Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat Removal For Rx300

Really easy. Move the front seats back to furthest position.

That will give you access to the front bolts (on the seat track (10mm I think) release those.

Move the seat forward to get to the two rear bolts and release those.

Rear seats, remove the plastic covers from the rail at the front then undo the bolts, should be 4.

Into the boot/trunk compartment ,lift the carpet and relesase the studs You will then see the bolts.

Undo them and there should be two retaining straps which are bolted down. Undo them and the seats should be free.

Less than an hours work on your own.

If your front seats are electric then there should be 2 plugs. One for power seats etc. and the other for seat belt warning. Just disconnect them.

Hope this helps,

Terry

• Like 1

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Dec 1 2006, 01:32 PM)

Really easy. Move the front seats back to furthest position.

That will give you access to the front bolts (on the seat track (10mm I think) release those.

Move the seat forward to get to the two rear bolts and release those.

Rear seats, remove the plastic covers from the rail at the front then undo the bolts, should be 4.

Into the boot/trunk compartment ,lift the carpet and relesase the studs You will then see the bolts.

Undo them and there should be two retaining straps which are bolted down. Undo them and the seats should be free.

Less than an hours work on your own.

If your front seats are electric then there should be 2 plugs. One for power seats etc. and the other for seat belt warning. Just disconnect them.

Hope this helps,

Terry

Legend!Legend!Legend! Thank you so so much!!!

You are a real expert on RX300. Please excuse me coz I do have another two questions for you.

1. Do you know how to install a rear spoiler for this car. I just received yesterday.

2. I also ordered a LED frond mirror. Is is possible to DIY?

Thanks agian!!!

The rear spoiler (roof ) Lift the tailgate and inside at the top you should see 4 rubber/plastic grommits. (2 each side)

Remove them and that is where,when you drill from the outside that you will be able to access the bolts.

The spoiler is fixed by the 4 bolts. (the 4 bolts should come attatched to the spoiler) You should get a template for the drill holes with the spoiler. If not just make your own with some cardboard or thick paper. Mark the screw holes,double check the measurement before you drill! Make sure that you put masking tape over the area you are drilling in case the drill slips! Line up the spoiler then fit the nuts from inside the car with a socket then replace the grommits.

The mirror I am not to sure on but just remove the door cards and you will have access to the inside of the mirror in the door. Disconnect the electrical connector and undo the retaining nuts on the mirror then change them over. I would imagine that the LED mirrors that you are replacing will have an electrical diagram with them. If you are a bit scared of doing the electrical part then get an auto electrician in. But remove the mirror for him to keep your labour costs down.

Cheers

Terry

• Like 1

Oh. I screwed it !!!!

I sucessfully put on the seat cover for the front and rear seats, but when I about to put the armrest back, maybe I used too much strenth, both of the bolts for the armrest are destoryed. The screw thread is flat and I couldn't get the armrest back into the hole!!!

I am so ****** and disappointed with myself. Now I don't know how to put the armrests back! Anywhere that I can get some spare bolts?

Anyone can help me,please do!!!!

MMMMany thanks

Michael

• 1 month later...

hi,

Where did you get seat covers and spoiler for RX300?

I also need them. please help. I have RX300 2002.

regards

Hi, I don't know if this applies to RX300, but you must not fit seat covers to the RX 400h if they cover the sides where the airbags are fitted. Othersies they can't inflate properly.

I have a pair of sheepskins on the front seats but they are not fastened in.

Billy

hi,

regards

The front spoiler on my RX is one piece(REMOVE ORIGINAL BUMPER) It was from ASP

Altezza Sports & Prestige. If you click on the "view my RX pics" It will show you the spoiler in primer state.

Terry

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jan 13 2007, 02:56 PM)

hi,

regards

The front spoiler on my RX is one piece(REMOVE ORIGINAL BUMPER) It was from ASP

Altezza Sports & Prestige. If you click on the "view my RX pics" It will show you the spoiler in primer state.

Terry

Hi Terry,

I notice you have a perspex wind cover on your drivers door.

Do you find it reduces wind noise?

I have a lot of noise on bothe front door windows.

Does anyone ekse suffer from wind.. in the car I mean :)

Billy

• 13 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links