker and mic (basically.

For the Sat Nav, push the Menu button and the Volume is an option on that screen.

Only one problem with my SatNav system, I get this pommy sheila's voice. :P :P :P

Hi Gary

Mine is Silver. Has grey interior with SatNav and ML sound (of course).

Didn't have to wait, after Christmas holiday when I was ready to buy, they had it in the showroom and ready to sell.

RAP03 is the rego plates when you see me. I have only seen one other on the road and that was late last year. Where are they all?

Also, found out before how to enter the voice dial for the phone.

When you edit the stored person's details, there is a second page which has the voice dial setup for the person.

Yes, there seems to be more aussies using the UK site then the Aust site. Must be because we lost the ashes and world cup and want to use up there resources.

:P

Try this:

- Press and HOLD DOWN the INFO button

- At the same time, turn your Park Lights on then off three times

- Release the INFO button

- A Menu Screen will appear

- Choose the Bluetooth option

Kinros

Try this:

Kinros

hey, thats cool. just tried it, and there is quite a few things in that menu.

have turned up the microphone to 3, and will wait and see if that is any better when making phone calls.

Try this:

Kinros

hey, thats cool. just tried it, and there is quite a few things in that menu.

have turned up the microphone to 3, and will wait and see if that is any better when making phone calls.

What are the full list of options then? Is it all Phone stuff only, or is there another setting for Sat Nav Volume and Voice Activation instructions too in there (over and above the normal/standard Sat Nav Volume through the standard MLS settings)?

'twould be a good to see the full list - the dealer hasn't got a clue about any of this!