Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems With New Is Range

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Lexus cars because they are simply the best & in my experience the Aftersales Service has always been beyond expectation.Clearly some unfortunate people have had "issues" but the vast majority of LOC Global Members have not & ,I beleive all of us who sufferred pre-Xmas delivery issues,did belatedly receive perfect cars that had been double-checked etc. @ the Importers.

I am confident Jamboo's only grumble will be confined to mpg & even that will progressively improve!

Cheer-up everybody ,we own the best cars in the world & all the Customer Surveys confirm this.

Tel :driving:

I have Lexus cars because they are simply the best & in my experience the Aftersales Service has always been beyond expectation.Clearly some unfortunate people have had "issues" but the vast majority of LOC Global Members have not & ,I beleive all of us who sufferred pre-Xmas delivery issues,did belatedly receive perfect cars that had been double-checked etc. @ the Importers.

I am confident Jamboo's only grumble will be confined to mpg & even that will progressively improve!

Cheer-up everybody ,we own the best cars in the world & all the Customer Surveys confirm this.

Tel :driving:

Cheers mate -

Hopefully I won't have to whinge on and on about that... :)

Less than 19 hours to go

19 hrs, 4 mins and 36 seconds when this was type...

Hi Jamboo.....not long now m8 :)

In response to earlier reply, my car ( now due sometime May / June ) will be paid for with my own hard earned money, representing a large slice of my pension cash payment recently received after 30 years hard graft ( in a customer service driven company incidentally).

I actually DO think it makes a difference - in so far as I and presumably most people paying with their own money will be far more likely to criticise and complain about sub-standard goods /construction.

My last 20 years of business life had me driving circa 50k miles per year, in mainly the german jobbies

(which I actually thought were superb cars). Although the excitement of collecting my new company cars every year or so was nice.... I did have a rather blase attitude to any problems - I just drove it to a dealer and never felt the pain of the bill afterwards :excl:

Rattles in cars drive me bl***y mad ! I currently drive a jap car (Mazda Xedos9 - jap import version) and despite it being almost 12 years old with over 100k on the clock - it does not rattle.

If my new "dream car" starts rattling or otherwise performing less than it should - I will be adding my reactions to those of others down at the dealer / and at LGB.

£31K+ is a lot of money - I am already suffering slight wobbles about the amount I have spent on a tin can on wheels.......It sure had better be superb or I will be listening to acidic comments from the "rational other half" for the rest of my life :o

Jamboo / Nicnac,

I collect my new IS250 from the dealer this afternoon. After I took a good look around inside and out, he told me the inspection guys had taken it for a very good spin (30km!) to look for the rattles I had previously told him were being reported by numerous people. He said they found none. I didn't have time at that stage to take it for a drive myself before taking delivery.

On my long drive home (motorway, and bumper-to-bumper stop/start), I didn't hear one rattle or any wind noise. In fact, the car is extremely quiet. It is significantly quieter than my previous IS200. It is a different car entirely.

At one stage, I thought I did hear a very minor rattle, until I figured out it was a stratch on the classical music track they were playing on the radio!

So, all is not lost! Let's hope no rattles develop, as has also been reported here.

Delighted to hear this Ro1.

Enjoy to the full and keep us informed of all the good things about the motor.

perhaps these later cars are now modified to eleviate the problems ....i hope so.....anyway good luck and dont stay up all night admiring your new baby!! :D put it to bed with a bottle!! :)

Thanks Nic, I'll keep you posted on my first thoughts!

You wouldn't believe how worried I was when I got up this morning and saw snow falling! Snow! On the day before St Patrick's Day! I did not want to be driving the new car home in that weather. Fortunately, the snow didn't stick!

I was, however, stuck in pre-bank holiday traffic (N7/M50/N4) and for the first time in my life, I couldn't give a hoot!

I think all of us owners are more than happy with the product we have bought and as many are not in their first Lexus expect a certain quality or we wouldn't have bought our new IS.

We are have paid a sh*t load of money, whether it is our company's or our own money, it doesn't matter. We wouldn't expect a rattle or noise in any new car, let alone a Lexus. I am quite sure that anybody who is driving an IS as a company car wouldn't like to be going to his/her boss and explaining why the car is off the road again, or they are being distracted while driving due to noise/rattles.

As Noel said, the car was put on show last February/March, so one would assume that there should have been a lot of testing between then (even before) and when they were finally put into mass producted for us public.

My previous IS200 didn't have any noises/rattles in it's 4 years and 50,000 miles.

I believe that we should tone down the discussions over the right and wrong about reporting the problems and focus on letting people know that we are having the issues and keep the pressure on Lexus to fix our issues and hence further benefit future owners with having problem free cars, and help current owners to resolve their problems.

I myself, own my car, through leasing, and will want to make sure that after 4 years, I don't have any noise problems to maybe pass onto however (or keep myself).

I am sadly disappointed once again that a noise has come back (around the driver's pillar) and have to return the car to have it looked at, and also still have concerns over the lack of smoothness in the gearbox(manual), so have raised issues with dealership and Lexus.

Let's keep the chatting going, but lets stick to the noises/rattles and how they are being resolved or lack of resolve.

Jamboo. Did you get your car? How is the feeling???

P.S. Did you know that the car actually only costs Lexus/Toyota about 1/3 of what you pay, to build. Yes there may have been a lot of R&D costs and tool setup costs, but I am sure they are recooping a hell of a lot more.

P.S. Did you know that the car actually only costs Lexus/Toyota about 1/3 of what you pay, to build. Yes there may have been a lot of R&D costs and tool setup costs, but I am sure they are recooping a hell of a lot more.

I think I heard somewhere that GM don't make anything at all selling cars - all their profits come from finance when people buy the cars. In effect, the cars are a loss-leader to get people to sign up to a credit agreement.

I don't know if the same is true of Toyota/Lexus, but it does indicate that the profit margins are not as astronomical as you might expect.

Ian

@rap03

I started this thread to highlight the lack of feedback from corporate Lexus so please dont try and change the reason for the post topic.If you want to just highlight the individual cases start another thread :tomato:

The other thing to note is that it costs little more to build a large car than a small car, labour wise.

The price differences mean that there must be a much larger profit in a £19k Mondeo than a £9k Fiesta ?

By the tone of his email he seems to be a genuine guy.as long as we know that these niggles are being passed back to production engineering I will be happy.

Guys,

I have to say:

my new car feels far better than the test drive, and that is no joke. The engine is very refined - far more than I recall the test drive. However, I have not driven mine as hard ;)

It's far quiter inside too. I could definately hear more wind noise in the one tested, and more vibration through the stick and the pedals.

Mine is not like that at all; infact it is genuine easy to forget that's a diesel. All my friends and relatives who have sat in it for a ride so far are absolutely chuffed, and have put Lexus onto their shopping list (aplogies to those who want to keep it exclusive...)...

Guys,

I have to say:

my new car feels far better than the test drive, and that is no joke. The engine is very refined - far more than I recall the test drive. However, I have not driven mine as hard ;)

It's far quiter inside too. I could definately hear more wind noise in the one tested, and more vibration through the stick and the pedals.

Mine is not like that at all; infact it is genuine easy to forget that's a diesel. All my friends and relatives who have sat in it for a ride so far are absolutely chuffed, and have put Lexus onto their shopping list (aplogies to those who want to keep it exclusive...)...

Glad to hear your chuffed with the car :)

I also don't get any wind noise, perhaps it's a feature of the IS250 :D I get a very small amount of vibration when pushing it into higher revs and that bl :tsktsk: dy annoying dash rattle :angry: which comes and goes.

I'm loving the turbo now :D :D , acceleration through 2nd and 3rd is as fast now as it was when I booted it in my IS300. I also suspect there is more to come as the engine loosens.

You're right Jamboo, once inside you wouldn't know it was a diesel, my mates are well impressed.

Hi Nic.

Sorry. Didn't mean it to be that way and yes, you are correct that we need the feedback from Lexus, etc. Just seemed like people had been getting off track from your original intentions.

Jamboo. Good to see you finally got your car and happy with it. We don't get the diesel here in Oz, but sounds impressive.

[

(well, I am a consultant...I can only tell you what you SHOULD already know...)

Subject: Consultants

A farmer was herding his sheep flock in a remote pasture in the Cotswolds when suddenly a BMW 3-series advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.

The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leans out the window and asks the shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one of them?"

The farmer looks at the man, then looks at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?"

The young man parks his BMW, whips out his notebook computer, connects it to his Nokia mobile phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

He then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email through his Xircom, and after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-colour, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer. He glances at the last page, turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1586 sheep."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my sheep." says the farmer.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused

as the young man stuffs it into the boot of his BMW.

Then the farmer says to the young man, "Here, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my sheep?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a consultant." says the farmer.

"Wow! That's correct," says the young man, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the farmer. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew; to a question I never asked; and you don't know crap about my business. Now give me back my dog."

[

(well, I am a consultant...I can only tell you what you SHOULD already know...)

Subject: Consultants

A farmer was herding his sheep flock in a remote pasture in the Cotswolds when suddenly a BMW 3-series advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.

The driver, a young man in a Broni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL tie, leans out the window and asks the shepherd, "If I tell you exactly how many sheep you have in your flock, will you give me one of them?"

The farmer looks at the man, then looks at his peacefully grazing flock and calmly answers, "Sure. Why not?"

The young man parks his BMW, whips out his notebook computer, connects it to his Nokia mobile phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

He then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with hundreds of complex formulas. He uploads all of this data via an email through his Xircom, and after a few minutes, receives a response. Finally, he prints out a full-colour, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer. He glances at the last page, turns to the shepherd and says, "You have exactly 1586 sheep."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my sheep." says the farmer.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused

as the young man stuffs it into the boot of his BMW.

Then the farmer says to the young man, "Here, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my sheep?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"

"You're a consultant." says the farmer.

"Wow! That's correct," says the young man, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the farmer. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew; to a question I never asked; and you don't know crap about my business. Now give me back my dog."

Nice one mate! I'd never make that mistake for 3 reasons:

I know that dogs bark,

and don't eat grass,

AND I have a Lexus....so I am cleverer than the BMW yuppie...(but then you knew that too)

Lexus salesman on the other hand...well, back to topic, where are they?

I reckon they've been told to stop posting...

Lexus salesman on the other hand...well, back to topic, where are they?

I reckon they've been told to stop posting...

Re. Consultants, it's said it takes one to know one, but you knew that too.

Where's Mole? He was so vocal before we all got our cars.

Re consultants: It is said that they tell you things you already know in ways you can't understand.

Back on topic.. could it be that the sales people are so busy trying to sort out rattles that they can't spare the time to post. I think not.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links