Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is There 2 Shades To Colour Code 6q7?

i been to Jawel Paint (www.jawel.co.uk) and they said on the phone that there are 2 shades to colour code 6Q7.

Is there really is 2 shades to a colour code for the lexus is200?

Not according to the Lexus touch-up paint tube I am currently looking at...6Q7 Part # 00258006Q721

i been to Jawel Paint (www.jawel.co.uk) and they said on the phone that there are 2 shades to colour code 6Q7.

Not according to the Lexus touch-up paint tube I am currently looking at...6Q7 Part # 00258006Q721

ive just been down Jawel Paint in birmingham and seen the 2 shades myself of colour code 6Q7. The 2 shades look the same but one had a very very slight darker tint to it compared to the other shade.

Please advise.

ive just been down Jawel Paint in birmingham and seen the 2 shades myself of colour code 6Q7. The 2 shades look the same but one had a very very slight darker tint to it compared to the other shade.

Please advise.

The whole point of the unique paint code on the VIN plate is to ensure a match with the original paint colour, so I don't undersatnd how Jawel Paint can introduce two shades. Try another supplier and see if you get the same answer.

Please advise.

The whole point of the unique paint code on the VIN plate is to ensure a match with the original paint colour, so I don't undersatnd how Jawel Paint can introduce two shades. Try another supplier and see if you get the same answer.

i seen on these forums for colour code 6Q7:

- 6Q7 Kensington Green

- 6Q7 Imperica Jade Green Mica

Please advise.

It seems different countries have different colour names but the codes should be the same.....

for instance my car is 8m6... which is called blue spectra mica in the states and Royal sapphire in the UK and called "Blue" In Ireland

More info

It seems different countries have different colour names but the codes should be the same.....

for instance my car is 8m6... which is called blue spectra mica in the states and Royal sapphire in the UK and called "Blue" In Ireland

More info

will 6Q7 in say 1999 be the same colour code and colour in 6Q7 in 2006?

how did the shop come out with 2 swatch sample shades for colur code 6Q7?

More info

will 6Q7 in say 1999 be the same colour code and colour in 6Q7 in 2006?

how did the shop come out with 2 swatch sample shades for colur code 6Q7?

Ask another supplier. 6Q7 is a unique paint code that stays the same for all countries/areas but the description may differ. My Cadoxton Slate 250 in the UK is paint code 1GO, and in the USA it's Smokey Granite Mica, paint code 1GO :huh: .

My IS200 is Kensington Green in the UK paint code 6Q7, and is Imperial Jade Mica in the USA but still paint code 6Q7. I brought back touch up kits from the States last week for both cars purchased by reference to paint code only :shifty:

What are your planning?... touching up stones chips or spraying a kit?

If it's stone chip get it from any lexus dealer..... Spraying a kit get the bodyshop to mix it up.....

When i got my boot spoiler painted they took the 3 digit code from the VIN and it was perfect

What are your planning?... touching up stones chips or spraying a kit?

If it's stone chip get it from any lexus dealer..... Spraying a kit get the bodyshop to mix it up.....

When i got my boot spoiler painted they took the 3 digit code from the VIN and it was perfect

what you mean mix it up?

Well you can't expect a bodyshop to stock every colour paint for every car out there.....

They use a computerised paint mixer of the correct amount of different base coats to make up the exact colour according to the cars code...

• 3 years later...

the 2 shades could be,

the flat colour used in the engine bay, boot , and the second the gloss colour used on the outside of the car

however although some manufacturers use a single paint code, it is sometimes possible that the manufacturer can state that there can be colour variations.

an example of this is Toyota/Lexus 040

depending on year, depends what shade of 040 you will get, that is why it is best to get the paint manufacturer/people mixing it up to actually scan the paint on there car with a little machine which can work out the correct shade

yip correct their is two shades to the 6q7 i have this colour on my is200 sport their is a light shade and a darker shade(more blue in the paint)mine is the darker shade.i had to get my tte bumper,trd side and rear skirts painted.the dealer told me the shades change with the year.

• 3 weeks later...

different paint manafacturer's (ie-jawels,max mayer,du-pont,octral,lesonal) all do differents shades of the same colour to enable us to match the manafacturers original paint,you could have two cars the same colour in the same day and you could use two different shades and the match could be spot on both cars.

When new cars are made, the likes of Toyota will buy in a large batch of paint of a particular code. Now they may re-order that paint a year or two later, and it may even come from a different OEM paint manufacturer. Therefore, paint variations do exist within paint codes. Ideally you should get a swatch of the paint, or have a card sprayed up, then see which shade matches your original paint the most closely. When I had my RX350 in Aleutian grey in the bodyshop for a bumper repair, they had at least 3 shades of the colour against the original paint code.

• 7 months later...

Most colours have several alternatives of the same paint code. But the are very suttle differences between each one. If you are using them for touching up stone chips etc then you will not notice any difference. If you use a brush to put the paint on then it will look slightly darker than if the same paint was sprayed on. Its not just the colour of the paint that makes it a good match but how you apply it. I've seen some cars with 20 or 30 differect alternatives of the same paint code so 2 is quite good.