Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Buy Discs

maddywork

hia everyone

Recently when braking hard from about 80mph down to about 40mph there is a lot of steering wheel judder....and u can feel the brake pedal vibrating under ur feet when it's pressed at those speeds and the judder/vibration seems to be from the front of the car...but otherwise it drives smoothly and effortlessly.......braking at low speeds seems perfect i.e. no judder or vibration.

i'm assuming the discs are warped having read some posts relating to the same problems.

having looked at the discs...they are shiny and have smooth surfaces (no rust) so im assuming the calipers arent seized or anything like that....i've already just replaced the pads on the front.

having looked around here i've come across several discs for the is200 ...but i'm having trouble actually finding out where i can buy them and how much they are?

so if anyone can point me to an online store or something where i can check prices and possibly see some piccies of the discs it would help me in hopefully getting rid of the annoying judder/vibrations..

i've seen:

Diamond Blacks, prolex-uk grooved, DBA,EBC

there also seems to be different kinds of discs such as:

drilled, Grooved, drilled and grooved

cheers

maddy

Hello

From my understanding on discs drilled are the best but they can be annoying as the braking gases build up in the drilled holes and can then can cause the disc to crack and fade from the holes.

I have just upgraded to Prolex's grooved a week ago and already i am feeling more confident when braking, there is a more initial bite (probably due to the mintex pads) but the idea of the grooves is to help dicipate the heat and keep the disc cleaner.

My reason for changing over is because my front discs were also warped, did a little thing on here and somebody with a GS kept having his discs warp, then he put grooved on and not had any issues since.

Aaron

I have not used DBA's or even seen but im pretty sure they are quite alot more expensive?

Prolex's seem very good and they do look good also, however i am comparing them to stock and they have been on a week. I had EBC on a previous car and i can confidently say they are better then what they ever was.

cheers guys for the replies.....it looks like it'll be between the prolex grooved and the DBA...

but still im nowhere nearer to checking prices or having a look at pictures of theses discs....

if anyone can give me a link or smoehting so that i can check prices and have a look at pictures of the discs i would appreciate it.

cheers again

maddy.

cheers for that p38aaron....they look spot on.

do u have any piccies of the dba's?

and how much are the prolex grooved discs?....ive had a look on the prolex site and can only find the mintex and the big brakes disks...but cant seem to find the prolex grooved disc on there.

where would i buy the dba disc from?

maddy

@ Fluff...that was about a 3mile drive home and the Passivated-ness was wearing off or something, there all shiney now after a good 300miles on them :)

@ Maddy...I think the DBA's come from TDI (I did a search for grooved and TDI come back with Australian brakes which is probably what DBA stands for) Prolex has nothing on there site at the moment but if you email Dave then im sure he will sort you out

discs off the car link.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=34859

If you have warped discs its best to change pads at the same time cos if the pads are set to the old discs then you could warp the new discs in no time at all.

Aaron

Try here under discs performance.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

you can get front drilled and grooved for £111.88 + vat

and rear drilled and grooved for £142.78 + vat

Have heard that this company are quite good.

There are also pictures of the discs.

You can also get standard discs

Front are £24.95 + vat

They don't do standard rears though ( don't know why)

Hope this helps ....

P.S a set of front and rear black diamond discs with green stuff pads will set you back nearly £700. I have priced them !!!!

Try here under discs performance.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

you can get front drilled and grooved for £111.88 + vat

and rear drilled and grooved for £142.78 + vat

Have heard that this company are quite good.

There are also pictures of the discs.

You can also get standard discs

Front are £24.95 + vat

They don't do standard rears though ( don't know why)

Hope this helps ....

P.S a set of front and rear black diamond discs with green stuff pads will set you back nearly £700. I have priced them !!!!

Can't comment on the fancy discs, but I bought the standard front discs from there and was very pleased with the service... Cheap, fast, and got the correct stuff delivered first time. They don't seem any different to OEM discs except they're about 1/4 of the price!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...