Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Octane Booster - Wurth

TheDon

I may be able to set up a group buy for the 300ml bottles of Wurth Octane booster - essential for those who have the superchargers or turbo should you find yourself in a petrol station without superunleaded or just for those wanting to increase the octane of 97 ron fuel for use on the strip.

If this is what people want i can ask the question?

I was looking at buying a large quantity for myself as it seems silly paying out £9 a time if you can buy it for less.

here are the prices i was offered for the stuff, im sure the more we order the cheaper it will get.

1 x bottle = £9

6 x bottles = £42 - £7.00 each

12 x bottles = £80 - £6.66 each

24 x bottles = £152 - £6.33 each

40 x bottles = £240 - £6.00 each

Personaly i am bying 24 bottles

Out of interest, what is the mixture ratio?

100% Snake Oil

There's no evidence AT ALL that this stuff does anything to signifcantly improve octane rating.

If you don't mind a dose of cancer, mix up a tank of 98 RON with 15% toluene and 15% xylene then head for the nearest drag strip :blink:

100% Snake Oil

There's no evidence AT ALL that this stuff does anything to signifcantly improve octane rating.

If you don't mind a dose of cancer, mix up a tank of 98 RON with 15% toluene and 15% xylene then head for the nearest drag strip :blink:

I love tolulene :D :D

Have not bought it yet, although i have used it before and its realy good.

All i know is that when i use standard 95 Ron petrol then drive the car hard it feels like ****, then if i put the same 95 ron in plus the octane booster then it runs better.

Normaly they say one bottle full per 60 litres

Tesco Super UL is 99 octane already and is about 5p a litre more than their standard UL, I can get it here for 94.9p. So at 5p difference that would be £3 per 60L more against £6 for the octane booster. Don't see that point really or I being thick :question:

Tesco 99 ron isnt availiable to us all though. nice if it is.

For example it costs me over £5-6 just to drive to and from the tesco store compared to filling up just down the road.

Or for example your running on empty and get to a petrol station that has no super unleaded. as was stated in the above post.

As for where i am super unleaded runs at £1.04 per litre and normal is at £0.93.

But group buys are there for those that want it, either way im only trying to help those that already buy the stuff

No thats cool fella, just dont want people getting confused.

Main reason for having high octane fuel in performance cars is to highten the temp at which the chemicals combust in the chamber.

If you use too low an octane fuel then you can get "knocking" or pre-detonation in the chamber where the fuel explodes under heat and pressure rather than the spark from the plug.

this can lead to damage to your engine!