Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loss Of Fm Reception On Radio

Hi all, Driving along the other day, and suddenly lost FM reception on all frequencies, loads of noise on stations , very poor signal, O.K on LW.

Problem still there when engine off, have checked connections of Aerial etc , including taking out radio unit and checking Aerial connection.

Is the Aerial in anyway amplified? Or is the actual head unit that has the problem, anyone else ever had this problem

any help greatly appreciated

few have had this prob before - the head unit stuffed and needs repair - if the car is under 5 years old go to the dealer and get another under the gaurantee. ( 5 years on the radios)

Ouchh, I was hoping for better news.. has anyone managed to successfully fit a different unit, i.e fit a different facia to allow fitting of standard DIN unit etc.. Lexus replacement head seems way too expensive to fit to a 1999 car.

Loads of us have :winky:

You'll need one of these........Facia adapter for starters :)

But as you have an SE it isn't as straight forward as it was for an S model like myself & ad77 ... I suggest you start using the "search" function as there is LOADS of info on the topic before

Good luck

Cheers for that, yes I have been doing some research on my options. I real pain as CD player etc still works fine, But I guess I will have to bite the bullet and change the system to an alternative,

Thanks for the help

You'll need one of these........Facia adapter for starters :)

But as you have an SE it isn't as straight forward as it was for an S model like myself & ad77 ... I suggest you start using the "search" function as there is LOADS of info on the topic before

Good luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links