Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Group Buy - Led "pulse" Brake Light Bulbs

Mr Morse

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have turned the bulbs the other way and still no flashing from the bulbs just standard stop.

There has been light on the dash so does this mean they are wired correct?

However on the way home the back brake light did come on, but when i turned engine off and back off it stayed on?

Should i rewire it again?

i have turned the bulbs the other way and still no flashing from the bulbs just standard stop.

However on the way home the back brake light did come on, but when i turned engine off and back off it stayed on?

Are you able to test the bulbs out of the car - such as connect through a power supply or Battery pack? When connected, you can shake the bulbs and they should give the pulse effect.

Were the LR's connected when the dash light came on?

How have you connected the LR's?

Have you replaced the standard bulbs back - does the problem still exist?

I still think you have a bad connection somewhere.

Are you able to test the bulbs out of the car - such as connect through a power supply or Battery pack? When connected, you can shake the bulbs and they should give the pulse effect.

Were the LR's connected when the dash light came on?

How have you connected the LR's?

Have you replaced the standard bulbs back - does the problem still exist?

I still think you have a bad connection somewhere.

Were the LR's connected when the dash light came on?Yes the LR's where connect one each side

How have you connected the LR's? Connect the LR's as said in the instructions

Have you replaced the standard bulbs back - does the problem still exist? Havnt replaced standard bulbs

Tomorrow will take them all off and start again

update just been outside just had a play

Got the left one working - i flicked it and it had a pulse effect - but couldnt get it too do it again.

Right one - took everything off then started again, however it now says on my dash that there is a back light out and i couldnt get it to do the pulse effect

so i put in the old bulb in on the RIGHT side and the light went off on the dash - so does this mean the LR's not connected right on the RIGHT side?

Mike,

Received the bulbs etc, so many thanks

Connected them this morning. Prior to putting the whole rear light unit back in, I operated the brakes, so I could see the bulbs - both side operated fine, with the full pulsing effect - rather impressive!

However to concur with others, if you have your sidelights on at the same time, the dash warning light will come on as if to indicate a rear bulb is out. It goes out when you depress the brake pedal, but comes on again a short time later. Not the end of the world I suppose, but annoying none the less.

Mike, if i require another L/R, then I will buy another pair from you, I think it is worth the effort.

Gonna accept a paypal payment mate, cause the Nationwide is MILES away.

Thanks again.

Gib

Hi Mike

I have also received my first set of load resistors in the post :)

I have not fitted anything yet as I am waiting to see how this thread works out, but it looks like we need an extra set of load resistors? If so could you supply, at extra cost please.

Also can you supply a new set of LEDs (non blinking) for the side lights as I might as well go the whole hog now as the side lights have load resistors :winky:

regards

2ddesign

so currently i have the light on the dash saying that the rear bulb is out, so is this most likely to be the LR's not fitted correctly?

To check this i took out the Right hand side buld and replaced with normal light and it went off.

Any help much appreciated

so currently i have the light on the dash saying that the rear bulb is out, so is this most likely to be the LR's not fitted correctly?

To check this i took out the Right hand side buld and replaced with normal light and it went off.

Yes, you need another LR each side

More interesting facts:

I have tried the bulbs round the other way and it would appear to make no difference with regards to polarity.

Furthermore, if you dont have the sidelights on, the pulsing stops immediately after the brake pedal is lifted. If the sidelights are on, the pulsing continues for about a second and a half after the brake pedal is lifted -interesting (maybe)

I wonder if this is resolved with the further set of LR?

Anyone?

Yes, you need another LR each side

More interesting facts:

I have tried the bulbs round the other way and it would appear to make no difference with regards to polarity.

Furthermore, if you dont have the sidelights on, the pulsing stops immediately after the brake pedal is lifted. If the sidelights are on, the pulsing continues for about a second and a half after the brake pedal is lifted -interesting (maybe)

I wonder if this is resolved with the further set of LR?

Anyone?

Ok update

i now have the two bulbs working correctly

only problem is i have the warning light o the dash saying a rear bulb is out!

Will i continue to get this light untill the other two LR's are fitted?

or the LR's not fitted correctly - i have checked each one twice and there seems to be contact by two of the wires on each conection

I have the LR's fitted to the Green and white and also black and white on each side

cheers

to update you guys with my situation.......

i have the bulbs fitted with ONE load resistor across the live/brake wire feed on each of the thear light clusters.

i have no warning light on the dash, and the bulbs work fine, as far as i am aware.

:D :D

ok, bit of news, hot off the press :P ........

it turns out that if you have one set of LR's fitted, the warning light may illuminate occasionally, but this only lasts for a minute or two.

earlier on, i turned the ignition on (lights set to auto) and the car lights came on. no warning lights. as soon as i pressed the brakes whilst driving, the warning light came on. i continued dricing for a couple of minutes and the lights switched off and everything worked fine. bit weird really. :yawn:

cheers mike, came first thing this morning.

not tried mine yet, but same goes for me as 2design.

also might fancy the reverse lights like what you have in your mr2.

cud you let me know the prices for it all.

cheers, sam :D

it turns out that if you have one set of LR's fitted, the warning light may illuminate occasionally, but this only lasts for a minute or two.

earlier on, i turned the ignition on (lights set to auto) and the car lights came on. no warning lights. as soon as i pressed the brakes whilst driving, the warning light came on. i continued dricing for a couple of minutes and the lights switched off and everything worked fine. bit weird really. :yawn:

which light you having staying on the one saying your brake light is out or the one saying you rear light is out

which light you having staying on the one saying your brake light is out or the one saying you rear light is out

:unsure: bit confused.......thought the two were one and the same. i.e if brake light is out, the 'rear light out' bulb illuminates???

anyway, i have the rear bulb out warning light on. but like i said, it goes off after a minute of so :yawn:

:unsure: bit confused.......thought the two were one and the same. i.e if brake light is out, the 'rear light out' bulb illuminates???

anyway, i have the rear bulb out warning light on. but like i said, it goes off after a minute of so :yawn:

i havent tried leaving it on as i havnt been out in the night so it may go out so may try this later on

i am just going off this http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...hl=lexus_is_200

i havent tried leaving it on as i havnt been out in the night so it may go out so may try this later on

i am just going off this http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...hl=lexus_is_200

ahh right. yea i had that problem initially, but the LR's sorted that.

take it out for a drive and wait a while to see if the warning light switches off :D don't bother waiting for it to get dark....just switch your lights on and go for a spin....lovely day and all :D :D

to update you guys with my situation.......

i have the bulbs fitted with ONE load resistor across the live/brake wire feed on each of the thear light clusters.

i have no warning light on the dash, and the bulbs work fine, as far as i am aware.

:D :D

Yep, same here. Fitted them today and works fine. Turned on the sidelights only (usually just leave them on auto) and when I depressed the brake pedal the warning light came on a couple of seconds before going off. I'll see how it works with lights on auto, and fit the extra two LR's if the warning light bothers the wife :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links