Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Bike Riders/owners

Ellz

Got a '99 Kawasaki ZX9R C2, but am thinking about flogging it to buy one of THESE

Do it, that looks ace, you can wear your leathers and lid too.

Looks like you'd need them. :D

There's a Paramotor club just down the road to me, so I often see them "buzzing" around.

Apparently they are safer than bikes... :o :blink:

Made me think about it even more as last week a dozen of us went out for a ride and three of my mates went down big time - two took to hospital, one out now (broken arm, lasserated kidney) and one still in (smashed shoulder, 4 broken ribs, punctured lung etc.) resulting in a Bussa & Gixxer written off and a smashed R1 :crybaby:

I still love biking, but that was a very close one that "nearly" made up my mind about giving it up :shutit:

What do ppl think of colours

Black is always good (never, ever liked the kwak green - horrible and all too common too) but personally I would never buy a bike that did not have black wheels as they are always a bitch to keep clean. It's not like a car wheel where you can easily clean your alloys, you have chains, sprockets, and brakes in the way of cleaning motorbike wheels and its awkward to cover all surfaces, go for black and they are easy to keep looking good :winky:. Maybe i'm just lazy (no, actually I *know* I am lazy :D )

The green ones are the fastest :winky: :lol:

There's a Paramotor club just down the road to me, so I often see them "buzzing" around.

Apparently they are safer than bikes...

If taking to the skies with a 2 stroke motor powered fan and a kite is less dangerous than riding my bike I think i'll take the car tomorrow. :crybaby:

I would never buy a bike that did not have black wheels as they are always a bitch to keep clean

Coloured wheels loook cr*p when dirty yes but my my wheels were originally black but the previous owner powder coated them orange and it makes the wheels easier to clean, I also use Castrol chain wax which minimises mess from the chain.

never, ever liked the kwak green - horrible and all too common too

On the ZX12R though the green is a nice subtle, metallic green not like the mad bright green on usual ninja's

Although as Tony9r says

The green ones are the fastest

P.S. why do my quotes look sh*t? I can never get the names included :tsktsk:

Yeah the green on the zx12r is nicer than the usual green, ive looked at the zx9 but the pegs felt a bit to far forward or is this just me,

Also are the kawakas meant to be slightly harder to look after, e.g. more servicing, changing part etc????? herd hondas are pretty much the best for that?

On the 0-60 front in the "bike" mag the 05 gsxr1000 did it in 3.07 seconds, doesnt say conditions but i think the limit has been found as you say keeping the front down is the bitch LOL

I've had several bikes over the years. Got a '99 Kawasaki ZX9R C2, but am thinking about flogging it to buy one of THESE :P :P :P

Mate of mine has two of these, and I will eventually persuade him to sell me the spare...the trick is getting the wing inflated while which is usually done by 'kiting' it with the motor idling. You then turn and run into wind (well waddle with that weight on your back plus the drag from the 'chute) until you get lift off.

He tells a story of having a pair of low flying Tornado aircraft flying under him whilst paramotoring in Scotland. Doubt very much if they would of seen him visually so just as well he wasn't at the same altitude.

Visions of a bug on the windscreen comes to mind..... :crybaby:

What are the zx9r like?? should be pretty quick but comfort handling etc. also anyone know about the servicing etc what the intervals are like and how much they are ??????????

bad news an 2005 R1 has come up for sale 0.8 miles away from me on autotrader and in MCN ahhhhhhhhhh what to do

What are the zx9r like?? should be pretty quick but comfort handling etc. also anyone know about the servicing etc what the intervals are like and how much they are ??????????

bad news an 2005 R1 has come up for sale 0.8 miles away from me on autotrader and in MCN ahhhhhhhhhh what to do

You must be strong Ellz!

R1's are the work of the Devil. :angry:

(Gorgeous bike's though, especially in black/ silver or the old blue ones)

zx9r

very quick.

i normally get mine serviced when the mot is done i don't do enough miles to do it any more regular but normally about £100 for service and mot.

comfort it's a sport's bike comfort is not a consideration

I need a bit of comfort because my dad goes to france etc so need something that can soak up the miles as well as fly threw the corners :D

I just bought a full power Hayabusa! Well I put the deposit down. My wife said i'm only allowed a Busa if I keep my blade, as she likes it (what a girl). 200mph (ish) here we come!

on a private road.... :D

I'm so excited, and a bit scared. :o

Nice one mate, where'd you get it from??

if you dont mind me asking what did u pay for it too??? mileage colour and obviouly some PICCYS

I'll post up the pic's when I get it, bought it privately from a chap in Lancashire who's getting a new ZX10R.

Black/ Red, 17500 miles and new tyres/ service/ chain and sprocket kit etc at 17000 miles, He's chucked in a few extras as well for £3700