Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

went down to sheffield other day to get my spanking new alarm fob for the gs300, as i have only got one key for it nothing else. ,so went down and booked it in for the mechanics to set it up, bod walked over and said nice car, well you would wouldnt ye :), any whoo.

its wrong :(

mine is a 1996 and according to him, they changed alarm systems at about that time (my chassis number gave wrong info, he said it should have had remote but didnt), went from a key fob remote to a remote on key, well a key with a transponder in, and it was going to be expensive to get 2 transponder keys. and a new transponder :(

so can any one tell me where this alledged trnasponder is so i can get some keys cut or his he talking crap and didnt want to do the work?

Steve

back to one key again

I'm in the same boat! spoke to a Lexus Nottingham who said i needed 3 keys and transponder quoted just under £1k :tsktsk: then it would have to fitted on top :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Have found a lock smith in nottingham that can cut a key that will be programmed to my car just won't have button on it,for remote locking, he quoted £45 per key.

Haven't had chance to go yet.

i'll look into it if you like got nothing to lose!!

Hi guys I dont know if this helps but I bought my Lex gs300 Sport mk1 1997 plate this year with just a grey third key and could not even unlock boot or glove box when dash button was depressed, anyway I went to Lexus Birmingham who charged me around £150 for a new master key as I pressed the button lock just to right of footwell while I was messing with car. I also got for around 100 a new transponder, I did not have anything else when I bought the car apart from one transponder and grey key they took details from the chassis number, engine number and registration reprogrammed key and alarm so now I have a new master key and transponder and my spare key and transponder that all work. lexus should be able to do everything for you for just over a couple of hundred.

If you have any more qs just PM me.

i'll look into it if you like got nothing to lose!!

Hi guys I dont know if this helps but I bought my Lex gs300 Sport mk1 1997 plate this year with just a grey third key and could not even unlock boot or glove box when dash button was depressed, anyway I went to Lexus Birmingham who charged me around £150 for a new master key as I pressed the button lock just to right of footwell while I was messing with car. I also got for around 100 a new transponder, I did not have anything else when I bought the car apart from one transponder and grey key they took details from the chassis number, engine number and registration reprogrammed key and alarm so now I have a new master key and transponder and my spare key and transponder that all work. lexus should be able to do everything for you for just over a couple of hundred.

If you have any more qs just PM me.

Cheers Buddy

I'm going to Lexus Nottingham on thursdayI'll ask about that.

Thank you

Regards Craig.