Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner - No Manual !

Hi,

I have just bought an imported LS400 and I have no manual.

I will be trying to buy one ASAP but until then could anyone please help with one or two basic questions.

1. The suspension doesn't alter height via the switch. Is the air valve under the bonnet anything to do with this? Should I pressurise this, if so how much.

2. What are the switches by the shifter. I can guess the sport mode is for the gearbox, but the other two - TEMS and Power? What is the red button for (it has japanese writing on it)

3. I tried to set the cruise control but it wasn't taking the setting,. Is there a sequence I have to follow?

4. The Power seats work fine but the memory buttons do nothing. Is this a common fault or is there something I need to do to set it correctly?

5. There appear to be two reseviour containers showing a windscreen wiper symbol, one on the inner wing and another lower down in front of the radiator? Why two

Sorry to have to ask so many questions but until I get the manual I am stuck.

Thanks

Steve Birchall :D

cruise control will only work below 70 mph on imports... or if they have not been converted.

You should press the end button in (cruise light will appear on dash) the pull down to set.

The two buttons next to shifter alter the drop down settings on the tranny.

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply, it hasn't been converted yet (I don't know who can convert it) so that explains why the cruise control would only set at 100 KPH and no more.

Any ideas about the air valve under the bonnet?

Cheers

Steve Birchall

I dont have air suspension as mines an ES300.. but shares alot of the features of the LS.. especially inside.

I do remember seeing a guy once at a meet adjust his suspension in his glove box... some sort of switch in there... take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

The height control only changes the height of the car a little -- about an inch or so. It is so small you probably can't tell the difference without measuring it. I was able to see mine work by turning on the headlights and flipping the switch while watching the lights against the garage wall. Also, it takes about a minute for the air pump to raise the height after it is activated, so give it time to work.

Lexus will send you a replacement manual for free. Give them a call or send them an email and ask them to send you one. I got another one for my car because I like to carry one with me as well as having one in the house for study. The car is far too complex to figure out without reading the books.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I have tried everything but the height is not moving even an inch.

I will try lexus for a manual as you suggest and see what happens.

Cheers

Steve Birchall

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have just bought an imported LS400 and I have no manual.

I will be trying to buy one ASAP but until then could anyone please help with one or two basic questions.

1. The suspension doesn't alter height via the switch. Is the air valve under the bonnet anything to do with this? Should I pressurise this, if so how much.

2. What are the switches by the shifter. I can guess the sport mode is for the gearbox, but the other two - TEMS and Power? What is the red button for (it has japanese writing on it)

3. I tried to set the cruise control but it wasn't taking the setting,. Is there a sequence I have to follow?

4. The Power seats work fine but the memory buttons do nothing. Is this a common fault or is there something I need to do to set it correctly?

5. There appear to be two reseviour containers showing a windscreen wiper symbol, one on the inner wing and another lower down in front of the radiator? Why two

Sorry to have to ask so many questions but until I get the manual I am stuck.

Thanks

Steve Birchall :D

Hi Steve Birchall :D

Unfortunately, I cannot reply about Q1. I will check.

>>

I think that might be "Shifter Unlock Switch"

Normally, shifter doesn't work after engine had killed.

However, shifter would be moved with pushing the red button.

>>

You may check the 'Speed range'

The Japanese domestic model (Celcior) can be set up in the range

of 105km/h from 40km/h.

>>

Did you try to set the position in to memory during shifter in the "P"

And, did you press the button of 'Set' and '1 (or 2 or 3)' at the same

time?

>>

1 (in the engineroom) is filled normal fluid for washing screen.

Another one (under the radiator) should be filled thicker fluid for

wiping stronger stain or oil out.

Are those good answer for you?

Good drive!