Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Noise Regulations

Mr Morse

on one of my many stops by the beloved traffic police they said my car was illegal as it did not have a type approved exhaust (Kazama @ the time)

I replied that if that was the case there must be 1000's of illegal cars on the roads and why were companies allowed to sell things that were illegal......he didnt have much to say after that....just gave me another speeding ticket :sick:

I'd agree with Mat though that its largely at the officers discretion

Hopefully Ahmet will be along shortly

there is some rubbish rules but not a lot of police stops have the noise meters and for the mot it is down to the tester you can fail a exhaust if its a lot louder then it was from std. but i would never fail a loud box louder the better

I was stopped in a quiet little village near where I live, officer was asking all sorts of questions about the car and then said it won't pass an emissions test. I produced my MOT cert and a copy of the emissions test from the last mot test. Not much he could really do then, as Matt said he was carrying no testing equipment and said he couldn't be arsed filling in the paperwork to get my car checked.

As I was walking away he had the cheek to say nice car :tsktsk:

I got pulled because my exhaust was to loud.

I told them that it was a new exhaust fitted 2 weeks ago and I produced my MOT which was issued 2 days after having exhaust fitted.

They then decided that my Exhaust was now blowing!!!!

They gave me a ticket to get it checked out within 7 days at MOT station (WAN :tsktsk: ers)

and produce it at police station...... :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I'd say that they (police) cant say a zorst is too loud unless they have equipment to measure it (exception being an unsilenced caar or blowing zorst)

same as with dark windows...they have to have a light meter....and have been on a course :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links