Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tein Coilovers The Feedback Thread

chips229

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Update.

Now ive driven the car for a while in wet and dry road conditions i can say how well balanced it is.

Im very very surprised how good the car is in the wet with plenty of grip compared to before the work was done.Its so much more stable and a pleasure to drive unlike before.

Ive adjusted the EDFC a fair amount over the weeks and found a setup i like.

Im going to keep the 18s on as they very rarely rub.Im also going to keep a eye on the tyres and hope they wear consistently across the tyre.

All in all money well spent :)

Chips..

Hi,

Yep the front strut brace went back on ok,they said they did have to give the inside of it a little shave for the servos to fit in ok.I wasnt looking forward to buying a new one :crybaby:

Were off up to Scotland on holiday in a few weeks time so im looking forward to the Drive :driving:

Chips..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Ive added some more pictures to my earlier post on the first page of this thread :)

Chips..

Did you get your alignment done after you installed coilovers?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply :blush: only just saw your reply :D

Yep because of the changes to the ride height it changes all the wheel alignment and unless its checked you might find uneven tyre wear and strange handling/road holding.

Chips.

• 3 weeks later...

So has any one tryed the Type CS then ?

I would be intrested in what they are like in terms of ride, particually on the A1 and Motorways when you dont realy need solid topmounts and high KG mm springs.

I am not happy with the handling of the GS430 and would like to improve it.

I have been looking at the Toms Braces and links also the TRD Roll bars from the US.

but I also feel that the CS suspenson would be a good compmise, I have used type HA on one of my cars in the Past and they where very good, but not what I want for the lexus, I do have to do many miles where I dont need to be door handling it round.

Nigel