Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my last post on this thread.

Following on from the Don's analogy with WW1, how did it start? Who really cares now.

The point is that both Dave and Nico are "entrenched" and refuse to give an inch, too much said in public methinks. The only way to resolve the situation is compromise and that means a bit of give on both sides.

Merry Christmas to you both.

ok, ive been having a long ponder over this, ive shown a friend who runs a main dealership and asked them to view the main points in the thread.i linked to him the topic.

so, i have with there help put together what i feel, maybe Dave, and hopefully Nico will see as a bit of liason/go between to try and resolve this issue...as this issue REALLY does need sorting out

Nico and Dave,

It seems to me that the following steps are a simple and as best as i can suggest a fair process for resolution of the issues as far as i see them.

If I understood correctly, the issues seem to be:

• The cost of the work and any outstanding amount to be paid.
  • The quality of the work.
  • The capabilities, legalities and timeframe for reparative work.

Cost Of The Work And Any Outstanding Amount To Be paid.

• An agreement needs to be reached between the both of you over the terms of the deal/contract, whatever was agreed and how that deal/contract changed according to subsequent email and verbal communications. Once this has been agreed there can be only one of two possible outcomes. Either Prolex will have to agree to a refund or a reduction in the amount, or Nico will have to accept the amount and agree to pay any monies that are outstanding (less any compensation and consequential costs that are agreed). If there is any doubt about the justification of any charges, they can be reviewed by up to 3 independent companies for their comments, this is fact in the Motor Trade!! (same as insurance quotes for damage etc etc)

• If it is agreed that Prolex has overcharged, then of course dave must agree to repay or to reduce the amount outstanding, before Nico returns to the UK .
  • If it is agreed that Nico is mistaken, and that he does owe an outstanding amount, he must put the money into a Holding account, like ESCROW for example or into the hands of a mutually trusted 3rd party so that Prolex are assured of payment when they have successfully completed the reparations.
  • If this agreement is reached in private, it is fair that the outcome is announced in public to avoid any potential ambiguity, or tarnish of name or business

The Quality Of The Work.

• It is clear that Nico's car has several faults that need to be rectified and as has been agreed already at no cost to himself....which all agree is fair

• If Nico is Happy that Prolex has the resources and capabilities to undertake an effective and satisfactory repair, then he should return the car to Prolex at no cost to himself. If he is not satisfied, then he has the right to have the faults repaired elsewhere and again at no cost to himself.
  • If Nico returns the car to Prolex for the reparations, and if Nico has agreed that he owes further money to Prolex and has placed this sum in an account such as Escrow or to a trusted 3rd Party, this sum should be released to Prolex upon a satisfactory inspection by an independent expert of Nico's choice, if that is his wish, (it is his right if he wants to use it!)

The Capabilities, Legalities and Timeframe For Reparative Work.

• Prolex must provide proof of an adequate and valid Motor Trade insurance policy, and the drivers licence of anyone that will drive Nico's car, in advance.IF Nico requests it, he has this as a right, he is the Customer!

• Nico reserves the right to see the documentation for any driving offences and convictions by anyone that will drive his car, and he reserves the right to ensure that the insurance company is aware of same because the policy will be invalid if all bad history has not been declared, i have been told this, and make point of it, from what has been muted in posts in the topic(and am not suggsting or biasing any decissions)

• Again going of Nicos comment on the way his car was driven....Prolex should guarantee that Nico's car will not be driven in a "dangerous or reckless manner", nor will it suffer any further unnecessary mileage.....the milage seems to bee an issue that again needs to be considered in any decissions

• Prolex must obviously now guarantee that Nico's car will be repaired to his satisfaction,
  • Prolex must guarantee that Nico's car will be made available within a mutually acceptable time frame. I think that you Dave have previously mentioned requiring 7 days.

im not talking any sides, i am just trying to get this all sorted out.

Yes, i have used comment from all parties involved from there posts, and taken the view to try and be subjective in the way i have put together the above.

Edited by Monster-Mat

as a foot note:

Obviously the REAL story isnt going to come out....so theres no point saying, "i dont know the Full story".

obviously some will disagree with me, but id like to think the majority will see i am really just trying to help.

Only came on the forum for a quick search on brake upgrades for the car im picking up on Saturday (will need new brakes in the near future) and ended up reading through all this :whistling: . Need a rest now,anyway not to stir the pot too much best to leave it at that me thinks!

Only came on the forum for a quick search on brake upgrades for the car im picking up on Saturday (will need new brakes in the near future) and ended up reading through all this :whistling: . Need a rest now,anyway not to stir the pot too much best to leave it at that me thinks!

I think that its new ppl like Big Bear that are going to be put off Prolex by reading this thread hope u 2 can sort it out sooon