Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now I'm Just Annoyed - My Final Thread

So I put quite lot of cloth inside the hole and - the car is quiet as new!

I am happy again. My only question is - how many more kgs of cloth I will have to spend on lexus?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moog - cheers buddy - all of this helps and helps my confidence. Iwas just being flippant and I am sorry matey.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

Jamboo. Merry Christmas to you too fella. No need to apologise by the way!

• 5 weeks later...
Here it is - the lighter grey strip (as it appears in the shot, running across the dash at the base of the screen).

dsc04381wk4.jpg

In reality, it looks absolutely OK, and does not stand out at all. The piccy does not do it any justice. It is actually pretty good and I am just soooooo glad that the technician managed to do it without a full on dash out job, which he and I did not want (at the risk of installing additional rattles...).

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, with hindsight:

1) the car should not have been manufactured like this

2) this and Matus's thread proves that 2 cars (one LHD and one RHD) have a similar dash problem - how many other have?

3) Whilst I am happy it's all fixed, it is, lets face it, a slight bodge up (though it works)

4) I could have been petulent and insisted on a complete new DASH with all the correct trimmings but who at LGB would have listened? I haven't even had an acknowledgement to my email from LGB...lets face it this was the 3 rd visit into the dealer for dash rattles - I was told it was two strikes and then Lexus techinical...still waiting on that one!

5) Some vindication that there was a problem, and the dealer did actually do their bit to fix it

and the biggy final two... :blush:

6) would I ever buy a Lexus again :excl::question:

7) would I ever buy a new car at all, or one that is in it's first 18 months of production?

That final question is already answered...we just bought a pre-reg'd Nissan Note to replace the Honda Jazz.... :o and yes it does rattle a tad! And no it's a Petrol one!

:lol:

PS - Matus - the rattle from behind the vents is likely to be the centre dash speaker - mine sounded like it came from behind the vents at the start, then it got worse...when you pressed the speaker cover down, the rattle stopped. Try it...just press the speaker down a little (obviously get a passenger to do it when you drive/hear it rattling) and see if it fixes it.

The cure is simple - some added insulation/padding around the speaker assembly. It only takes a few minutes.

Sorry to bump this old thread back to the top - but I had my car in for service recently and I got the Lexus bods to look at my dash rattle - I even sent a link to this thread to the rep and pointed out the fix applied to Jamboo's car. I said they should get in touch with the guys in Leicester to get the info.

When I arrived with my car they told me they had spoken to the people there and they were told that the customer had told them what to do! Anyway - they said they'd do the same. I got my car back serviced, vacced and cleaned and also with a bit of what looks like low density grey foam wedged inbetween the screen airvent and the windsceen. They also had removed and padded the speaker grille. I thought OK - lets see...

After driving the car for a while it seems that the speaker padding was unnecessary, and the low d foam is useless, and deforms the vent -making for poor airflow. Also they left greasy hand ( and head!)prints on the windsceen. Waste of bl**dy time!

So - Jamboo - can you let me know the exact type of foam used? It looks like the rubber around car doors in the photo. I want to tell Lexus exactly what to do, or if not, do it myself (my preferred option as I'm beginning to think all auto technicians are numpties!)

An aside- I got a lift back home from the garage, as they didn't have a courtesy car for me. A new Yaris. Same indicator stalks as IS! Quality.

Here it is - the lighter grey strip (as it appears in the shot, running across the dash at the base of the screen).

dsc04381wk4.jpg

In reality, it looks absolutely OK, and does not stand out at all. The piccy does not do it any justice. It is actually pretty good and I am just soooooo glad that the technician managed to do it without a full on dash out job, which he and I did not want (at the risk of installing additional rattles...).

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing, with hindsight:

1) the car should not have been manufactured like this

2) this and Matus's thread proves that 2 cars (one LHD and one RHD) have a similar dash problem - how many other have?

3) Whilst I am happy it's all fixed, it is, lets face it, a slight bodge up (though it works)

4) I could have been petulent and insisted on a complete new DASH with all the correct trimmings but who at LGB would have listened? I haven't even had an acknowledgement to my email from LGB...lets face it this was the 3 rd visit into the dealer for dash rattles - I was told it was two strikes and then Lexus techinical...still waiting on that one!

5) Some vindication that there was a problem, and the dealer did actually do their bit to fix it

and the biggy final two... :blush:

6) would I ever buy a Lexus again :excl::question:

7) would I ever buy a new car at all, or one that is in it's first 18 months of production?

That final question is already answered...we just bought a pre-reg'd Nissan Note to replace the Honda Jazz.... :o and yes it does rattle a tad! And no it's a Petrol one!

PS - Matus - the rattle from behind the vents is likely to be the centre dash speaker - mine sounded like it came from behind the vents at the start, then it got worse...when you pressed the speaker cover down, the rattle stopped. Try it...just press the speaker down a little (obviously get a passenger to do it when you drive/hear it rattling) and see if it fixes it.

The cure is simple - some added insulation/padding around the speaker assembly. It only takes a few minutes.

Sorry to bump this old thread back to the top - but I had my car in for service recently and I got the Lexus bods to look at my dash rattle - I even sent a link to this thread to the rep and pointed out the fix applied to Jamboo's car. I said they should get in touch with the guys in Leicester to get the info.

When I arrived with my car they told me they had spoken to the people there and they were told that the customer had told them what to do! Anyway - they said they'd do the same. I got my car back serviced, vacced and cleaned and also with a bit of what looks like low density grey foam wedged inbetween the screen airvent and the windsceen. They also had removed and padded the speaker grille. I thought OK - lets see...

After driving the car for a while it seems that the speaker padding was unnecessary, and the low d foam is useless, and deforms the vent -making for poor airflow. Also they left greasy hand ( and head!)prints on the windsceen. Waste of bl**dy time!

So - Jamboo - can you let me know the exact type of foam used? It looks like the rubber around car doors in the photo. I want to tell Lexus exactly what to do, or if not, do it myself (my preferred option as I'm beginning to think all auto technicians are numpties!)

An aside- I got a lift back home from the garage, as they didn't have a courtesy car for me. A new Yaris. Same indicator stalks as IS! Quality.

:tsktsk: This stinks......... It's at best a "Bodge-up", get a proper job done on it,make them strip it out properly or take the F**king thing back :crybaby:

Mine is in now getting:

(1) Gearbox rebuild with new gear shafts and bushes.

(2) Handbrake strip down and sorted due to poor grip.

(3) Dash removed to fix rattle - technician very good at spotting the issue.

(4) Centre armrest padding becoming pretty flat.

(5) Slight weeping around the fuel pump.

Got a brand new IS220d courtesy car for the duration and every confidence that Lexus Edinburgh will sort my problems out.

Brian [:)]

(4) Centre armrest padding becoming pretty flat.

Brian [:)]

Mine has that. But I think I just have a fat elbow!

If it's any consolation I have been driving a fully specced Audi Q7 3.0Tdi S-Line Tiptronic with every option as a courtesy car these last 2 days while my Lexus was having a bumper scrape repaired - beautiful car, list price £50,000 - and as I was driving up the road tonight a rattle started from the dash. It's not just Lexus with these problems.

When I arrived with my car they told me they had spoken to the people there and they were told that the customer had told them what to do!

So - Jamboo - can you let me know the exact type of foam used?

Sorry buddy - not I! Basically I always believed that the rattles were coming from behind the face vents in the centre of the dash - above or behind the MM.

On a lengthy test drive, the technician having sat both in the passenger and driver seat (obviously driving...) pointed out to me that the rattles were coming from the base of the windscreen area, largely around the passenger side. I agreed as it seemed to be throwing it's voice...IYKWIM!

It was at that point that I referred the engineer to the thread from matus and the white cloth.

I left the car with them, expecting them to have taken the whole dash apart, identify/fix and refit it. But on collecting the car, the technician had sourced and fitted the density foam. So it was nothing to do with me, other than to tell them about Matus's fix.

Hope this helps. Also, when you say the foam has deformed the vents, what do you mean? The foam is applied no where near any vents...

@ Lexusjohn - like I said in my note, this is a bodge up, but it works (largely). I think the new IS is either rattly or not, and at least I get some peace and quiet after a stressful day at the "shop". I just cannot be arsked anymore to keep complaining.

I would recommend anyone with problems to get Lexus GB involved, show them this thread, and point out that it is unacceptable. My car now is beginning to "crack" over potholes - cracking sounds from the centre console. It is definitley temperature related.

I think I actually finally know now that I wouldn't buy a Lexus ever again. But that is based on my personal experience of both the product and customer experience. In fact I wouldn't spend so much money on a car ever again - if Lexus cannot give us peace of mind then we have no hope!

Not good...not good at all.

PS - just to repeat - it was Lexus Leicester who identified the fix, sourced the foam and fixed it. the only thing I did was refer them to Matus's picture.

Jamboo,

Re-your "Radio Console" rattle:does it stop when you press the console just around the Security Lamp area either side.?

The fix is easy & known!

Tel :driving:

Jamboo,I too have moved away from Lexus, I was going to consider coming back with the new IS-F500, but this is nagging at me already (will this happen in the 500!) I will wait and see what new owners have to say about it after it's run for 6 months. :excl:

Jamboo,

Re-your "Radio Console" rattle:does it stop when you press the console just around the Security Lamp area either side.?

The fix is easy & known!

Tel :driving:

Tel - it actually transpired that there was no radio console rattle at all. It was coming from the top of the dash, base of screen.

Everything else is OK. I just get crackling now over bumps and potholes. I think this has always been there - but the colder the temperature and the quieter the car, the more you hear it...

When I arrived with my car they told me they had spoken to the people there and they were told that the customer had told them what to do!

So - Jamboo - can you let me know the exact type of foam used?

Hope this helps. Also, when you say the foam has deformed the vents, what do you mean? The foam is applied no where near any vents...

I mean the vents that supply air to the windscreen. As the LD foam is applied only to the middle of my dash, it flexes the outer middle edge of the dash in towards the front of the car, squeezing the air vent gap somewhat. I'm going to remove it and get on the phone to Lexus Leicester and find out the correct foam to use. I've a feeling it may be the stuff thats used on closure seals - bonnets/doors etc... I'm sure it'l fix my problem as if I hold the dash in with my hand (while driving) the rattles stop. When stationary if I grab the dash around the instrument binnacle and push and pull I get exacly the same rattle/crack.

My IS200 is 4 years old in March. Been thinking about replacing it with a lovely new IS250 SE-L. However, everytime I read this stuff it scares me to death!! My IS200 SE Auto has only done 18k miles and is a quiet as a mouse. Maybe I should stick with it until it's 5 years old!!!

Like Jamboo I have had my faor share of issues with my IS250. From the windscreen intermittently making a cracking noise over bumps to the air vent on drivers side rattling (and also a vibrating air vent which aparently is an IS characteristic), 3 new drivers seats, the speaker vent noise etc etc etc.... The list goes on.

I bought the car originally from Lexus Poole even though I live in Swindon as they had the right colour and spec I was after. Without even viewing the car I bought it over the phone as I already knew what they were like. already. Went to pick the car up I have to say that Lexus Poole were excellent.

Taking the car back to Swindon I then has the warranty work undertakien by Lexus Swindon which after numerous attempts at failing to fix the problems I got LGB involved. They took the car away for nearly 2 months!!! When I got it back (by this time Lexus had the car more time that I had) it was almost fixed. The biggest difference was it was a LOT quieter. There was still the air vent vibration which the Lexus technical centre said was aparent on ALL IS250's and a recording was taken and sent to the factory.

Another issue that I have with the car is that when the rev's go over 5,000RPM i get a loud hissing from the drivers footwell and what soounds like a light metallic rattle. I was told that this was due to the location of the 'brake' pipes around the footwell and again a recording was taken and sent to the factory. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't heard anything since on whether there is now a fix for these issues? I suppose Lexus never contact you again to tell you that a fix is now available.

All that said, when I tried to reject the car I was told that I had to deal with the garage I bought it from and they would have to have a fair crack at fixing the issues. Therefore i would have to start again from scratch.

The car now is now quiet unless I go over a pothole or something and then the car does creak. However, the noises are no where near as intrusive as they used to be and this is still better than what it was like before so I am grateful that I don't have all of the creaks and bangs that it used to have so i'm of the view that it's better the devil you know etc. So as long as I don't go over any bumps I can have a nice relaxing drive.

I also bought my wife a new Audi A3 2.0T and I have to say that I so much prefer the Lexus. The Audi is intrusively noisy from the engine and wind noise which is also intrusive made me realise just how special the Lexus was. Even with it's faults, it is still a much more relaxing and nicer car to drive.

I was considering changing it soon but what do I go for? I want a quiet car, but I also do not want one that I have to take back to the garage all the time because it breaks down. Mercedes are quiet cars but they tend to visit the garage quite frequetly with problems. I bought myself and my wife a BMW convertible, (3 series and Z4) and both were back within a month of getting them for things going wrong with them. The only car I have ever owned that was 100% reliable and a fantastic car overall was the IS200 which never, ever went wrong.

My ideal car would be a quiet IS250 that didn't creak, with SatNav that I could program on the move, with heated seats that actually get hot instead of warm (as I have a bad back and heated seats are always first on the options list), with a slightly bigger boot, oh, and a new digital clock in the centre console as it looks so outdated. The car would have been so much better if the clock would have matched the drivers display. Oh and I nearly forgot, all of the freebees the US models get..... Sunglasses holder......Auto door locking when driving.....etc. etc.

So in summary, I am happy with the IS knowing that I would get problems with any new car. It is a pleasant relaxing, reliable and comfortable drive. So I am relatively happy with it ATM.

So if I did change, what do I get? Stay with Lexus, nice quiet car but riddled with rattling probelms (good service from Lexus GB and is 'the devil I know') or try a Mercedes as I quite like the CLS and it seems a quiet car?

You've summed up where I am and how I feel. My situation is almost identical to you, but my local dealer has largely corrected the probs and like yours I get the crackles over bumps, though I can sort of live with them...

As far as a replacement is concerned - I dunno...My experience of Audi was a good one, >3 years & 46000 miles:

One waranty call for corroded wheels

One call back for Handbrake cable clip (not clutch as I posyed prev)

2 routine Services (22,000 and 43,000 miles at a cost of £465 total)

The car was always quiet (other than wind noise), economical, no rattles at all and very reliable.

The Lexus totally destroys it though when it comes to moderness, looks, drive and elements of the performance etc...

A tough call...

I really like the IS250 as a car and the main reason I went with it over the BMW 3 is the dash styling.

However I don't think I'll be buying another Lexus.

This will be my first and last. The interior build quality is just mickey mouse.

Some parts creak if you lean your leg against them. Some switches are now slightly loose.

I have been back to the dealers 4 times and can't be bothered any more.

I'm getting more and more rattles/creaks over potholes as the car gets older.

Went for a ride in a freinds 1yr old 3 series the other day and it was a silent as a mouse.

All the loan IS's i've had have also had creak/rattle problems.

This shouldn't be the case on a 30k car.

This whole rattle thing is very strange, I've had two IS250 courtesy cars since the new IS was launched, one was a 55 plate, and the other an 06 plate that I had a few weeks ago, and both have been absolutely silent. No rattles or creaks - just really well put together.

It's a shame that it does appear to be a "luck of the draw" kind of thing, which would mean that if I ever bought one, it would definitely be an ex-demo so I could road test it properly before handing my money over.

I am hoping though that all these problems are just with early cars, and that they've sorted it out now.

Totally agree with the point about the Z4, my brother got one of the first ones back in 2003, and its been nothing but trouble over the last three and a bit years - besides rattles and things falling off, its broken down twice, its had a new gearbox as it kept disengaging, two new headlights because of condensation leading to the Xenon units blowing up (as BMW couldn't replace them for months), and countless other things I can't even remember. To top it all off, the dealers are so unhelpful which doesn't help matters at all. (I definitely wouldn't be happy with that experience on a car that cost almost £40k)

On the flipside, I think Mercedes have really got their act together. We've had the CLS for almost two years now, and it's been totally faultless - ok the fit and finish could be a little better in places, but the car is solidly built and nothing has gone wrong.

I still would buy the new IS given the choice, but the new C-class looks like it should be a safe place to put your money if you'd had enough of your Lexus.......

I mean the vents that supply air to the windscreen. As the LD foam is applied only to the middle of my dash, it flexes the outer middle edge of the dash in towards the front of the car, squeezing the air vent gap somewhat. I'm going to remove it and get on the phone to Lexus Leicester and find out the correct foam to use. I've a feeling it may be the stuff thats used on closure seals - bonnets/doors etc... I'm sure it'l fix my problem as if I hold the dash in with my hand (while driving) the rattles stop. When stationary if I grab the dash around the instrument binnacle and push and pull I get exacly the same rattle/crack.

regarding the cloth thing - I showed it to one guy, who works for lexus and he told me, that there is no need to foam, or removing the dashboard.

The problem is in some stuff which is between the windscreen and the dashboard. This "stuff" was in early versions of IS too thin and causes that the dash has a contact with part of windscreen and this cracks.

So the windscreen has to be removed and the "stuff" has to be changed with new one - wider one.

I remember, that this issue has been already discussed here and somebody had got replaced the windscreen (because of its damage) and the cracking has stopped.

I am waiting when my car asks for the servicing and will speak to the dealer about that. Anyway, if he struggles, I don't care - I replaced the ugly white cloth with a black one and nobody sees it. It's just a shame that I had to solve such a problem with a cloth worth 1 euro.

My ideal car would be a quiet IS250 that didn't creak, with SatNav that I could program on the move,

http://www.infoarena.com/lexus/navhack/

So in summary, I am happy with the IS knowing that I would get problems with any new car. It is a pleasant relaxing, reliable and comfortable drive. So I am relatively happy with it ATM.

So if I did change, what do I get? Stay with Lexus, nice quiet car but riddled with rattling probelms (good service from Lexus GB and is 'the devil I know') or try a Mercedes as I quite like the CLS and it seems a quiet car?

this lexus is my fist ever new car and except occasional problems with rattles I am absolutely happy and satisfied owner and I am sure that I decided correctly when I picked up IS220d over BMW 320d (which is not bad car at all)

My dad buys new car app. every 3 years. He had mazda xedos9 2,5 v6, alfa 166 2,5v6, citroen C5 3.0 V6 and now he has merc e400cdi.

Mazda was a great car, with almost no problems, only the servicing was quite expensive (oilchanges every 10.000km...)

Alfa romeo and citroen - both disaster (however both were always able to get to the service by own). Alfa had multiple electronics problems - gearbox, middle console, power steering etc). "Very special" was, when something happend during summer. Italiens take one month off, so we were waiting for spare parts 2 months... Specific was the middle console. It did not work when it was freezing. My dad wanted to complain about this, but it wasn't enough cold anymore and the warranty had to finish soon, so to prove his words, he had to order a cooling truck, put the car in (in -20degrees) for three hours, and then proved that it really didn't work.... So the service exchaged that part (it was worth about 3.000euros)

We had the car for 1,5 year and it was just a problem and problem...

C5 was very similar, although we kept the car for almost 6 years (my dad 4 years and then I had it for more than 1 year). He bought it at early stage of the production, so first two years he was in the service every 2 months!! The courtesy car was Saxo 1.0i...

Third and fourth year was quite OK, but after about 140.000km it started to have problems again. For example, the hydraulics pump for the suspension broke down, the replace was 1.200euros. We complained to the general importer, because citroen officially states, that the suspension doesn't need any servicing for 6 years or 150.000kms. They replied, that repairing a breakdown is something else than servicing...

Mercedes will be now 3 years old and has 100.000kms. So far we had this problems:

-once the Battery got flat during night, we had to call the assistance service.

-some sensor in air intake got broken, so the car didn't have full power.

-power boot opener got broken

-power steering wheel adjustment got broken.

All fixed in warranty.

The car is almost rattles free, makes 0-60mph in less than 7 seconds, city driving consumption is about 22mpg and extra urban is always more than 29mpg.

We are very satisfied with merc, although I know, that e-class had huge problems with the quality and early stages.

For the moment, if somebody asks me what car to buy I say: don't buy a new production car and buy japanese car.

My ideal car would be a quiet IS250 that didn't creak, with SatNav that I could program on the move,

http://www.infoarena.com/lexus/navhack/

this lexus is my fist ever new car and except occasional problems with rattles I am absolutely happy and satisfied owner and I am sure that I decided correctly when I picked up IS220d over BMW 320d (which is not bad car at all)

My dad buys new car app. every 3 years. He had mazda xedos9 2,5 v6, alfa 166 2,5v6, citroen C5 3.0 V6 and now he has merc e400cdi.

Mazda was a great car, with almost no problems, only the servicing was quite expensive (oilchanges every 10.000km...)

Alfa romeo and citroen - both disaster (however both were always able to get to the service by own). Alfa had multiple electronics problems - gearbox, middle console, power steering etc). "Very special" was, when something happend during summer. Italiens take one month off, so we were waiting for spare parts 2 months... Specific was the middle console. It did not work when it was freezing. My dad wanted to complain about this, but it wasn't enough cold anymore and the warranty had to finish soon, so to prove his words, he had to order a cooling truck, put the car in (in -20degrees) for three hours, and then proved that it really didn't work.... So the service exchaged that part (it was worth about 3.000euros)

We had the car for 1,5 year and it was just a problem and problem...

C5 was very similar, although we kept the car for almost 6 years (my dad 4 years and then I had it for more than 1 year). He bought it at early stage of the production, so first two years he was in the service every 2 months!! The courtesy car was Saxo 1.0i...

Third and fourth year was quite OK, but after about 140.000km it started to have problems again. For example, the hydraulics pump for the suspension broke down, the replace was 1.200euros. We complained to the general importer, because citroen officially states, that the suspension doesn't need any servicing for 6 years or 150.000kms. They replied, that repairing a breakdown is something else than servicing...

Mercedes will be now 3 years old and has 100.000kms. So far we had this problems:

-once the Battery got flat during night, we had to call the assistance service.

-some sensor in air intake got broken, so the car didn't have full power.

-power boot opener got broken

-power steering wheel adjustment got broken.

All fixed in warranty.

The car is almost rattles free, makes 0-60mph in less than 7 seconds, city driving consumption is about 22mpg and extra urban is always more than 29mpg.

We are very satisfied with merc, although I know, that e-class had huge problems with the quality and early stages.

For the moment, if somebody asks me what car to buy I say: don't buy a new production car and buy japanese car.

Well over the past 14 months We have bought 4 ISs 1 diesel and 3 petrol Only one is free of rattles ,creaking groaning. Much worse when cold We have now got rid of two and have two left The newest one now has a ticking. creak in the passenger window area I am sick and tired of taking the cars back and forward. Have seen and ex demo 530 D BMW Driven it..no rattles at all. We run a car pool for the partners and I am sure that our change from Merc to Lexus was a mistake. We still hav an 02 Merc e class..rattle free. ALthough it had had a few minor repairs( electrical sensor for abs and front ball joint) it is a pleasure to drive. If these cars rattle from new I dont think any amount of fiddling by the dealers will get rid of it 100%

If we are anything to go by 75% with build quality issues is just not good enough!

Alan

Reading this thread is an absolute roller-coaster.

I bought a brand new IS 220d SE-L over a week ago.

It's arriving for the beginning of March.

I did a fair bit of reading before buying, but didn't find any real complaints.

This thread is a complete nest of them, though, and I'm quite worried by it.

At some points during it things looked up as people vouched for the build quality or service, but then a choir of discontented customers would retaliate with similar stories of woe.

I bought Lexus becaus of the renowned service and build quality.

I test drove several different Lexus before buying mine - 1 GS450h, 1 IS220d sport and 2 IS220d SE-L.

I purposefully took them over uneven roads which have caused my previous cars to rattle.

I have to say that not one of them made a squeak.

I truly hope that I don't have any issues with my new purchase,

and that if I do I encounter much better responses from Lexus Brighton.

My condolences to all of you who are having trouble!

It is a great car, well built and will last a VERY long time.

I have total faith in it, Lexus have been great - yes mine has a few niggles and a dash rattle is being fixed but it is so minor - if a tiny rattle made me want to sell my car or become vastly upset by it then *** help us all. I would have sold my Impreza WRX STI Version 1 a LONG LONG time ago - it rattles like hell - but when driving it and enjoying it for what it is - its' superb.

Brian :)

:offtopic:

Am I right... did the forum just asterisk out the word ***?!

Well that's a first... If that happened to my incoming emails then I'd have some pretty strange emails.

"Dear beloved in ***,

*** has brought me a new lease of life. I want to share with you some of the changes *** has inspired on me.

Buy some of my church's porn.

Emanuel John patrick the fourteenth

Messenger of ***"

G

:offtopic:

Am I right... did the forum just asterisk out the word ***?!

Well that's a first... If that happened to my incoming emails then I'd have some pretty strange emails.

"Dear beloved in ***,

*** has brought me a new lease of life. I want to share with you some of the changes *** has inspired on me.

Buy some of my church's porn.

Emanuel John patrick the fourteenth

Messenger of ***"

G

Try g@d, it works :lol:

But ho hum - we is where we is. I truly doubt that you'll have problems with yours.

Toyota/Lexus being #1 car maker in the world will no doubt have got it right by the time any '07's hit the streets. Good luck - :blush:

Overall I'm like Alan - there is still a part of me which knows that at the time it was the right choice but there is another part of me that feels I could have had less sleepless nights if I had bought something else. I'm not loyal to any brand - I go with the heart, speak my mind, and sometimes it annoys people.

I still enjoy getting in the car and driving it - but like I say, another day another dollar - ho hum