Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost A Lot Of Money... More Than I Thought Possible

Quick Update

Three calls to Lexus CS now who pass it to Cust Relations who deem not to call or contact me in any way whatsoever - this is a bit of a let down as they could at least tell me to go away and shut up - but nothing ??

All I have asked is that they distribute my car to all the dealers to see if anyone wants it - not a lot to ask really? If none want it then I will take the PX price from the BM dealer - beat them up to £26k.

Funny the cars never gone as well as it is now, nice clean whistle on gentle acceleration and a bit of a snarl (subdued) over 4k rpm - no rattles - everything works - lovely

26k is still a bit cheeky. Lexus nottingham and guildford have to pay more than that for these demo ones from lexus GB that are going out at 30k. Plus yours is 6 months newer than the 30k ones (i think i read that earlier)

BMW is taking the mickey as they know an M5 buyer is buying with they're heart and will therefore take a lower PX price.

Have you tried other BMW dealers?

UPDATE.

Third call got the cust relations number directly - a quick call with the problem (of the GS430 being flooded in the market at £29,990) got a response of denial (I was astonished) and then that there was nothing they would / could / wanted to do.

Just to make sure I was not dreaming I called Inchcape who have a list of cars at Lexus compound (so still owned by lexus) ex management / corp demo that they are selling. The cars are not owned by the dealer as yet they are still owned by Lexus.

To sum up - paid £38k in Dec, wanted £28k in July (miles 16k) April 05 car - best offer is £22k from a used car centre - no Lexus dealer contacted (not been that many to be honest) wants it at any price.

A scenario you would not readily associate with lexus - I have always managed to dispose of other cars to a dealer without hassle - moral is dont believe Lexus is any better than any others and in my experience they dont understand market management otherwise why claim they have not done it ???

I am getting the M5 so will drop the GS through Brighouse auction as a last resort.

Why should I have to keep a car for years ? I expect to lose money when changing them and luckily I can indulge my whim when I get bored and dont have to keep them for years however the GS scenario is unusual in that its 8 months not the usual 18 months and as it stands the GS is the highest depreciating most unwanted car I have ever owned without doubt. Plus from a maker / dealer attitude its poor as they just dont want it and have no problem telling me its worth £30k but we cant sell it so we dont want it. I have never had that problem with a BM or a Merc.

Its a good car no problem there its just the cost to purchase and the perceived value differ a large amount - I mean would Lexus under value the cars they sell - I doubt it.

If Lexus want £30k for a >12 month old car that is £47k new then its cynical poor customer consideration and probably the last time I buy Jap as I doubt the established quality manufacturers would do such a thing (so blatantly).

On the 450h / 430 issues I have driven both (450 only 70 miles) and all I can say is a V6 is never going to be a V8 - and it proves it in spades, on electric take off its eery smooth but the V6 is (for a Lexus) far rougher than the V8

That is a *****, i think lexus expect the people who buy their cars will never sell them, after all reliability is so good, i am about to buy a 10 year old lexus vertex tt and i will mod it so it can keep up with an m5 lol, do not think i will ever buy a new car again, good luck with the price

Matt