Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Remote Locking Failing After Battery Re-charge

Hi guys - I today found my IS200 Battery was going flat - the car wouldn't start and the remote key only just managed to unlock the door.

So - I disconnected the Battery and re-charged it ... all that seems to have gone ok...

But now both my keys no longer remotely lock/unlock the car. Reading the forums I can't find any specific answer to help me.

The key Battery itself looks fine - ie the red LED comes up on pressing buttons.

Any tips please ? Thanks in advance.

Hi all - as a follow up to my problem of remote locking on my IS200 failing after a flat car Battery...

I contacted my nearest Lexus dealer today... they advised that the keys shouldn't haved failed after a flat car Battery - but couldn't be sure, they said it sounded like they needed to be re-programmed to fix and I would need to bring the car in.

The dealer I spoke to said there would be a charge of £68+vat for the re-coding - which I obviously didn't like the sound of.

Taking advice from LOC, I then contacted my second nearest Lexus dealer who said they would re-code the keys for free as it would take minutes to do. So did that and everything's now fixed and best bit is it didn't cost a penny. (and I even got a free coffee in the posh lexus showroom :)

Hi all - as a follow up to my problem of remote locking on my IS200 failing after a flat car battery...

I contacted my nearest Lexus dealer today... they advised that the keys shouldn't haved failed after a flat car battery - but couldn't be sure, they said it sounded like they needed to be re-programmed to fix and I would need to bring the car in.

The dealer I spoke to said there would be a charge of £68+vat for the re-coding - which I obviously didn't like the sound of.

Taking advice from LOC, I then contacted my second nearest Lexus dealer who said they would re-code the keys for free as it would take minutes to do. So did that and everything's now fixed and best bit is it didn't cost a penny. (and I even got a free coffee in the posh lexus showroom :)

Hi im new to the forums but have been working on lexus since 1989 when they were inroduced to ireland

to code a IS200 remote key

1 Drivers door open

2 insert Key in to ignition -remove

3 using the central locking switch on the drivers door LOCK to UNLOCK 5 times ie forward/back counts as one

4 close/open door

5 lock to unlock another 5 times

6 insert key in to ignition

7 off to on to off .. once to add a key .. twice to rewirte.. remove key

8 after this the door locks will respond

9 while this is happening hold down the lock button on the key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times .. release and press unlock once

if you have been successful the door lock will lock unlock once

it can be tricky to do its all in the timing of doing all the stages

Best of Luck

1 Drivers door open

3 using the central locking switch on the drivers door LOCK to UNLOCK 5 times ie forward/back counts as one

4 close/open door

9 while this is happening hold down the lock button on the key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times .. release and press unlock once

Best of Luck

Well if that combination fixes the keys, then these steps need to be pinned by some moderator in these forums.

Since I've got my keys fixed by Lexus, I guess I won't be trying this out ... until next time.

Cheers.

dont worry there is a far more detailed version floating about on the forums somewhere - no idea if it has been pinned or not but prob not.

More Detailed version??? ok this is my 3rd post and last .. thought I would try help pople with problems on this forum as I have access to all official lexus manuals but seems there are people who have far more knowledge then me with 17yrs experience actually working on these cars

Happy Driving everyone

dont worry there is a far more detailed version floating about on the forums somewhere - no idea if it has been pinned or not but prob not.

More Detailed version??? ok this is my 3rd post and last .. thought I would try help pople with problems on this forum as I have access to all official lexus manuals but seems there are people who have far more knowledge then me with 17yrs experience actually working on these cars

Happy Driving everyone

To make your Lexus remember your key's wireless signal:

For the remote part in drivers seat WITH DOOR OPEN.

Start with door unlocked.

1. Put master key in ignition, turn to on, then back off and remove.

2. Using the lock/unlock button on drivers door. press lock.. then unlock 5 times.(lock,unlock,lock,unlock,lock,unlock,lock,un lock,lock,unlock)

3. Close drivers door, open drivers door.

4. Perform lock/unlock procedure again. DO NOT close and open drivers door. Just the lock/unlock procedure again.

5. Insert NEW key in to ignition and turn to on, then back off and remove.(at this point the doors should lock and unlock by themselves ONCE)

6. Now press both lock and unlock buttons on REMOTE. Release after about 1.5 seconds.

7. Now press just the lock button on remote.

once you press the lock button, the car should lock and unlock ONCE, if it lock unlocked TWICE you messed up somewhere.

8. Now open and close the drivers door a couple times to close programming.

if you did it right, remote will now work.

There you go, this version has a bit more information

if thats the way you feel because someone said there is a version with more info..... you can pick the dummy and the teddy bear off the floor on your way out then .... jeeeessss some people are sooo sensitive these days.

Happy Driving everyone

To make your Lexus remember your key's wireless signal:

For the remote part in drivers seat WITH DOOR OPEN.

Start with door unlocked.

1. Put master key in ignition, turn to on, then back off and remove.

2. Using the lock/unlock button on drivers door. press lock.. then unlock 5 times.(lock,unlock,lock,unlock,lock,unlock,lock,un lock,lock,unlock)

3. Close drivers door, open drivers door.

4. Perform lock/unlock procedure again. DO NOT close and open drivers door. Just the lock/unlock procedure again.

5. Insert NEW key in to ignition and turn to on, then back off and remove.(at this point the doors should lock and unlock by themselves ONCE)

6. Now press both lock and unlock buttons on REMOTE. Release after about 1.5 seconds.

7. Now press just the lock button on remote.

once you press the lock button, the car should lock and unlock ONCE, if it lock unlocked TWICE you messed up somewhere.

8. Now open and close the drivers door a couple times to close programming.

if you did it right, remote will now work.

There you go, this version has a bit more information

if thats the way you feel because someone said there is a version with more info..... you can pick the dummy and the teddy bear off the floor on your way out then .... jeeeessss some people are sooo sensitive these days.

this is different to what i tried with the eBay key i cant get to work.

I can get the remote bit to work the imobaliser but not the remote locking.

I was switching actual KEY parts over with the transponders untill i can see if i can get the key cut i hope this isnt fukign things up/

I will try this tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
this is different to what i tried with the ebay key i cant get to work.

I can get the remote bit to work the imobaliser but not the remote locking.

I was switching actual KEY parts over with the transponders untill i can see if i can get the key cut i hope this isnt fukign things up/

I will try this tonight.

didnt work

:crybaby:

Interesting thread. I've not yet had this problem, but have saved all the relevant methods for future use.

It does seem strange that different owners have different results. :blink:

Sometimes with a complicated list, it is easy to get things out of sync.

Also, how long does the Battery have to be disconected for things like "remote" or "imobiliser" reprogramming to be needed?

LexusTech, please don't give up the forum. For people like myself & others, any access to info is very welcome. The more who contribute, the more we all learn.

Regards & a Happy New Year to all,

Max.

• 1 month later...

Hi - I've tried this with my keys and I can get up to the bit that requires me to press the lock and unlock buttons on the key at the same time, but then that follows with the door locking and unlocking twice.

ie. Twice meaning it hasn't worked.

Any tips on what I could be doing wrong at that stage ?

Thanks,

redtedx

Does anyone have a spare plastic cover or know wher I can get one cheaper that 50 poundsFor the the Lexus IS200 or Toyota. Plastic cover broke. Will email a picture of my IS 200 sitting next to a US Air Force F-15E Strike EagleFighter Bomber to first reply.

Hi all - as a follow up to my problem of remote locking on my IS200 failing after a flat car battery...

I contacted my nearest Lexus dealer today... they advised that the keys shouldn't haved failed after a flat car battery - but couldn't be sure, they said it sounded like they needed to be re-programmed to fix and I would need to bring the car in.

Hi im new to the forums but have been working on lexus since 1989 when they were inroduced to ireland

1 Drivers door open

4 close/open door

Best of Luck

Just did this sequence and it worked absolutely spot on. I have the full lexus manual and the sequence they gave was different from that and it didn't work but yours was spot on. One wee tiny problem was as you know what i'm talking about, but when i turned the key in the ignition five times to tell me how many keys were coded in the system it came back none (ie locked and unlocked five times) when these keys were already programmed in. Anyway got my first key logged in now but i want to programme the master key in. Is it the exact same process or do i use the programmed key to start the sequence and finish with the other key? Does this make sense?

• 6 years later...

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, i'm just writhing to let you know that for me it worked. i fallowed the steps and i got it the second time i tried. thank you LexusTech and all you other guys.

P.S. Do the lock/unlock 5 times very quickly, There is where i messed up the first time.