Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Three Wheels On My Wagon

james2210

Hi there.

Just noticed that on my GS300SE MK2, one of the wheels looks slightly different and I wondered which type was "normal".

Three of them look like this...

10718491.Wheel1.jpg

and the other one like this...

10718496.Wheel2.jpg

What's the difference I hear you say? :blink:

Well, the middle bit on the odd one out looks more shiny than the other ones. Do you think at some point, the others have been replaced, or has only one been replaced?

I'm not too worried because the car is being exhanged under the 30-day warranty due to some serious misfiring problems that I've had with it. The one it's hopefully being swapped with has 4 wheels that all look like the first wheel (with the less shiny centre) and I just wondered if anyone knew which, if any, were best. I've read a lot of messages on these boards about alloy's that have been replaced due to brake dust and other problems.

Sorry if this has you all rushing out with a torch to check your that wheels match!

On the subject of wheels...what does everyone else use to clean their wheels? On my old Honda, I used to use "Wonder Wheels" which I found to be great for removing even the most caked on dirt (still doen't remove dried out Weetabix from cereal bowls though!). I was wondering if this might be a bit violent for Lexus' seemingly more delicate wheels. I thought about maybe watering it down, say 30% WW, 65% water 5%harder brushing!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links