Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems With New Is Range

Perhaps Lexus have done exactly what all the trade guys on this forum have done since the launch and gone totally quiet about all these problems.

I put it up to the trade guys....that is those who work for lexus or their distributer/dealers etc to come back with the story of what LEXUS is doing to remedy these problems.

They were loud enough before the launch ... and I wonder if they have been gagged by their bosses.

COME ON MOLE WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

This board seems to be inefectual regarding getting anything done !!!!!

do any of the comittee have any pull with the dealers????

COME ON LETS HAVE SOME ACTION :tomato::tomato::tomato::blush: :duh: :yawn:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nic,

I think you'll probably find that mole worked in Lexus marketing, despite being a dealer like he claimed! I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of us seeing him here again!

Ro1,

probably right mate.....i have just sent the following to lexus uk and lexus ireland ....

I am a member of the Lexus Owners Club and would like to point out to the Lexus Management that a great deal of harm is being done to the Lexus reputation by the failure of lexus to address the faults that heave shown up on the new IS models .

These faults are all covered in topics on the Owners Club Posts but in general relate to Rattles in the dash and pillars and seatbelt problems.

can someone in authority assure me and the rest of the 13,000 members of this club that Lexus is addressing these problems and are actively tackling them at production level.

My IS250 MM package is due within 4-6 weeks and I trust that these teathing problems will not be present.

please dont ignore this email and passon to someone in senior managment.

thank you in anticipation of a reply.

PS www.lexusownersclub.co.uk

probably wont do any good but wort a try!!! :duh:

Ro1,

probably right mate.....i have just sent the following to lexus uk and lexus ireland ....

I am a member of the Lexus Owners Club and would like to point out to the Lexus Management that a great deal of harm is being done to the Lexus reputation by the failure of lexus to address the faults that heave shown up on the new IS models .

These faults are all covered in topics on the Owners Club Posts but in general relate to Rattles in the dash and pillars and seatbelt problems.

can someone in authority assure me and the rest of the 13,000 members of this club that Lexus is addressing these problems and are actively tackling them at production level.

My IS250 MM package is due within 4-6 weeks and I trust that these teathing problems will not be present.

please dont ignore this email and passon to someone in senior managment.

thank you in anticipation of a reply.

PS www.lexusownersclub.co.uk

probably wont do any good but wort a try!!! :duh:

Send to steve settle lexus GB's MD

cheers gord....have sent modified letter to him and have asked him to browse this forum to see what i mean.so come on guys get your comment going again!

Ro1..proper order..i will take mine for a full test before i hand over the cheque!!!

I'm collecting my new one tomorrow afternoon, so it will be interesting to see the dealer's face when I ask him to join me on a test drive first!

You might be the first to test drive before picking up. Just wondering what will you do if any rattle spotted, will you still hand the cheque over or wait for the fix ? Will they think you're fussy or a bit of niggle :D

I suppose there's not much chance of hearing a rattle in a 1 or 2 mile test drive unless it's very bad! A simple rattle is not enough of a reason to reject the car, so just record the defect at the time of sale and agree that it be fixed.

I suppose there's not much chance of hearing a rattle in a 1 or 2 mile test drive unless it's very bad! A simple rattle is not enough of a reason to reject the car, so just record the defect at the time of sale and agree that it be fixed.

I don't think you will find anything else beside rattle or noise for a new car, then what's the point of test drive the car before handing the cash over :D

I don't mean to be rude but anyone who complains to the manufacturer before they take delivery, should really rethink their purchase and perhaps cancel their order. The simple fact of life is, any new model will have problems. End of story.

If you are not willing to take this risk and you really want an IS250, wait 12 months until all the initial teething problems have been sorted. We will have done all the hard work for you by then and Lexus will have incorporated all the fixes in their production line.

The IS250 was a large purchase (for me anyway) and I realised that getting the first of a new model might be problematic (as it was on another "first model" I purchased). However I weighed this up with Lexus service reputation and figured if anything did go wrong then they would bend over backwards to try and fix it. And this has definately been the case (although a letter to Lexus head office was required to re-focus their attention on one matter).

There have been various problems with the IS250 and just reading the posts on this forum indicates that Lexus certainly gets an A for effort for trying their best to fix these problems, sometimes successfully sometimes not. However every time Lexus is willing to give it a go, again and again. Try to get that sort of service from another make, believe me I have tried. My own IS250 has had a number of problems including 4 rattles (3 dash, 1 rear parcel shelf) and my Lexus dealer has been very co-operative.

However, new model purchasers such as myelf and all the other early IS250 owners need to be willing to be persistent if something isn't right. If it is not fixed then back to the dealer until it is. Its a lot of hassle but then we choose to buy a new model because we didn't want to wait. So we have to take responsibility for our part in this process and make sure Lexus get it right.

If you are not willing to take this risk and you really want an IS250, wait 12 months until all the initial teething problems have been sorted. We will have done all the hard work for you by then and Lexus will have incorporated all the fixes in their production line.

I don't mean to be rude as well, that is what I used to think and had told many many people before. I have the latest model of IS200, probable the last on the production line but still built with plenty of rattles, noise and some little niggle that couple of them are not fixed yet after a few visits to the dealer ;)

I don't mean to be rude as well, that is what I used to think and had told many many people before. I have the latest model of IS200, probable the last on the production line but still built with plenty of rattles, noise and some little niggle that couple of them are not fixed yet after a few visits to the dealer ;)

Guess you have been unlucky as I have had 3 or 4 IS200s as loan cars and all have been rattle free although a little noisy. Was surprised what a great little car the IS200 is. Instantly felt comfortable and was easy to drive, with great handling. Although it has only 4 gears always seems to be able to pick the right one while my IS250 is often in a gear too high.

Crispy ....you are missing the point .The reason for this post is to draw attention to the fact that there are problems and they are as far as we know not being addressed at a production level.

THAT IS WHY I WROTE TO THE MD.

And yes I wont take the car until I am happy with it.

Also if more of you guys wernt so forgiving with Lexus perhaps they would get their act together and fix the probs BEFORE they occur!

It doesn't matter whether it's a "new" model or not, a Lexus should not rattle! The reputation of the brand is built upon it's legendary refinement when compared to it's nearest rivals! I know I bought my LS400 because it was super quiet.

I don't know where the latest IS is built (I assume Japan) but it sounds like a quality control problem, and not enough testing of the car. I really hope this gets sorted asap, this is not the way to raise awareness of the brand ;-)

Crispy ....you are missing the point .The reason for this post is to draw attention to the fact that there are problems and they are as far as we know not being addressed at a production level.

THAT IS WHY I WROTE TO THE MD.

And yes I wont take the car until I am happy with it.

Also if more of you guys wernt so forgiving with Lexus perhaps they would get their act together and fix the probs BEFORE they occur!

Absolutely right, we need to get the Lexus people to act and do it right in the first place. Consumer force is powerful :tomato:

I'm collecting my new one tomorrow afternoon, so it will be interesting to see the dealer's face when I ask him to join me on a test drive first!

Ro1 - I'm doing the same tomorrow! Let us know how you faired tonight if you see this...

BY the way, I tried the "...ayup Mr Dealer, I'm buying a new car and want the rattles etc fixed and an assurance it's done on the production line..."

I got a blank, slightly glazed look back from him, other than to say "...ooooh Lexus are actively monitoring the LOC forums, and will have taken heed...". He then went on to suggest that Lexus had actually set this forum up :blush:

Anyway, my salesman confimed to me day before yesterday that any New IS's ordered now are in "April" production. He seemed to think there was small change in spec when I asked him about mud flaps...and that I would have to "Buy" mine if they were a standard fit in April...I don't think so! It took 'em 5 weeks to pay for my Pex, I lost £20 odd quid on late road tax re-imbursement etc...so if I was forced to buy them, I'll go elsewhere!

Anyway, I don't believe Lexus look at these forums at all. It's a myth.

I used to work in a call centre - there were 14 managers and 250 management experts, who always knew better! The managers used to ignore the experts and be autocratic. Suffice it to say the centre closed down and I was redeployed!

This is also what happened to Mercedes...look at where they are, when you enjoy success yolu should be building on it, not resting on laurels, 'cos then you 're actually going backwards as all else catch up!

Nic(nac), I'm with you buddy!

Back to Crispy's point:

I see where you're coming from; my reason for wanting a new IS is that it is just so plain good...better in my view then anything in that bracket. It's not perfect (small boot, cramped in the back, ***** economy in the diesel so far), but then none of the competition is either! I'm also less likely to lose money on this bought now then anything else in the bracket...

If this was a 3 series, A4, etc I would have taken my deposit back ages ago!

It doesn't matter whether it's a "new" model or not, a Lexus should not rattle! The reputation of the brand is built upon it's legendary refinement when compared to it's nearest rivals! I know I bought my LS400 because it was super quiet.

I don't know where the latest IS is built (I assume Japan) but it sounds like a quality control problem, and not enough testing of the car. I really hope this gets sorted asap, this is not the way to raise awareness of the brand ;-)

Lexus cars always rattle. On the US forums they always complain about this sort of thing. Their basic opinion is if you want a reliable car get Toyota/Lexus if you want rattle free get something else.

My IS200, RX300, GS300 and GS430 have all had rattles. So have all the loan and test vehicles I have driven (including the LS430).

Lexus cars always rattle. On the US forums they always complain about this sort of thing. Their basic opinion is if you want a reliable car get Toyota/Lexus if you want rattle free get something else.

My IS200, RX300, GS300 and GS430 have all had rattles. So have all the loan and test vehicles I have driven (including the LS430).

Is that correct, didn't know that :o My IS has been completely rattle free except for when a cable in the roof came loose and was rattling about. Its almost 4 years old now, and still no rattles at all

That was one of the things that drew me to Lexus ;)

Hi All

I have had IS 200 for 18 months, didnt have any problems. The IS 250 have caused many problems, including rattles and seat belt. I agree with Crispy to some extent - new IS 250 owners to take responsibilty for their own actions. However, we all buy Lexus relying on its refinement and build quality. If it was performance and driveability, we all would be driving BMW's.

Anyways, I have emailed these threads to Gill Want, couple of months before (There are 2 Directors for Lexus GB - Steve and Gill). They replied saying that they were unaware of these problems, and not reported. Both Steve and Gill makes the final decision and the next stage will be to report to SMMT(they will only assist in getting repairs done)

Please find attached the correspondence I have had with Lexus GB

Good afternoon Javeed

Thank you for your e mail . Naturally I am sorry that the rattle has not yet been resolved. I have been updated by Lexus Tunbridge Wells and in fact responded to your e mail yesterday by post.

Our Technical Department have asked the Lexus Centre to record the noise in order to assist their investigations. In the meantime, whilst we do appreciate your patience , we feel that we must point out this rattle does not affect the driveability of your car.

That said, we are of course conscious that your confidence in the car is being affected, and please be assured that we will continue to work with Lexus Tunbridge Wells to resolve the matter, as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Gill

To

customer.relations@lgb.lexus.co.uk

cc

gill.want@lgb.lexus.co.uk

Subject

Re: Lexus IS 250 SEL - GF55 VXB

Hi Gill

I write this letter with regret and disappointment with the way things have been dealt so far. I am now informed that the replacement of the seat will now take around 10 days(after waiting for 10 days). The car will need to be booked in again on Thursday for inspection and then the following week for replacement.

I am really annoyed and surprised the way Lexus treats its customers. Firstly after being inconvenienced so much, do you expect the customer to drive the car for 20 days with the annoying rattle sound? You said to me that a rattle is not a sufficient reason to reject the car, but what if the rattle is consistent and is from all over the car? Secondly you said the warranty is to cover all these unforeseen circumstances, which I understand, but do I have to wait for 20 days and drive with the rattles? I didnt want to keep my car with the dealer - it has already undergone extensive repairs since last two months and it doesn't look like a new car anymore.

Rather than just sympathising and feeling sorry for me, please would Lexus take some immediate action on this and rectify the fault quickly.I don't know as a customer where I stand with all this, and moreover you haven't responded to my previous email(below).

I have a life to live for my own, not for Lexus! I am really fed up with all this.

Regards

Javeed

To

customer.relations@lgb.lexus.co.uk

cc

Subject

Lexus IS 250 SEL - GF55 VXB

Hi Gill

I have spoken with your colleague Steve this morning regarding the various issues I have had with the new Lexus IS 250. I hope you recall our telephone conversation we had at Lexus Tunbridge Wells.

Whilst I reiterated that I wanted to return the Car, you asked me to gain confidence in the car and compensated with a three year service plan (even though I was not after a compensation). I agreed to take the car back and give it another chance. Now, after all that, the car has had severe rattling sound from the doors.

I took it back to the dealer and they booked it in for a day. The problem was not rectified and now they have booked it for another day.

Gill, the inconvenience Lexus have caused during the last 3 months is way too much to bear. I said to you that I am not a customer looking for compensation, but would not like to be inconvenienced like this. Whilst I understand not all cars are perfect, I haven’t heard any customer being troubled so much.

If we were to calculate the number of days I possessed the car since it was launched, you will hopefully understand the severity of the problem. What I do not understand is Lexus taking a cold approach towards this. The only consolation is that almost every IS 250 on the road has this rattling problem. There have been 78 responses to this thread and majority of them have this problem.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=28773

Not to forget, the communication from Lexus GB has been very poor. I have left messages several times during the last few months and I now have to rely on the dealers to ring the head office.

Gill – You have been dealing with my case and you are aware of all the details associated with my car. I wanted to keep you in the loop with the ongoing series of problems with my new car and expect a written explanation to my letter.

I regret to say but the whole experience of the new car has been very disappointing – Lexus GB staff have done nothing to make it enjoyable.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Javeed Hussain

Dear Mr Hussain

Thank you for your e mails received this morning.

I am sorry that you are disappointed with my response to date. It is certainly not my intention to appear to be dismissive of your concerns and I apologise if this was the impression you were given.

However I would like to draw your attention to my e mail of yesterday’s date which states that in our opinion, the rattle does not affect the driveability of your car. I was not referring to the seat belt issue which has now been resolved.

I note your wish to escalate your case, and feel that I must clarify that as Senior Customer Support Co-ordinator, I am given the responsibility of dealing with all customer care issues on behalf of Lexus (GB) Ltd. and am fully empowered to director level to make whatever decisions I feel are necessary to investigate and resolve a case.

Naturally, we do try to work with our customers and Centre network towards a swift and amicable conclusion wherever possible. However we do understand that there may be occasions where we are unable to meet your expectations. Given instances where we reach such an impasse, we fully support the process of independent arbitration.

We would therefore refer you to the New Car Code of Practice monitored by the SMMT (Society of Manufacturers and Traders) Regulation and Compliance Unit. As a fully independent body, their role is to ensure we are acting responsibly and fulfilling our obligations under this code.

In the first instance the Regulation and Compliance Unit can be contacted on 0870 751 8270. Otherwise they can be contacted by writing to www.smmt.co.uk or,

New Car Concilliation Service

PO Box 44755

London

SW1X 7WU

In the meantime, please be assured that we will continue to support Lexus Tunbridge Wells in resolving the rattle on your car.

Yours sincerely

Gill Want

Lexus (GB) Ltd.

@ Colinbarber,

You seem to have accepted that rattles are normal in the Lexus Range....I do not.

My 04 IS200 has had NO rattles from new and should it have had I would have gone spare!!! :tomato:

I dont expect this in a Ford Focus never mind in a €60,000 car here in Eire.

I have been suitably impressed with my IS200 and all I require is the same from my IS250 to be.

This acceptance of rattles just means they will not get of their condescendings arses and rectify their manufacturing process.

Reading the posts from javeeds posts the management are quick to point out they are covered legally .

I wonder hoew quick they would be if they hadnt already got your money!!!

Also the arbitration body gives them an out clause to their responsibilities.

this is typical of the corporate crap we have to deeal with these days. :tomato::tomato:

Just my 2p worth on the subject:

I'm just into my fourth month of IS250 ownership - completely delighted and no rattles. I have to say that anybody who is talking about rejecting a car that they haven't even taken delivery of yet, because of rattles it may or may not have, is going to be a very hard customer to please. Good luck Lexus GB.

I don't know if Lexus monitor these forums but I suspect they do - I know Audi monitor theirs because my wife works for them. They've even used evidence from forums to reject warranty claims after claiments talked about tracking their TTs.

Anybody who thinks that Lexus in Japan are blindly knocking out ISs oblivious to any problems further down the line are unfamiliar with the automotive industry. All warranty claims are analysed and any that come up consistently are referred back to engineers for a fix that is then incorporated in the line.

@NBLG

Would you be as happy if yours rattled like other poor sods on this board.the reason i opened this post was to highlight the apparent inaction by corporate Lexus or at least feedback, not any other reason.

I wish my car to arrive rattle free.

im glad yours did but how about some solidarity for those whos car didnt :P