Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Questions on new car

I have just received my new IS200 Sport Import and have a few questions.

1. Has anyone had a problem with the indicators staying on after completing a turn?

2. Does the UK dealer 2002 Sport still have the 'sport' lettering in the rear quarter lights?

3. Does everyone think its necessary to run the car in to 1200 miles?

4. Is it possible for the windows/roof to close on locking the car or do you have to do it manually before turning off the car and what does auto mean on the drivers window button?

5. I am getting a squeak from the gator around the gearstick, anyone know a cure for it. I don't know if it will wear off as the car gets older.

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by masharp]

ill only answer the ones i can personally speak for:

no probs with the indicators staying on unless it is a minor turn.

auto means that you only have to touch the button once to get it to go all the way up/down u need to push/pull it all the way up /down for it to do this.

as for the windows you have to close the windows as arming the alarm will not close them automaticly

the gator squeaks often though mine has now stopped, i suppose putting some type of leather cream will stop it??

1. Has anyone had a problem with the indicators staying on after completing a turn?

No problems on mine

2. Does the UK dealer 2002 Sport still have the 'sport' lettering in the rear quarter lights?

Sorry, don't know

3. Does everyone think its necessary to run the car in to 1200 miles?

I wasn't advised to run mine in, and I didn't.

4. Is it possible for the windows/roof to close on locking the car or do you have to do it manually before turning off the car and what does auto mean on the drivers window button?

You can close the windows/sunroof after you remove the keys from the ignition, but not after you've opened the door. I wish it had an auto-close function (even crappy vauxhalls manage that one!)

5. I am getting a squeak from the gator around the gearstick, anyone know a cure for it. I don't know if it will wear off as the car gets older.

Is it the gaiter or the seat belt mount? My gaiter doesn't squeak but the seat belt mount drives me up the wall!