Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Colours

I spotted a Gold IS200 in Wolverhampton yesterday. Looked very nice upagainst my Silver! Didn't know they did Gold! Whatever next?

:smilegrin::smilegrin:

[Edited on 4-3-2002 by Wallace]

Is the new 2002 Blue (I have) the same as old Blue (superchargedmorph has)??? I really don't know! Does anyone know whether they changed the blue color? The color code of my blue is 8N8. Does anyone know the color code of 2000-2001 blue?

I think the new Yellow looks great! (that color was my second choice)

There is a slightly different shade in the blue's,the later being lighter

New blue is 8N8 Strathcaron Blue

Old blue is 8M4 Royal Sapphire

They have also changed the green from

Kensington Green to Glenarvon Pine

I got cut off...I was about to say that yellow is theonly color I haven´t seen in the streets.

Is there a new yellow you say ...?

The old 1999-2001 blue color code is actually not 8M4 its 8M6 (in my spec paper it is anyway).

Which is nicer, the old blue or the new ? I haven't seen the new blue for real yet. Would you describe it as somewhat light blue turquize (azure-blue)...?

I saw a yellow IS300 in Florida recently and it really looked naff. Just looked like a standard production car with no class. Back here in the UK, i saw another two yellow IS 200's being sold at Trade Sales in Slogh. They looked as naff as those in the USA. Lexus - have a re-think!!

Hi Kamlex! Do you live/work in Slough? I work at the Regus building near Trade Sales. I went over and had a close look at the yellow IS200 - I agree - it really is naff!

The best way to ruin an IS is buying the yellow color. Is it supposed to be sporty or what ?!

I can not imagine that many have ordered this color. The resale value must be awful on the yellow.

But I guess you could sell it as i silver metallic to a color blind :-)))

Trust me - it didn't look like that picture - it was much duller - think British Rail van...(sorry SuperChargedL you've probably not seen one of these in Finland! I'll see if I can find a picture.)

[Edited on 5-3-2002 by javadude]

Well i seem to have started a lively discussion! Sorry Supercharged- the light must be different in Finland. The Silver comes into its own when you park it up against a BM or Merc and compare the silvers. We had the choice of a Blue, but they had a dirty one outside the showroom, and she who must be obeyed didnt fancy the idea of every little bit of dirt showing on it:P

Hi Javajude, i live in Hounslow, although i know of trade sales as i looked there before ordering from a UK Lexus dealer. The prices quoted at Trade Sales are for the basic spec. If you want an Auto add £1200, if you want metallic add £300. You then have to add their indemnity charge, road tax, number plates etc. in the end it does not end up being such a good deal. They do have really good deals on some cars but not the Lexus range.

I was also told by Lexus dealer that all IS 200's that come in to the country need to have their alarm system configured to the Thatcham requirements. This can and is only be done by Lexus GB and therefore the imports do not have the same security setup as UK sourced. This was confirmed to me by Lexus Insurance who said they would not even consider insuring an imported Lexus.

All in all, i paid about £1000 more at a Lexus Dealer than at Trade Sales. I think it was worth it, especially as i got the three year warranty and three years RAC cover including Europe!

Hi Javajude, i live in Hounslow, although i know of trade sales as i looked there before ordering from a UK Lexus dealer. The prices quoted at Trade Sales are for the basic spec. If you want an Auto add £1200, if you want metallic add £300. You then have to add their indemnity charge, road tax, number plates etc. in the end it does not end up being such a good deal. They do have really good deals on some cars but not the Lexus range.

Thanks -that makes me feel happier about spending £16,500 on a 2yr old S!

[Edited on 7-3-2002 by javadude]

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links