Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems with speakers?

what kind of speakers are you guys using? Stock or aftermarket? If stock, do you have

problems with them? I have my IS for almost 1 year now. I ordered it with the 8-speakers

sound system. Few months ago I realised cracky noises in the rear when I turn up the

volume. First I thought it's my number plate...

but it isn't. :( Do you think it's possible to change the speakers under warranty?

[Edited on 4-3-2002 by Leexus]

what kind of speakers are you guys using? Stock or aftermarket? If stock, do you have

problems with them? I have my IS for almost 1 year now. I ordered it with the 8-speakers

sound system. Few months ago I realised cracky noises in the rear when I turn up the

but it isn't. :( Do you think it's possible to change the speakers under warranty?

When you say turn volume up - how loud are we talking? and im assuming by cracky y mean things are vibrating? if the volume is at normal level and the speakers are crackly lots of hiss etc, do a quick check on the connections in the boot, otherwise go back to the dealer, you can get them changed under warranty if they are faulty.

robbie

When you say turn volume up - how loud are we talking? and im assuming by cracky y mean things are vibrating? if the volume is at normal level and the speakers are crackly lots of hiss etc, do a quick check on the connections in the boot, otherwise go back to the dealer, you can get them changed under warranty if they are faulty.

robbie

Well, I like to hear loud music while driving...so when I say turn up the volume I mean turn the

volume button (?or however you call it) to the half or even more...And yes, they start

vibrating. First when I got my car this problem never occur.

i had this problem with a door speaker, after about 6 months i would hear a little rattle every now and then, it was just one of the speaker mounts that had worked loose-

go to the dealer and get them to check it out as its a pig of a job to get to the bolts.

damn! I hope I didn't have blown them like Admin and Richi said...:( upgrade the system would

cost a lot of $$... but if we talking about upgrade the system..do you mean the whole

or just the speakers? I'm quite satisfied with the stock one. Would only replace the stock

speakers...Which ones would fit?

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by Leexus]

i had MB Quarts in my 1st is200 and they was a big improvement,however the wiring for the rears is a little confuseing cos there are 4 wires for the factory speaker,but you only use 2 for the upgrade!!!!!!!........confused........see your hifi installer i was