Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

new 0-60 time ( sorted out gear change)

mine are only £6 each

Thats the difference when you goto Lexus I buy my plugs elsewhere then get the garage to fit em.

I always buy my parts then give them to the mechanic and I just pay for his time.

does tightass come to mind? :yes:

Time 0-60 in 5.970 seconds. I am not doing it any more might blow somthing:tumble:

Why must you do this to me?!

Now I have to find ways to make the gap smaller again.. at first 8.21 vs 6.97

then 7.62 v 6.97 was looking good.. now

7.62 v 5.97...looks like pain in the *****...:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

3rd RUN

Date:27/02/02

Time: 1:13am

temp: 16C

length: 126m

note: 2 in the car, me and my gf, plus my puppy. Petrol 1/4 tank. traction off, power mode. Pedal to the metal D gear

Time: 7.46sec

I am now 1.4 sec behind ya Superchargedmorph.

The gap is closing in.. Im thinking if i should up the boost to 7or 8psi next monday when i take my car in to add fuel pump and regulator.

[Edited on 28-2-2002 by TRD328]

If you have the standard lexus ones they are meant to last 120,000 miles.recommended changing after 30k. However HKS super fire are far superior for modified engines, colder rating, stop detonation and may even add bhp.I will use them for 30k which is 6 years driving for me!!!!

hi superchargedmorph,

i was told by DENSO that there r 3 types of iridium plugs:

iridium Power, iridium Racing and iridium Tough (u could actually check them out from www.denso.co.jp - they have english version website there)

The Denso people told me that the one used in Lexus is the TOUGH version which could last 100,000km. In Singapore, Tough version only available through Toyota agent.

For the Power version, one could get from DENSO or HKS (HKS Super Fire Spark Plugs). DENSO said that the optimum performance for Power is 20,000km, but can still be used after that.

Racing version were only sold by HKS ( HKS Super Fire Spark Racing). Lifespan is said to be similar to Power.

How correct r these claims of plugs life? Anyway, how to tell whether the plugs need to be replace?

[Edited on 28-2-2002 by John Lee]

chuck the puppy out :smilegrin: (joking)

Thats some pretty good times...

My gf would rather chuck me out.. not joking.

Im thinking of putting a bov on my car but the turbo mechanics say the bov won't work coz it's an auto. But my friends say it'll work if I just lift of the gas.

What do you guys think? I mean the BOV is there to take away the turbo pressure, but I already have a natural blow off from the airfilter. So is it necessary to add bov?

BOV= blow off valve

a wast gate is mechanicaly operated by a actuator,which in turn is operated by pressure

a bov (dump valve) is a diaphram that "blows off" when possitive pressure is felt on the inlet side to the turbo,this allows the turbo to spin more freely,there fore reducing lag,and protecting the turbo from pressure builkd up which can shatter the turbine....................however

most cars fitted with them do not require them but for only the pstttiiish sound,as the pressure created by the average road car would not be sufficent to create it

then you have recirculating valves,but thats another one.....................:)