Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!how To Change Is200 Front Fog Light Bulbs?

SSML

:question::question:

Hi everyone:

I need your help.

I bought a set of All weather bulbs for my IS200 front fog lights, but I don't know how to get access to change the bulbs.

Any DIY masters out there please help me.

My baby = 2002 IS200 Australian version( I think v similar to UK model in many aspects)

I have a lexus factory front skirt fitted under front buper, I am not sure whether that needs to be removed for fog light bulb changing or not??

Any help appreciated.

thanks

SSML

well you have two options here-

1. If you look from the front of the bumper next to the foglights, inside the air intake you will see 2 10mm bolts, these bolts retain the fog light assy, but be warned that they can a bit tricky to remove so it might take a bit of "persuasion"

2. peel back the wheel well liner and access the bulb/foglight assy from behind the bumper, the liner is held in with plastic push fit clips, turn the respective wheel to allow you maximum access.

You may remember the saga of my waterfilled fog lights?

Well I had them replaced yesterday under the second hand warranty of the car. (Took them 5 weeks to get the parts - but thats a whole other story)

I had tried to remove them as per the owners manual in any case. THEY ARE A PIG ! :sad:

The conclusion is having observed the procedure is that it aint a simple driveway job on a Sunday morning despite what the owners manual says.

I was allowed to observe the procedure and the only way is a garage ramp, removal of the under engine splash tray and the peeling back of the underwheel arch tray.

In respect of the water problem the garage have fitted a plasric bag heath robinson affair to try and keep any excess water off the back of the units. I'll keep you guys informed to see how successful it is. :D

Looks like this is an obvious design fault as I have seen another auto with misted lights on the forecourt.

The only good thing to come out of it was an unoffical agreement which ended with the service mamager saying "If one goes bring the car in and we'll replace it on the ramp" (FOC?)

I have fitted the units with blue vision bulbs. Mind you for what use they are in fog you might as well drive around with them on all the time. Not that any does of course except when they are allowed to :excl:

(In fog and falling snow lamps fitted below 24" from the ground cannot be displayed)

:shruriken:

:D

Hi everyone:

I have my fog bulb replaced with Phillip All weather bulbs

Thanks for everyone's hint.

It took me quite a long time to do the job.

Bluebeard is right, you have to dettach the underbody splash tray to get access to a screw (next to towing hook/loop) so that u can free the underarch plastic well.

There are a lot of different screws and clips to remove. I had one side done when I was doing front- rear wheel rotation, so I have the car jacked up one side with wheel removed, Once I know which screws to be removed, I only need to turn the wheel on the other side to get access.

IT took me a good 4 hours to complete the job(including wheel rotation, taking pictures as I proceed... figuring around.... resting from sore knee and back...) Well got it done finally!

Thanks guys.

SSML

• 1 year later...

I know I'm over a year late with this reply, but it's my first posting....

I've had my IS200 for a year and it's always had water in the fog lights. After reading all the postings on this problems I kept putting if off until now. Having spent the weekend under the front wheel arch trying to peel back liners and all sorts, I found the easy way to do it...

Undo the two bolts in the vent hole in the bumper, as it says in the handbook. What the handbook doesn't say is there is a lug holding the other side of the fog light to the bumper, so you have to rotate the lamp as you withdraw it. You pull hard on the side where the bolts were, the side of the lamp nearest to the middle of the car comes out and you can pull the whole thing out. Easy when you know how! :D

Now I've got an IS200 with a hole where the fog light should be...

Next problem: How to get the rotten thing apart...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links