Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds as if it would do the job. Maybe somebody should try it out. If it works then it saves a hell of a lot of hassle for you SE and Sport guys. :) Plus the constant questions about how to change a headunit.

Why couldnt this have been around a few weeks ago when i was chopping up my wires! I got a loom off fargo that was supposed to do a similar job, but not suitable for a 99 altezza RS 200 this could be the same it may only work on Lexus IS200 SE's so its still a pain in the ***** for us Altezza's owners :crybaby:

I suppose though it does make it slightly easier even if you do change the speakers cause you can just use the standard wiring through the car to the speakers.

Ah but you should be upgrading your speaker cable to competition wire! :P

:offtopic: That stealth box makes my sub sound even bassier! Great buy Stav! Should have the boot finished in time for the car show on saturday!

Ah but you should be upgrading your speaker cable to competition wire! :P

:offtopic: That stealth box makes my sub sound even bassier! Great buy Stav! Should have the boot finished in time for the car show on saturday!

Good man, Gonna have a look at my install on Friday if the weathers not too bad.

Might have to give this a go, just got to wait till friday to get my car back and check the amp number, hope it hasn't gone by then :crybaby:

The guys got an eBay store so i'm he'll be making up some more if that one sells.

I am suprised he's the first guy to do it especially after all the newbie questions on here! (myself included a few months ago)

Might have to give this a go, just got to wait till friday to get my car back and check the amp number, hope it hasn't gone by then :crybaby:

Seems like he has a stock of them.

:offtopic: You would wanna sort out that gamescore Lee! Just curious how you got you gamercard in you sig?

Seems like he has a stock of them.

:offtopic: You would wanna sort out that gamescore Lee! Just curious how you got you gamercard in you sig?

:offtopic: I have only just really started finding the time to play it.

copy this line "http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/*****.png" putting your username where the ***** are

Well just ordered one, so we'll have to wait and see, as soon as it turns up i'll let you all know how we get on. Want to know how it is wired up, doesn't look to be any boxes of tricks in the picture :duh:

To me it just like a wire thats replace the wire that goes into the factory HU so you dont chop it up when adding a new HU. Im sure the rear speakers still wont work properly with a new HU. post up some pics when you r done.

what sort of damage could occur to the rears when a new head unit is plugged in with the odd lexus 2/4ohm rears ? still i suppose they could be taken out and replaced with ones that work on normal ohmage for not a lot.

what sort of damage could occur to the rears when a new head unit is plugged in with the odd lexus 2/4ohm rears ? still i suppose they could be taken out and replaced with ones that work on normal ohmage for not a lot.

It could blow them, not sure your better off upgrading speakers when u upgrade HU to get the best sound possible

Well I do have all my ICE sitting in the garage, just haven't found the time to install it.

This should save me a few hours work until I get the time to do it properly. Not really one for playing music loud so won't even be pushing the standard speakers with the new headunit.

Hi

asked the guy selling the wiring harness about the 2 ohm & 4 ohm rear speakers (active system) & asked how it deals with the ditial interface (TX- TX+ how the stock amp interfaces with the stock HU)... this is the first reply... hope this helps gj1:

response from guy:

HI there

Quite a technical question!!. The lexus we based this lead on never had a digital interface or a sat nav pack.The front door speakers have a passive inductor on the tweeter already in the door. We fed the original bass units in the doors with full range which is fine as quite a few of our aftermarket speaker kits we sell work like this. I have a car audio business over here on the east coast which is how I have made this lead. The rear mid and bass unit again we parallelled up on the wiring at the front as the combined impedence is 3 ohms which again is fine for virtually any decent make of car audio. It's when you get to 2ohms that you push your luck. All the lexus we have worked on, I have always sold upgraded speakers so we have never paid that much attention to the factory fitted speakers which like most vehicles are worth about £1 a piece on the assembly line!!. I have front speakers for £750 a pair!!.

This lead just makes it easy to put an aftermarket stereo in which most people are keen on doing as the lead that plugs in the original lexus machine is a low signal lead and an adaptor I am pretty sure is'nt readily avaliable.I am interested to know a bit about this digital interface as you may know more about this vehicle than I do as I only get involved with the audio/video side. Hope this helps with your enquiry.

Pete

So basically they are saying replace the rears but the fronts are fine. what is the standard impedence on aftermarket rear speakers anyway ?

also by the sound of things it probably wont damage the stock rears unless you really up the volume. i'm probably wrong as my electronics knowledge has gone out the window can some one clarify ?.

Fingers crossed for Tuesday, the guy is posting it tomorrow morning so should be here monday :)

Already got the headunit and screen in the car, just need to wire up the power for the PC tomorrow :)

As soon as I find out if it works or not, have sorted out a probable discount if enough people are intersted