Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Se Car Accident

uzziz

just had an accident in my lexus is200se

the women skidded into me and damaged the rear of my car

the bumper is pushed in the lights are pushed out the boot has a dent is pushed up and the boot floor is creased and the front bumper scratched.

there is a minor dent on the arch

its light damage and lexus engineer gave me a approx estimate £3000+ and don,t know if that includes vat and labour. He will be posting me a full estimate next week.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

can any one tell me how much the following parts cost including painting and labour and vat

1 rear bumber and spray

2 arch minor dent repair

3 boot plus spray

4 boot hardback carpet

5 plastic panel

6 whole boot floor panel

7 one alloy scratched

8 front bumper spray only

any one give me a an exact figure??? :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

The women was insured, what exactly happened is

i entered a minor Rd oblivious to the fact that it was really icy on that rd and it was not gritted so i entered the rd

really slowly (2mph) i then breaked the car started to skid even at that speed then i used the 1st gear to slow down and felt really vulnerable i sanw the micra ahead, as it was also having difficulty and was stationary at the end of the rd i was approaching i kept 6 cars or more distance just to be "really safe" i stopped stationary until the micra crossed onto the major rd.

all of a sudden bang :duh: :crybaby::yahoo:

the car pushed my car sliding hitting the micra from a distance. I have sustained physical injuries ie whipplash and my head hurts coz the force of the impact was quite fierce. im lucky that i was not stationary on the junction as the car behind would have pushed me into the major rd causing a bigger accident (dnt want to think about it)

the car has sustained light chasis damage and don't how they will replace the boot floor etc.

Later on today the thirdparty ins company phoned me and said the women admitted liability and will cover all costs of damages.

Thanks everyone

Take my advice and stay clear of minor Rds

I would send pics of my car but my digi cam is in for repairs

but if it is fixed 2morrow i will send pics.

safe driving all ...

just had an accident in my lexus is200se

the women skidded into me and damaged the rear of my car

the bumper is pushed in the lights are pushed out the boot has a dent is pushed up and the boot floor is creased and the front bumper scratched.

there is a minor dent on the arch

its light damage and lexus engineer gave me a approx estimate £3000+ and don,t know if that includes vat and labour. He will be posting me a full estimate next week.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

can any one tell me how much the following parts cost including painting and labour and vat

1 rear bumber and spray

2 arch minor dent repair

3 boot plus spray

4 boot hardback carpet

5 plastic panel

6 whole boot floor panel

7 one alloy scratched

8 front bumper spray only

any one give me a an exact figure??? :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

1. Complete rear bumper assembly £215.00 +vat

2. Boot floor Panel £57.35 +vat

3. Boot lid aasembly £145.00 +vat

4. Boot carpet £140.21 +vat

5. Road wheel £220.00 +vat

6. Rear trim £66.00 +vat

Sorry to hear about your neck, and the damage to the car. Hope you recover soon and the car gets repaired quick.

There's always a nissan micra involved somewhere - sort of chaos thoery thing. :angry:

This morning I threw my car around our company car park to park in my usual remote spot. As it was 3C and raining I was driving fairly rapidly. As I turned a corner in the carpark I found out the hard way that that entire section of the car park was a sheet of black ice. :crybaby: abs, tc and steering into it and I eventually came to rest just short of the fence. :blink:

I've made sure my Lexus has been tucked away in my garage since it started snowing! :D

I go to work by train, so it's not a problem. My wife wasn't too happy about driving her Vauxahll Corsa to work in the snow though! :unsure:

She was going to ask me to walk to where she works (only 1/2 mile from our house) and pick her car up as she wouldn't drive it home! (she's a teacher and has loads of stuff to take to work/bring home - she's not lazy!)

Obviously, she must have wanted ME to crash her car for her!

I must admit that my car hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be in the snow (and Warfield had loads!). I think partly this is due to the fact I've seen all your warnings so have been ultra, ultra careful. I did have a bit of a hairly moment trying to get into our drive though - felt like the car was ice skating!

Anyway, back on track - Uzziz, that's good news that the woman has admitted liability. That should help speed up the car repairs a bit.

Uzziz,

bad news mate - sorry to hear about it :(

don't worry about the cost - it was not your fault, so her insurance will cover the full repair cost.

Ask if Chris Shipley can provide the part numbers, rather than the cost (pretty please Chris?).

You want;

• genuine Lexus Parts (hence the part numbers request)
  • the work done by Lexus (or at least a Lexus approved garage)
  • paint work repaired by Lexus themselves

If the paint work is not repaired using a Lexus paint system, then you will loose whatever is left of the 12 year rust / corrosion warranty (I have an email from Lexus stating this)

Insist on this and do not back down.

If the insurance company start giving grief, get an independent RAC / AA engineer to give you a rep[ort on the vehicle.

Also - do not forget the diminution of value of your vehicle.

Your car is now worth less than it was worth before the crash, as it has been involved in an accident, and had significant repairs done to it.

Any settlement offer received must have had factored this in.

I had a hideous incident with an insurance company, and fought them tooth and nail for three months to get a new vehicle, so if you want any advice at all, fell free to contact me.

Hi mate

want do you think i should do, my car is 1999 and only has 17000 miles on it and now that it has been involved in accident i may not get the right price for it as i was in the process of selling it to my cousin now this has detered him, he now would rather buy a car not involved in accident.

so how can i claim for a new vehicle (identical prestine condition and mileage.

What procedures do i need to go through.

Can the third party insurance pay me for my car (its current market value) as the car is will be accident repaired CAR

will i need to inform the buyer when i sell the car.

Hmmmmm.

Using parkers website I calculated a value for a car in GOOD condition as £13180.

The cost of repairs would come in as less than 25% of that - so I don't think your chances are good of getting a new vehicle, sorry :(

Who are your insurers? What exactly do your policy documents say about claims handling and new vehicle?

You say the car has suffered light chassis damage?

Who said this?

How is this chassis damage being repaired?

You probably need to dramatically increase the cost to repair, in order to qualify for a new vehicle.

possible ways are;

make sure it is Lexus doing the repair. One way to tell is the hourly rate. Lexus charge around £70 per hour for labour. What rate is your engineer calculating the repair cost with?

Try and push for a new body shelll. I'm not sure if your light chassis damage is enough to qualify (maybe more knowledgeable people here can help out). A new body shell is £7k.

Make sure it is Lexus doing allt he repainting (again - see hourly rate)

make sure diminution of value is included in any settlement figure. Get the diminution figure validated.

Question for the people on the forums

Uzziz owns a 1999 IS200 SE. Before his crash, parkers shows the price for his car in fair condition as £13180.

He has been involved in an accident, severe enough to damage the chassis.

It cost over £3000 to repair this damage.

How much is his car worth now?

You need to find out the % of the value of the car the repair must exceed for a new vehicle to be issued . For Tesco / Direct Line this is 65%

This will give you the cost to repair you need to qualify for a new vehicle.

See what your settlement figure from the insurance company is.

Do not forget diminution.

Bring it up with your insurance company.

They will not volunteer this information, they HATE people mentioning this.

Keep us informed on how you are getting on, I'm sure we will be willing to help if we can.

Good luck mate

i would like to add one thing....

If if is a write off (if that is) then you should look at getting the written off car back.. most insurance companies wont tell you this but for a really silly price you can get the car back and have it fixed and sell it on.. you'll make a tidy number.

Obviously you will have a new car first.

Ouch !

Sounds as if your car is really poorly sick.

Normally, Ithink you can buy your car back off the insurance company as salvage, which is about 10% of its value, of course it'll be on vcar so you'll never be able to sell it at full market value.

Did I hear u mention the magical word WHIPLASH.

Where there's blame there's a claim and all that, should be worth a few grand !! :D :D

If you're a member of RAC give legal services a ring and they'll fight your corner.

Then go out and buy yourself a nice sparkly new 200 sport with styling kit and sat nav, and never look back (coz it'll hurt your neck :D :yahoo: )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links