Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Should I Do?

Maz

Need some help guys, Im thinking of selling my Lexus as it spend 364 days a year sitting in the garage doing nothing ( too scared to drive it out too often just in case it get damage, work and lack of times also doesnt help either ), so when i was at Lexus Leeds today to have her serviced and MOT, i had a chance to try out the new IS220d, and i was WOW, in other word i want one, so i had a word with the lovely Lucy there, and i did get a pretty good often for Part EX for a new IS, what i want to know from you guys is, how much would i expect to get if i sell privately? and what the risk? that is one thing that put me off at the moment, and why i would goto a dealer and get much less for my car as its alot safer to me,what is your view guys? my IS is a Y reg(2001), done only 12485 miles, fully serviced by Lexus dealer, and load of extras...hehe, any information will be very grateful guys, thank...

Regards

Maz

Hi maz,

I dont really know of your car,to many posts to read through tonight to get up to speed :blush:

But myself the Enjoyment i get from a car is in the driving of it :driving:

If i had my car parked up for most of the year,to me its dead money and id sell it and do something else with the money ;)

Thats just my option :)

Good Luck with what ever you do Bud.

Chips..

maz if you really want to sell and lexus gave you a good part ex deal then do it

on other hand if you wanna sell privately for bit more cash then try pistonheads.com they are car fans and your car probably go to someone that will look after it a lil better.

if you put it in trader or top marques probably just get load of test pilots wanting a drive

up to you maz

mitch

How much did Lexus offer you for it? If they've just offered you the same as it would have been if you had taken in a totally standard IS, might make more sense to try and sell as many of your add-ons as possible to make a bit more.

I'd have thought trying to sell the car privately as is might take a long time and if you're anything like me (once you've decided you want something, you want it as quick as possible) then I guess you're not going to want to hang around waiting for it to sell. Only plus side is that if you are ordering a new one, the waiting times probably mean you've got plenty of time to get it sold.

Would you plan on doing a similar thing with your new IS as with the old? :whistling:

Good luck either way! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links