Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Impressions After 1000 Mls With New Car

p.s.s. As for the water dripping down, yes, this is very annouying and very poor design, but just have to keep the baby out of the rain. :hehe:

I live in Wales - rain is mandatory.

have just retirned from 1200 miles trip to france / belgium / holland and back - in my Hawke Kit - Car.

It performed faultlessly, and was great fun to drive, as it always is.

Can't say why, but just wasn't particularly excited about getting into the lexus this morning for the shopping run....and I wanted to be :blush:

Can't put my finger on it....but it just lacks "soul" and I remain underwhelmed.

maybe doing a Scottish tour next week, and will take Lexy, so watch this space for a report :winky:

Might see you there....look out for fantastically shiny Mesa red one...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot the point about the A pillar :blink:

Also my rear view mirror vibrates - and I'm a petrol head :blush:

Does anyone else suffer the dripping water problem from the doors? I reckon in their pursuit of low drag, they forgot to check that the fit lines / shapes actually work from a human point of view.

Another thing I thought might influence peoples state of "grumpiness" - who has actually paid lump sum of their own money for this car? I drove company vehicles for many years, a friend of mine has recently "bought" an S type, but as a "company vehicle" via his own business, and many people are leasing etc. This is the first ( and probably the last ) time I have ever bought a brand new car, and a pricy one at that, and I can't help feeling that this makes me more likely to find fault with it.

The colour, although gorgeuos, is a pig to keep clean - one short trip in the rain, and the lower half of the car is filthy.

I was awake a lot last night worrying that I had done another rash thing in my life....I have done a few I am afraid :oops:

Yes I have to open the doors to drain them before I get into the car. This happens because I park on a slight slope. I wonder if rust will be a problem in a couple of years time?

Decided to pass on the scotland jaunt - weather looks C**P. However, have been running about in lexy quite a bit in the last few days, and have just returned from a run around snowdonia today, and have to say that the car / drive is beginning to grow on me :)

Have found that Mrs voice control ( nanny ) responds better to "double map" rather than "dual map" - I am wondering whether anyone knows if she has any learning capability - or is it ( as I suspect ) just word recognition matching words in database? Some commands she just completely cocks up :excl:

Have turned off the " please say command after the beep" message, now I want to know if it is possible to stop her announcing what she is about to do everytime - and JUST DO IT !

Fuel consumption now shows overall average of 29.3, and tank average of 28.6. Nearly all mileage done since last fill up ( yesterday ) has been around our local mountain roads, with NO d/c or m/way.

Finding this colour very difficult to keep really clean, basically it is dirty after every trip - St Lucia pearl fans beware :duh:

Glad to say no rattles, except for VERY slight noise which we have identified as the sliding panel that covers the sun /moon roof - when this is slid right back it can be heard ...but it is really very little, and may even just be new rubber seals squeeking. Pity that the voice command did not extend to "open roof ".

No "fast forward" on the disc player ? holding track change buttons down results in disc change.

Did someone say that there is a way to add your own POIs ? I have figured the "mark" thingy, and then added them as memory points, but that is different to POIs huh ?

So....summary is "getting better". Funnily enough I had a "handover experience feedback questionnaire" yesterday from Lexus GB - so filled it in and sent it off -together with long letter stating the complaints I have so far with both customer service, and the car itself ( missing POIs , dripping doors etc ) so will be interested to see response ( sent to Steve Settle). Will keep you posted :winky:

Have turned off the " please say command after the beep" message

Hey thanks for the tip, didn't realise you could do that! Just been out and turned mine off too!

:D she does get a little annoying after a short while huh ?

I wish they had included alternative voices, I actually use a male voice on my Tom Tom, 'cos we all know woman can't read maps :winky:

Decided to pass on the scotland jaunt - weather looks C**P.

So did we...we're doing the Lakes instead...but that will be a wash out I fear too...

How did you stop the "please say command after beep"?

Hmmm...if I remember correctly it is in menu - setup - page 3 of 3 top line......"message talk back " OFF

( or something like that )

Done the Lakes many times....due again in September with the Hawke owners club

PS - check out the car museum at the end of windermere....quite interesting :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Voice recognition - shut up !!

OK, so I know I can go into Menu - Set-up - Vol, and select off...but that is not how I would like it set up.

According to the manual, it is possible to setup so that voice prompts on a route only happen when you do NOT have the audio system on. Supposedely you set up as follows...

Menu - Setup - page 3/3 "voice guide in all modes" - OFF

However, I tried this today, and it still announced the prompts with audio on or off. radio / Cd it makes no difference. I have also tried various combinations of this setting coupled with the other one - "auto voice guidance" on /off and nothing I do seems to get it to work.Has anyone else setup this way, and if so, how ??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links