Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder Just how Much you have spent so far or would you not like to contemplate that.

Was it cheaper than a second hand 911 turbo ???

From the very start :question:

I could have had my R34 GTR :blush: (Second Hand one of course)

My Goodness.

It must be worth it to you but humm im not sure i would go thru all that.

got enough hassle with a new 250 sport to keep me going....LOL

My Goodness.

It must be worth it to you but humm im not sure i would go thru all that.

got enough hassle with a new 250 sport to keep me going....LOL

But i would like to add congratulations on a fine project and i hope it all goes well. and your happy with the end result.

Well done Mate..

I've also got the LED dash conversion to do from Paul (Fargo) that I've had for ages.

I can't remember whether they're green or blue though :duh:

And change my scabby gold badges back to chrome

Edited by ad77

Looking good mate. I know i would want the R34 Vspec if i had the choice. Do you think it will be anywhere near the same performance? :blush:

NO..Not a chance :crybaby:

But hey with the R34 comes even bigger spending for more performance ;)

True. At least you can say you own a turbo'd IS200. I think if you set a point at what you would be happy at in terms of performance and stick by it then you cant go wrong.

I was happy and aimed for no more than 340-350bhp stage2, on my last car.

I am happy at 220ish on the lexus. a man content lol!

And change my scabby gold badges back to chrome

Seems with the Gold badges you have to change them every 6 - 8 months otherwise they end up looking :tsktsk: again. Just bought another set from a fellow LOC member. Hope to have better luck with them then the eBay ones.

Oh WOW!

220RWHP and 220 foot-pound.... this is NOT BAD!! :blush:

H*ll those are about 240-250BHP right?? :o

Congrats Bud!!! :winky:

You're looking out for more HP?? :shifty:

Oh WOW!

220RWHP and 220 foot-pound.... this is NOT BAD!! :blush:

H*ll those are about 240-250BHP right?? :o

Congrats Bud!!! :winky:

You're looking out for more HP?? :shifty:

Yeah the way that Thor calculated the dyno pack works out to around an extra 40hp from hubs to flywheel. The only way to have a proper comparison from what I was running before would be to have another power run on the Dyno Pack at Thor where my original was done.

I think the graph is actually 215

Oh yeah I'm sure there will be more hp to come :winky:

Edited by ad77

main thing is mate are you happy can you feel the difference is the camcon making a diff at the lower range

Don't know mate. Picking the car up tomorrow. I'll let you know what its like.

Just got home from picking my car up. :D

Unfortunately I've not had the chance to have a proper play yet but initial thoughts are that I'm very happy with the performance. The difference can definately be felt in the acceleration with responsiveness in the accelerator to how quickly the turbo spins up to .7 bar and holds the boost well on the road. In 6th gear the car also accelerates quickly and also very quickly reaches .7 bar with the car still pulling and pulling.

I should have a better review tomorrow after I've took it around Bruntingthorpe track and done a few 1/4 miles.

I'd also like to say a big thanks to Mark , Phil and the guys at TDI.. Top blokes and a great job well done :D :driving:

Now had a proper play in the car and I can say it is a lot faster. You really get thrown back in your seat when you wack your foot down in the lower gears. Loads more torque. The sound is also lovely when at full throttle and then lifting off.

1/4 miles yesterday was a let down as I couldn't get any proper traction when pulling off. Also I hit the rev limiter very quickly, well too quickly in first gear that I didn't have a chance to go anywhere. (Roll on the Pod).

The car on the track was awesome. Once I had got my bottle up it really shifted around the track. Keeping up with most cars and overtaking some :winky: The flames shooting out the exhaust was also pretty cool :lol:

So all in all very happy with how the car is now performing. Next :: is to up the boost to 1 - 1.5 bar boost and also up the rev limiter :winky: (maybe a cheeky shot of nos also)

Also Thanks to Mat for his help today :D

Goodies in the glove box

Seating

Comfort

The seats are extremely comfortable and really hold you in when flying around corners. An added bonus is that because they are lower than standard, they are just right for resting your arms on the centre and side arm rests when driving. Like being in an arm chair :lol:

must admit mate that is were my race logic does come into its own with higher power glad your happy with the motor mate

Yeah. I'm thinking of getting it at some point. Not sure whether to get an LSD first though.

Looks great mate. Are you pleased with the work Tdi has done?

Certainly am :D

We are are proud and grateful that you have entrusted the work to us, and delighted that you are happy with it so far.

Apart from the other improvements we discussed, it would be worth while letting us map the ecu with 100 octane fuel so that you have a "race day" map that you can select via a swich on the FCON, as we mapped it for 97 octane which is all we can get locally. This will make a big difference too :)

Just read the whole thread!

Looks awesome!

And some very professional installation work going on there B)

Congrats mate, thats a damn nice set-up you've got running now!

Thanks mate.

Will hopefully be fitting racelogic traction control with the launch control soon. :D