Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Am as the car is a LHD its not quite straightforward to fit everything,,,,there is enough "slack" for the ecu cover to be removed without touching any fuel lines. Removing the ECU cover is a rarity anyway (when the job is done properly)

hey what type of disc brakes are there and how musch does it cost

"more than you can afford, pal.... Prolex.."

sorry for qouting F&F, just had to! ;) Will get the price off dave, pm dave (Prolex-UK on here) and ask him! =) Or visit www.prolex-uk.com/store for info.

they look brilliant IMHO..

hey what type of disc brakes are there and how musch does it cost

"more than you can afford, pal.... Prolex.."

sorry for qouting F&F, just had to! ;) Will get the price off dave, pm dave (Prolex-UK on here) and ask him! =) Or visit www.prolex-uk.com/store for info.

they look brilliant IMHO..

yup they look good for sure looking some new rotors not sure what to get yet

Are you having a full de-cat system fitted or one of Dave's high flow cats fitted :question:

Full de-cated system with section supplied for MOT time

Have you found a solution for the CEL? I ask as nobody I know has yet found one and I'd be very interested in a solution :winky:

The CEL is caused due to the fact that at low revs the engine fuels too rich and at high revs, too lean. The solution can be found by correcting the mis-fuelling by remapping.

It is actually caused by having NO CATS on the car. I've had this problem as has Daz since we've had the cats removed. Nothing to do with fueling as it can't be cured by mapping. If it could I'm sure either Prolex or TDI would've cured the problem when mapping.. Which is why I'm very interested if somebody has found a cure as one is certainly needed. :)

Are you having a full de-cat system fitted or one of Dave's high flow cats fitted :question:

Full de-cated system with section supplied for MOT time

Have you found a solution for the CEL? I ask as nobody I know has yet found one and I'd be very interested in a solution :winky:

I've not had the problem...thankfully. What can be done is some electronic wizardry to fool the ecu(coupled with sensible mapping). When your cars finished I'm sure I could send you the right gizmo....however mark @ TDi should be able to help when re mapping your beast as the "fix" is nothing that new. Will be pleased to help if required :tomato:

O2 simulator is a fix

This is getting off topic :blush: ... But there isn't one yet that sorts it permanently. At least none that we know about.. The actuall sensor for the main cat is different to the others and has yet not been able to be fooled.. I've had a couple of O2 sims fitted and they don't yet cure the CEL on the IS 200. Mapping has nothing to do with it.

It is actually caused by having NO CATS on the car. I've had this problem as has Daz since we've had the cats removed. Nothing to do with fueling as it can't be cured by mapping. If it could I'm sure either Prolex or TDI would've cured the problem when mapping.. Which is why I'm very interested if somebody has found a cure as one is certainly needed. :)

Nonsense - when I decatted my MR2 I had the CEL at low revs

Remapped on a Dastek Unichip which put the fuel in the right place at the right time and.......no more CEL

Nonsense - when I decatted my MR2 I had the CEL at low revs

Remapped on a Dastek Unichip which put the fuel in the right place at the right time and.......no more CEL

MR2 is NOT an IS 200 though mate.. Seriously it has nothing to do with mapping. If it was mapping then Prolex or TDI would've sorted it before I had the car back.

MR2 is NOT an IS 200 though mate.. Seriously it has nothing to do with mapping. If it was mapping then Prolex or TDI would've sorted it before I had the car back.

Ermmm....

Are you trying to say that a N/A straight six is less queer than the 4 pot 3S-GTE? How come Noble Motorsport sorted my CEL purely through a chip and remap?

Ermmm....

Are you trying to say that a N/A straight six is less queer than the 4 pot 3S-GTE? How come Noble Motorsport sorted my CEL purely through a chip and remap?

An MR2 does not have the same ECU as a Lexus IS 200. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.. THE LEXUS IS 200 ECU.. :winky: This is what causes the CEL to come on due to having NO CATS.. You cant compare an MR2 to an IS 200 as they are totally different cars and engines

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links