AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Birchall

Front Shock Absorbers

Hi,

I wanted to replace the front shock absorbers on my Toyota Celsior (Lexus LS400 in Japan). I rang the Lexus dealer and he was quoting me silly prices (from only £25 !!!) He said that he needed the Chassis number, model etc. I gave him that and he rang me back and quoted a figure of £1,200 !!!!) This went from the sublime to the rediculous. The trouble is that I think that the higher price is probably correct as the car does have TEMS (Air suspension). But I didn't think that the car was that different from a normal Lexus.

This prompts two questions, are there replaceable shocks on the car? and if the car is air suspension then surely they are probably either working or completely US?

The car drives well but I did get the impression that the offside shock absorber was weak? Perhaps that is just how they drive???

Anyone any experience of this subject please?

Steve Birchall