Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Uprated Injectors

Fever

Well it doesnt have to cost you that much.

Ive got pretty much the same, bar the manifold (just a decatted standard one) and the CAMCON (for now), and an Emanage Ultimate instead of the FCON.

And its cost me not much (about £75-£100) over £2.5K, including mapping/fitting etc. £2.8K if you include the injectors i've not needed to fit yet but have ready.

Stav

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it doesnt have to cost you that much.

Ive got pretty much the same, bar the manifold (just a decatted standard one) and the CAMCON (for now), and an Emanage Ultimate instead of the FCON.

And its cost me not much (about £75-£100) over £2.5K, including mapping/fitting etc. £2.8K if you include the injectors i've not needed to fit yet but have ready.

Stav

Ahh I see the point now thats more reasonable, but if you got the cash and your happy I suppose it doesn't matter as stated. But it's just good to know for the future reference if I want to go down these roads myself, of a rough costing of X amount of BHP.

I think the point here is.......

As long as you're happy with the end result it doesn't matter how much it's cost or who did it :winky:

Yes but if I can get that 2.5k cheaper elsewhere I'd be more happy so was helpful thanks guys lol..Drinks all round :shifty:

As long as you're happy with the end result it doesn't matter how much it's cost or who did it :winky:

yea i hear what you are saying, :D i just want to open the eyes of some on here who are thinking of doing some work on there IS, and that it dont have to cost 5K to get 90 BHP........if you know what im saying.

and like i said befor im on no ones side but my own....:D

yea i hear what you are saying, :D i just want to open the eyes of some on here who are thinking of doing some work on there IS, and that it dont have to cost 5K to get 90 BHP........if you know what im saying.

so what are your breakdown costs then Marcus

and what do you expect to get power wise

?

So Marcus let me get this straight, you want me to put you right on the prices because you don't know how much I paid for each thing...yet you know it all came to around 5.5k.... :unsure: ...sorry you've confused me a bit there mate! Isn't that one of those double negatives?

Anyway, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I stated how much it all cost....rest assured readers of this thread, it was no where near 5.5k...I like spending money, but even I would draw a line at that!

Just to help you a little bit, I spent 1k on the charger and fitted it myself...so that already puts a massive dent in your estimations doesn't really! ;)

Oh and I'm glad to hear you're not on anyone's side, cause neither am I....come to think what sides are you talking about? I wasn't aware there was any! :unsure:

So Marcus let me get this straight, you want me to put you right on the prices because you don't know how much I paid for each thing...yet you know it all came to around 5.5k.... :unsure: ...sorry you've confused me a bit there mate! Isn't that one of those double negatives?

Anyway, I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where I stated how much it all cost....rest assured readers of this thread, it was no where near 5.5k...I like spending money, but even I would draw a line at that!

Just to help you a little bit, I spent 1k on the charger and fitted it myself...so that already puts a massive dent in your estimations doesn't really! ;)

Oh and I'm glad to hear you're not on anyone's side, cause neither am I....come to think what sides are you talking about? I wasn't aware there was any! :unsure:

Like i said put me right on the price,s, and what do you do come out and have a pop at me, if you looked at my post, you will see what i was saying, and as for you telling us how much it all cost i must of missed that post could you point me to it, the prices i put up! are not 100% so please do put them right, but if you dont want to put the prices right thats cool i will look them up, just take me abit of time thats all.....:)

Now now "fever" you sound just like someone els with the last bit of your post, :winky:

so what are your breakdown costs then Marcus

and what do you expect to get power wise

?

Im just saying bazza, i would want abit more for my cash, than just 90 BHP, if you can remember back to when i put the Turbo on my IS and the 1st week i put it on rolling road, can you remember what the BHP was ?? i still have the slip if any one would like to see it, the only down side when i 1st fitted the turbo i did not do the fueling at the same time, + i never got round to geting it maped......

can you also remember how much my setup cost ?

Like i said put me right on the price,s, and what do you do come out and have a pop at me, if you looked at my post, you will see what i was saying, and as for you telling us how much it all cost i must of missed that post could you point me to it, the prices i put up! are not 100% so please do put them right, but if you dont want to put the prices right thats cool i will look them up, just take me abit of time thats all.....:)

Now now "fever" you sound just like someone els with the last bit of your post, :winky:

Mate, I wasn't having a pop at you in the slightest...you just confused me with your posts thats all! In fact your reply above has confused me a bit again...who do I sound like?

You can look up the prices if you like...difference is you don't know what I actually paid for anything...I haven't ever told anyone what I paid. But like I said, and in case you missed it, I didn't spend anywhere near 5.5k for my engine mods!

I've already told you what I paid for the charger, so I'll give you another bit of info to help you with your calculations, I didn't pay anything for the manifold! ;) Back when TDi where developing it I agreed to let them test it on my car in returrn for a free one, which they fitted for free as well :o ...pretty cool eh! ;)

So taking into account the manifold and the charger we are already easily £1500 under your original estimations!

Anyway, I totally agree that you don't need to spend £5500 to get 90bhp from the IS, anyone that does that would be stupid!! It's all about how you approach it really, look out for good deals, be in the right place at the right time, buy parts you want but have them fitted by other people and fit parts yourself even where possible...etc etc.

Mate, I wasn't having a pop at you in the slightest...you just confused me with your posts thats all! In fact your reply above has confused me a bit again...who do I sound like?

You can look up the prices if you like...difference is you don't know what I actually paid for anything...I haven't ever told anyone what I paid. But like I said, and in case you missed it, I didn't spend anywhere near 5.5k for my engine mods!

I've already told you what I paid for the charger, so I'll give you another bit of info to help you with your calculations, I didn't pay anything for the manifold! ;) Back when TDi where developing it I agreed to let them test it on my car in returrn for a free one, which they fitted for free as well :o ...pretty cool eh! ;)

So taking into account the manifold and the charger we are already easily £1500 under your original estimations!

Anyway, I totally agree that you don't need to spend £5500 to get 90bhp from the IS, anyone that does that would be stupid!! It's all about how you approach it really, look out for good deals, be in the right place at the right time, buy parts you want but have them fitted by other people and fit parts yourself even where possible...etc etc.

everyone talks Horse power its Torque you drive!!

Hi there, i thank you for puting me right :blush: i was only going on the price,s what i had seen in the past, but for someone els to go and get them bits you have on your car would cost about 4K to 5K that was the point i was makeing, i just wantted to open some eyes on here that you dont have to do 4 or 5K to get good power out the IS,

Thats right matt its the Torque every one should be trying get more of at the right RPM , as that is what wins at the end of the day, and thats why i went with the V8,

Isn't the torque vs bhp issue a bit of a red herring if you're tuning your car (as opposed to engine swaps and/or looking at a different car entirely) ? Surely if you're tuning your car then you're increasing torque/bhp together, it's not like an increase in bhp won't help your torque and vice-versa ?

This cost vs HP is the reason why I have been reluctant in saying how much my conversion will be I can't be bothered with the "you could have done this or that etc for the money". I have a healthy budget so i will use it.

But coupled together with the new tyres, disks and pads all round (Black Diamond), suspension and WIMing??, I would have thought I will be on the harsh side of 6K, for a 150bhp increase...... which is £42 perHP. If I went witha TTE charger at 2K + 500 fitting?? it would have been (assuming 210HP from 157) £47per HP NOT including all the handling and stopping mods. Yes I could have got a "better" car for the money (M3 springs to mind), but I love my lexus and intend to keep it. I think I was in the right place at the right time and thanks to a member on here, spoke to the right people.

I for one can't wait to see and hear the V8 IS200 marcus is building it should be an animal, I wonder if it will be as fast as mine.... see you at The Pod :crybaby: . Good luck with the electrics M8!! Money interestingly/well spent in my book.

Personally I feel that it's totally up to each person to decide what's value for money and what isn't for their car, i.e. how much they can justify spending based on how much increased enjoyment they get from their motor.

*However* this obviously depends on the customer getting exactly what they were expecting when they handed over their money. No doubt some will think I'm trying to make some sort of point here, but all I'm saying is that *provided* you get what you were initially LED to believe, then if you're happy spending £x for various improvements then good for you.

Personally I feel that it's totally up to each person to decide what's value for money and what isn't for their car, i.e. how much they can justify spending based on how much increased enjoyment they get from their motor.

*However* this obviously depends on the customer getting exactly what they were expecting when they handed over their money. No doubt some will think I'm trying to make some sort of point here, but all I'm saying is that *provided* you get what you were initially led to believe, then if you're happy spending £x for various improvements then good for you.

100% agree with you.

What you want and are quoted for and what you get must be the same or better!!

Keeping a close eye on what is going on to your own car whoever is working on it is essential, at the end of the day it is your car, your choice and your responsibility.

Your point is well made especially with the sorry state of affairs with TDI.

Caveat emptor!!

The best VFM mod I got for my IS was a brunette I'd picked up for a couple of bottles of VK Cherry - fantastic blowy on the motorway between Manchester and Preston :lol: :lol:

That's the biggest problem with the Aristo - the armrest is in the way so it gets a bit awkward :D

Looking forward to seeing the 3S-GTE conversion anyway as it will be quality, hada few gos in Zee's turboed RS200 and that was great fun, plus it sounded ace too as will yours!

everyone talks Horse power its Torque you drive!!

You sound just like Clarkson!

But with us being 2JZ boys we get both anyway :D

Clarkson wouldnt know anying about Torque....other than some of the rubbish he comes out with.

He does know what he's on about really, he just knows that causing controversy pushes his viewing figures up :D

I'd rather do his job than my job anyway - well apart from riding that bike the other week anyway :)

• 2 months later...