Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vin Number

donkammy

Guys,

Need abit of help please

Trying to order some part from dealership and he is asking for VIN number, I have given him the Chasis number which starts with SXE and he is saying it is no good he needs the NIV number which start with JTI

I have a altezza on a 1999 V-Reg, want to order the inner arch plastic covers including clips and I need the part number for both driverside and passanger side.

Thanks

Donkammy

Guys,

Need abit of help please

Trying to order some part from dealership and he is asking for VIN number, I have given him the Chasis number which starts with SXE and he is saying it is no good he needs the NIV number which start with JTI

I have a altezza on a 1999 V-Reg, want to order the inner arch plastic covers including clips and I need the part number for both driverside and passanger side.

Thanks

Donkammy

Thats really weird that they need the VIN number to order them, he must be a bit clueless in that dealership. There is a member on here "mattstheone" He has a parts cd with a list of all products and part numbers, maybe drop him a PM. Tell your dealer its the exact same part needed for a 99 Lexus IS200. If he cant figure that out he shouldnt be working for Lexus :blink:

The SXE10 number is the chassis number, AFAIK there is no VIN on the Altezza. The chassis number is all that Chris.S has ever needed to get me parts. PM him and he can sort you out

totally agree with you they should be able to give part number with VIN number

thanks will get in-touch with mattstheone

ok here are the numbers for the ones on my IS200 sport 2000 X reg

53876-53010 LH fitted from 9901-0110 Liner front fender LH

number might have superseeded to 53876-53011

53875-53010 RH fitted from 9901-0110 Liner Front fender RH

number might have superseeded to 53875-53011

ref clips pm or email me

Cheers Matt

• 1 year later...

If the dealership doesnt know its an impoet or altezza then he shouldnt be in the job

All uk cars have a 17 digit vin/chassis number, starting JT or if its a uk made toyota it starts SB

imports carry a frame number which usually consists of the model no of the car and 7 numbers. ie altezza frame numbers start SXE10-. ie SXE10-0001234

When ordering parts for Altezza's remeber also to give the dealer the model code of the car aswell as the frame.

model codes usually look like this SXE10-AGMRSW