Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Filter

P38Aaron

Hello.

Anybody know where the oil filter is on an IS200, can't see it from the top of the engine, do you need to go under?

If its under, do you need to take the splash plate off?

Anybody got a pic?

Thanks

Aaron

Hello.

Anybody know where the oil filter is on an IS200, can't see it from the top of the engine, do you need to go under?

If its under, do you need to take the splash plate off?

Anybody got a pic?

Thanks

Aaron

Hi you will have to go under the car to change the oil filter mate, its on the side of the block, left hand side (near side) passenger side, under the inlet manifold :D

If you are doing it yourself it would be better to take off the tray, but you dont really need to, how long are your arms :D

• 2 months later...

Like everyone says, the oil filter on the IS is a pain to get to/off.

I did did my own service recently, even though I took the under tray off I still couldn't undo the old oil filter by hand or with a oil filter tool. In the end I had to smack the old oil filter off with a hammer and screwdriver. Sounds like your current oil filter has been overtightned like mine was.

I ended up taking the brace between the inlet manifold and block off to get at the filter managed then to get a good enough grip to slacken it by hand, right Royal PITA. Also there is no way of catching the oil and it goes everywhere.

Think it mat be possible to get one of THESE on though. Anyone tried one on the IS?

• 4 years later...

I just bought an is200 and found he hadnt fitted a air filter in the box. so flushing engine this weekend and think i will be buying that oil filter tool before i start.