Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Busted (with Pics)

Niraj

Thats just silly....... makes sense during rush hour to keep traffic moving but after hours it shouldn't matter.... Someone has to pay for the cameras i suppose

Haven't got that strict over here yet ... thank goodness

One question.... did you have your right indicator on?.... as why was he zoomed in on you?

Oh dear..... 'still look on the bright side'....... :blink: ...... ummm actually there isn't one?

there's always a bright side doc, not always evident at the time but... niraj could have been done for an illegal plate as well.

£50, that was an expensive turn! unlucky mate.

the only reason i posted this, was because i knew i got lucky.

and as a warning to other road users, beware of crafty town centre camera's.

what annoyed me, was 18 months ago... that road was did not open onto a "Left Turn Only". It's a "new" change to the road layout, and i've been extremely used to turning right there, many times in the past.

Live and learn i guess.

My first ticket, in 6 years of driving.

Noel: i didn't have my indicator on, but that's because i knew i was about to be doing something wrong... i hold my hands up to that.

Mr Singh: sunroof was not open. But the moonroof was :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a different note... does anyone care to share their "BUSTED (with pics)" moments with us? :unsure:

i had a busted moment last month, £60 fine and 3 points for doing 40 in a 30, i really thought it was a 40. my first offence in 11 years of motoring. no pics though.

Surely you could have got away with that by pleading that you used that road a lot and didn't realise it had changed.....well, maybe before posting up on here anyway :P

Even spookier is that, if you follow the pic sequence, the camera does a long shot BEFORE you do anything, then close up on plate. Both before its obvious that you're going to do ANYTHING....

Then does long shot AND turns to follow you.

This would indicate that EACH car that arrives has several shots taken and the paranoia that arrived with number plate recognition capacity meaning that your movements could be chased/traced through this methods seems to be justified.

Police state closer each day.

And who ARE the people that NEED to check on our movements?

Mr Bin L***n seems to have suceeded in reducing our famed Free society with just the threat of terror?

Even spookier is that, if you follow the pic sequence, the camera does a long shot BEFORE you do anything, then close up on plate. Both before its obvious that you're going to do ANYTHING....

Then does long shot AND turns to follow you.

This would indicate that EACH car that arrives has several shots taken and the paranoia that arrived with number plate recognition capacity meaning that your movements could be chased/traced through this methods seems to be justified.

Police state closer each day.

And who ARE the people that NEED to check on our movements?

Mr Bin L***n seems to have suceeded in reducing our famed Free society with just the threat of terror?

What confuses me is that that looks like it was CCTV that caught you, which means a camera that is being controlled by someone who is just watching the area. Surely they're supposed to be looking for suspicious characters lurking on street corners than cars making minor motoring offences

Its funny how when someone does get attacked, there's never any CCTV evidence........ :angry:

Can I just add ........ that although I agree with your statement Parthiban totally.

There are some cameras, and this may be one of them ...... that are pre-programmed for 3 - 4 motions.

One) showing the first image.

Two) Zooming on plate

Three) Zooming out

Four) Following movement of contravention.

Now, also can I add ... that although this was petty for that time of the evening, as there is obviously not a sould in sight .....

Have you ever thought that there could be a no right hand turn there for a reason ?

Maybe a death occured because of someones illegal right turn ? Hence the installation of a camera?

I'll get back to work now .......... :D

Can I just add ........ that although I agree with your statement Parthiban totally.

There are some cameras, and this may be one of them ...... that are pre-programmed for 3 - 4 motions.

One) showing the first image.

Two) Zooming on plate

Three) Zooming out

Four) Following movement of contravention.

Now, also can I add ... that although this was petty for that time of the evening, as there is obviously not a sould in sight .....

Have you ever thought that there could be a no right hand turn there for a reason ?

Maybe a death occured because of someones illegal right turn ? Hence the installation of a camera?

I'll get back to work now .......... :D

Yep that is a fair point, but as the road doesn't meet at a funny angle or anything (doesn't seem difficult to make a right turn) the only reason I could come up with was that it might be a main road, so ppl blocking it to turn right at peak times might be quite obstructive

If it is an automatic camera, then maybe not as bad as having a manned camera doing quite an unnecessary task, but still I believe even automatic cameras are much better used trying to fight "real" crimes rather than minor traffic offences

But I do understand where you're coming from :whistling:

The nitty gritty details.

The PCN notice defined I was caught contrevening traffic law by Operator 1591!!!! If i find him i'll be sure to let him know my deepest thoughts! :angry:

Steve: The ticket came through roughly 10 working days after the incident.

Since then, i have noticed MANY camera's that work in town centre's. (My driving has considerably improved :whistling: )

The road opens onto a bigger road (i wouldn't say a "major" road, but definately bigger than the one i was on). The road rules from my memory appear to have changed within the last 18 months. I used to turn right at the junction regularly.... not anymore though. :huh:

Pip: pics of motoring offences only please.... :P lol hahaha...

Am i the only accidental law breaker here? :crybaby:

Surely you guys must have some driving law stories with pics... ?

Thing that springs to my mind on this, the kerb actually opens up to the right as you approach the junction inviting drivers to turn right, the markings show the road as one way, e.g. no left turn off the main road

It is left turn only out of the side road so why not spend money on moving the right hand kerb over to force drivers to turn left?

No much better plan is to spend the same amount of money to put in a camera to catch drivers turning right, you can make money that way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links