Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential Gs300 Sport Purchaser!

Yeah I had a very relaxed stay.....it's just the coming home thats the disappointment. The seats are leather.....it's a shame I find the seats so uncomfortable because I like the car alot but they just cant compare for comfort with a Big Volvo, Saab or even dare I say a Rover 800 for comfort!

I agree with you there!! The leather on the seats in my Mk1 GS is like cardboard and the stitching is continually splitting. I just don't seem to be able to get the leather to soften however often I treat them.

By the way I too have a big Rover (1990 manual 827 Vitesse) and the leather in that is nice and soft and supple.

I suspect Japanese leather is inferior to UK leather.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I had a very relaxed stay.....it's just the coming home thats the disappointment. The seats are leather.....it's a shame I find the seats so uncomfortable because I like the car alot but they just cant compare for comfort with a Big Volvo, Saab or even dare I say a Rover 800 for comfort!

I agree with you there!! The leather on the seats in my Mk1 GS is like cardboard and the stitching is continually splitting. I just don't seem to be able to get the leather to soften however often I treat them.

By the way I too have a big Rover (1990 manual 827 Vitesse) and the leather in that is nice and soft and supple.

i used to have 820Si and agree very comfy but I find seats in my Mk1 300 Sport very good. tour France at least once yearly roughly 2000 miles and drive 800 per day to get there with no problems regarding comfort or fatigue

If it is bad for you in particular you could strip seats out and fit Prelude seats

i used to have 827Si and agree very comfy but I find seats in my Mk1 300 Sport very good. tour France at least once yearly roughly 2000 miles and drive 800 per day to get there with no problems regarding comfort or fatigue

If it is bad for you in particular you could strip seats out and fit Prelude seats

The leather on series 1 LS400 was hand stitched, and even at 170k was soft with no stitching coming loose.

However, I used to condition regularly, it's the oils that help keep the leather supple, and if those oils are not replenished, then...

Get some hide food onto ur seats..see if that makes a difference.

Yes, the seats on series 1 GS and LS were set up for folks of large proportions (i.e. the USA), hence, the discomfort experienced by skinnier Brits who drove those cars.

The leather on series 1 LS400 was hand stitched, and even at 170k was soft with no stitching coming loose.

However, I used to condition regularly, it's the oils that help keep the leather supple, and if those oils are not replenished, then...

Get some hide food onto ur seats..see if that makes a difference.

Yes, the seats on series 1 GS and LS were set up for folks of large proportions (i.e. the USA), hence, the discomfort experienced by skinnier Brits who drove those cars.

Maneesh

Can you recommend a leather rejuvinator cos I have tried everything and my seats are still like cardboard and the stitching is continually splitting.

I am suprised to hear the seats are uncomfortable... i found the seats of the MK1 quite nice.

Keith.. I used autogym leather care. Seems ok stuff.

I have some nad have tried it but on my seats nothing will penetrate the leather as it is literally like cardboard.

I have now sourced a pair of replacement seats which I hope will solve the problem.

Anyone know how much a GS300 mk 1 Grille badge would be from the main dealers and if it comes with the retaining clips. Also does anyone have a part number for these all these items?

Will it come with the retainers that hold it to the grille automatically or are they seperate?

Hi

Last Mk1 grille badge I removed was held in by three self tapping screws and some washers.

There is a difference in the badges between the standard Mk1 grille and the mesh 'sport' grille.