Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Views On Glassplexin - Liquid Glass?

Hi.

My Smokey Granite IS250 lives outside my home without any protection. To make matters worse, I live in front of a park which has many 100 year old (very big!) ficus (fig) trees that drop berries most of the year. The dust generated from this park and the decomposing berries coveres the car night and day! :ohmy: I have been polishing her with Meguires Gold Class wax but this is rather tiresome and the wax does seem to attract dust like a magnet. In my quest for an alternative, I have come across a product called GLARE Infinity which has an active ingredient called Glassplexin - Liquid Glass. Have any LOC members used this or similar sealant type products. It does seem to promise an easier, more durable shine. I have gone back through the old threads, but have not seen it mentioned. Here is the site for further info.

http://www.infinityauto.com.au/paint_protection.htm

Any advice for this new member would be appreciated.

Cheers. :D

I'm not familiar with the product, but surely you'd be a lot better oiff getting a decent 4 season car cover?

Thanks for the thought, but I used one previously on my Black Alfa 156 which resulted in some interesting scratches from the cover blowing about and dust penetrating the cover. :o

I'm not familiar with the product, but surely you'd be a lot better oiff getting a decent 4 season car cover?

Thanks for the thought, but I used one previously on my Black Alfa 156 which resulted in some interesting scratches from the cover blowing about and dust penetrating the cover. :o

I have the Lexus cover tailored to fit the IS250/350/220. It's light but very waterproof yet doesn't 'balloon' in the wind. It also has the option to use a strap under the body but with the elasticated front and rear I've found I don't need it. Also has an attached bag which sits locked in the boot when the cover is on, so the cover cannot be taken away (unless the perp has a knife of course).

I have the Lexus cover tailored to fit the IS250/350/220. It's light but very waterproof yet doesn't 'balloon' in the wind. It also has the option to use a strap under the body but with the elasticated front and rear I've found I don't need it. Also has an attached bag which sits locked in the boot when the cover is on, so the cover cannot be taken away (unless the perp has a knife of course).

Sounds like a good investment Tango. I did not even know Lexus had a tailored cover for the IS250. There is no catologue of accessories available here in Perth yet. I will approach the dealer tomorrow for a price and availablity. The cover you described seems much better than the heavy lead weighted cover supplied with my previous Alfa. thanks for the tip! :D

I would post a piccy but somethings wrong with my upload settings...waiting for the board administrator to pull finger out

• 1 year later...

Although this post is some what after the last I thought I would make it for the benefit of others. As background info I have owned a dark green IS 200 sports luxury (2000), and currently own a silver IS 300 sports luxury (2001) and a charcoal IS 250 luxury (2007). (traded the 200 for the 250). Please note that all comments relate to colors that are available in AU and the one I have owned.

I looked at paint protection when I was thinking about the new car for no other reason than for knowing that the clear coat was so soft and at least one of my car would live on the street. After internet research I decided to but the infinity glassplexin – 1 because the sales guy one the phone was convincing and 2- there seemed to be independent recommendations for the product.

From experience, I would recommend that any owner with a dark paint finish that is older, has swirl marks, and does not have the time or the patience to do the job themselves consider getting any paint protection application done professionally. I found that the pre-cleaners/ filler did not achieve the results I was after and cutting polish was better.

The use of a buffer does make a difference, I would not recommend the orbital sander approach, use the rotary polisher (ozito have one for about $99.00 from Bunnings) and use new woolen pads between each product type and do the last coat by hand.

The results are good, my silver car looks good (although) it is lighter, my green and charcoal car still showed dirt (it did not fall off as I had been promised). The one thing I notice is that the car is easier to clean, and with a quick high pressure wash at the commercial car wash they do come up well.

Does the Glassplexin turn to glass on the paint, I seriously doubt it, In saying that the polish does seem to harden and seems to do something, what I do not know (maybe it is psychological) after applying the product to my green car I noticed that I missed an old bird crap that had etched the paint work and I had to use cutting polish to get rid of the Glassplexin and etching and after reapplying the glassplexin the mark was gone. I also found that by hand the application did not take a couple of hours as I was advised it took closer to 5 hours and a lot of elbow grease. One thing that I did notice is that I applied it to the wheels and break dust does not seem to stick as much.

Over the years I have spent hundreds of $ on different cleaning products and made the decision to try this one as a $200 outlay to protect the finish on the new IS 250 did not seem much when compared to the purchase price of the new car. Each to their own and the decision is up to you, I have now used it on 3 cars and would do it again. My only advice is:

• if your car is new do it yourself as I would not trust any third party to look after a Lexus like a new owner does,

• if the car is a little older (< than 3-4 years old) and is white, mist, gold or silver do it yourself

• If the car is dark – blue, black or charcoal and is new do it yourself, anything over 1-2 years seek professional help unless you have the patience’s and inclination to spend some time and effort yourself.

Please do not hesitate to enquire to look at my vehicles, they are located in the inner suburbs of Melbourne.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links