Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

xdeity

i am 30 years old and have 3 years no claims (had a company car before that) coming quickly up to four years no claims and just got some quotes through confused.com. would have thought that it would have been far lower on a standard is200 se nav, but the cheapest quote was over 600. i live in a fairly nice area with a good postcode. wondered what the rest of you pay for insurance and through who.

i am 30 years old and have 3 years no claims (had a company car before that) coming quickly up to four years no claims and just got some quotes through confused.com. would have thought that it would have been far lower on a standard is200 se nav, but the cheapest quote was over 600. i live in a fairly nice area with a good postcode. wondered what the rest of you pay for insurance and through who.

600 does sound a bit much... but I thought Manchester was generally a bit bad for car crime?

Try the A-plan link at the top of this site - they've been sorting people out very well, including me! :)

if you have more than 1 car in the household then look at a multicar policy.

i know that place that has the ad with the Nelson look alike and parrot knocked almost £450 of the cost of insuring both our cars.

PLUS they used her indoors 5 years NCD against the lexus and my measley 1 year against her car to reduce the cost.

try

www.confused.com

I use Direct Line, 39, married, use includes Business Class 1, Legal cover, high risk postcode, unlimited mileage, £150 excess, £480. Covers both me and mrs jamboo and we both have full NCB (protected).

I reckon I could get cheaper, but would have a mileage cap and a higher excess, so I've stuck with the devil I know!

Give Tesco value insurance a look, it doesn't show up on confused.com. They are pretty cheap and they are doing a cashback offer until 7th Nov. It would have been about £860 (not inc £80 cashback) for me, 22 with 0 no claims, on a 99 IS200 SE. Still leeching off my mum's policy though. Saved me a few hundred for now.

31 years old, average postcode, no points/convictions, full licence for 13 years.

£549 for 20k business class 1, 10k private, guaranteed hire car, legal cover, blah blah.

Went with Direct Line - it's the first car I've owned in 10 years, been company car'd from uni up till now, and they allowed me a full no-claims bonus even though the insurance wasn't in my own name previously.

Was quite pleased with that, only thing is they wouldn't let me protect the no-claims bonus until I'd had a year with them (cos of coming from company car, so can't moan too much!)

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links