Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

0-60 Time...

pez1206

I have an is200 and the 0-60 was 8seconds. Its standard and quicker than the quoted 0-60 and top end. Top speed was 140mph, a bit too quick but adrenaline rushing!!!

how did you measure the 0-60 and speed ?

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Dec 20 2006, 10:21 PM)

My rx IS QUICKER THAN THE is200 :D

my 7 seater MPV is as well :lol:

I have an is200 and the 0-60 was 8seconds. Its standard and quicker than the quoted 0-60 and top end. Top speed was 140mph, a bit too quick but adrenaline rushing!!!

The speedo overreads on cars at this speed, you were probably doing between 125 & 132 with the clocks registering 140!

Same with the 0-60 - you're hitting around 54mph in ~8 seconds!

If it wasn't for the change into 3rd gear the IS probably would be hitting around 8 seconds flat :)

Thats what my speedo read and I was chuffed to bits. I got 140mph the day after I got it. I was on the motorway home from work and didnt realise I was going that fast. Its so quiet even at fast speeds. 0-60 in 8seconds, im not ****ting you on that either, it went like a rocket, even if it was 54mph, theres no mistaking that this is mega quick saloon considering the size of the car. I love the lexus

Thats what my speedo read and I was chuffed to bits. I got 140mph the day after I got it. I was on the motorway home from work and didnt realise I was going that fast. Its so quiet even at fast speeds. 0-60 in 8seconds, im not ****ting you on that either, it went like a rocket, even if it was 54mph, theres no mistaking that this is mega quick saloon considering the size of the car. I love the lexus

Long as you happy that's what counts :D

Long as you happy that's what counts :D

Too right!!! I think its because ive had fiestas and a peugeot 306 in the past. Nothing to the IS200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

You should try it with a supercharger, that's even better :)

Most people usually complain the IS is slow, if you think that's quick you should try the Aristo, much bigger way and way, way quicker :winky:

You should try it with a supercharger, that's even better :)

Most people usually complain the IS is slow, if you think that's quick you should try the Aristo, much bigger way and way, way quicker :winky:

If I was to suddenly win the lottery, I would put a supercharger under the virgin bonnet. However, for the time being, no chance. What is an Aristo?? Sounds like a car my grandad drove on his driving lessons. HAHAHAHA :)

It looks like a GS300 / GS430 so it's bigger than the IS, but is a 3l twin turbo as found in the MkIV Supra - mine's running around 350bhp with loads of torque and there are a couple in the club ablove 400bhp!

So yeah it's a little quicker than a supercharged IS :P

img0676wh2.jpg

img0643mm7.jpg

question for the manual IS owners what gear do you hit 60 in

I've been having a bit of a play in my tezza and find that going off of my gps 60 seems to be right on the gear change from 2nd to 3rd at about 7500rpm

is the IS and tezza gear box the same gearing but with different mounts to the engine

1 reason I ask is I've got a Apexi power fc to fit, but unsure weather raising the rev limiter to allowing me to hit 60 in 2nd will work, ????

also I'm planning on fitting a final drive kit to help get there quicker but this will bring down the ratio so will prob have to change up into 3rd and if that's the case think I'll go for the 4.7 kit rather than 4.5

question for the manual IS owners what gear do you hit 60 in

I've been having a bit of a play in my tezza and find that going off of my gps 60 seems to be right on the gear change from 2nd to 3rd at about 7500rpm

is the IS and tezza gear box the same gearing but with different mounts to the engine

1 reason I ask is I've got a Apexi power fc to fit, but unsure weather raising the rev limiter to allowing me to hit 60 in 2nd will work, ????

also I'm planning on fitting a final drive kit to help get there quicker but this will bring down the ratio so will prob have to change up into 3rd and if that's the case think I'll go for the 4.7 kit rather than 4.5

Know one thing.....a standard IS200s ECU will not let you rev to 7500....

A S/C 200 0-60 would be about the same time though I think as an Altezzas.

(T7RY B @ Dec 20 2006, 10:21 PM)

My rx IS QUICKER THAN THE is200 :D

my 7 seater MPV is as well :lol:

My beetle is too! :winky:

infact, the first time i got back in the IS I was surprised how slow it was.

Very enjoyable cars to drive though..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links