Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plates

swfcdan

Ive searching the forums for the last 40mins or so im i cant come up with a definate yes or no to my query.

basically is it illegal to have the jap style number plate on the rear of my car ie the sqaure shaped one?. ive just purchased my own number plate, so would like to have the square plate if possible. my mums old rav4 had square plates on both front and rear, but this was an import.

any advice would be welcome.

cheers

Ive searching the forums for the last 40mins or so im i cant come up with a definate yes or no to my query.

basically is it illegal to have the jap style number plate on the rear of my car ie the sqaure shaped one?. ive just purchased my own number plate, so would like to have the square plate if possible. my mums old rav4 had square plates on both front and rear, but this was an import.

any advice would be welcome.

cheers

My Import has the square style plate on the back, with regular rectangle on front - so if this is legal for uk roads ( and it must be as it it has been here for 6 years with no probs at all ) then why shouldn't yours be ok?

I reckon a quick query down at your MOT centre would answer it ??

depends what you mean by jap plates !!

square plates are perfectly legal

as long as they adhere to the size and positioning of letters/numbers

only imports are allowed to have the smaller sized letters/numbers

this type mate, ive selected standard 4x4 plates, im not sure if these will fit?

http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder2.php

not sure if i made myself clear in initail post. basically i want a square rear plate (maybe square on both front and back if poss) but want to keep it as standard as possible so not too much attention is drawn to by the bobbys!

thanks for the help guys, ive ordered my plates, went for the normal front plate and the square shaped rear which is big enough to have the correct sice lettering and spaceing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links