Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Warning Light Won't Go Out

I have a 2001 RX-300, and the Rear Light Failure Warning light on the dash is on all the time. The center brake light burnt out, and I replaced that. So, as of right now, all rear lights are operational, yet the warning light stays illuminated. Any ideas on how to turn it off? (Oddly, if the break light had been the source of the warning, shouldn't the warning lamp only come on when you hit the breaks? That's how I read the manual.)

Sounds like we have the same problem. I recently purchased a 1998 ES300. Whenever the lights are turned on, the rear light warning light comes on. I checked all my rear lights; both tail lights, both turn signals, and both brake lights. Are there any other lights which are tied into the system? I could only find one light for each of the side of the car for the lights I mentioned above. Would the back-up lights or license plate lights be tied in to the warning indicator?

• 1 year later...
I have a 2001 RX-300, and the Rear Light Failure Warning light on the dash is on all the time.  The center brake light burnt out, and I replaced that.  So, as of right now, all rear lights are operational, yet the warning light stays illuminated.  Any ideas on how to turn it off?  (Oddly, if the break light had been the source of the warning, shouldn't the warning lamp only come on when you hit the breaks?  That's how I read the manual.)

My 1999 RX300 has the same problem, the rear lamp burnt out indicator light in the instrument cluster stays on. The high center rear brake lamp was burnt out, and I replaced it but the indicator light stays on. When the vehicle is first started, the indicator lamp is not lit but lights and stays on as soon as you depress the brake pedal. Anyone figure out how to rectify this problem?

• 1 month later...
My 1999 RX300 has the same problem, the rear lamp burnt out indicator light in the instrument cluster stays on.  The high center rear brake lamp was burnt out, and I replaced it but the indicator light stays on.  When the vehicle is first started, the indicator lamp is not lit but lights and stays on as soon as you depress the brake pedal.  Anyone figure out how to rectify this problem?

I had same problem on 99 RX300 where high center brake light burned out and indicator light on dash came on, replaced bulb , stop light working but indicator light still on, replaced bulb with dealer item, indicator still on, asked dealer for bulb from year after model (00 RX) BINGO! Apparently the resistance from some bulbs is crucial to computer...

• 5 months later...
My 1999 RX300 has the same problem, the rear lamp burnt out indicator light in the instrument cluster stays on.  The high center rear brake lamp was burnt out, and I replaced it but the indicator light stays on.  When the vehicle is first started, the indicator lamp is not lit but lights and stays on as soon as you depress the brake pedal.  Anyone figure out how to rectify this problem?

Hi There,

I own a RX300 1999 model. The rear high brake light (the one on top of the rear door)

has gone out. I am trying to replace it myself. I am little nervous

to "peel" the plastic trim off the rear door. It looks like

you had the same problem with the brake light. How did you remove or peel off

the trim to get to the rear top mounted brake light lamp?...

since these donot just come away easilly, I am little

nervous if I will end up braking that peice of trim

and have spend a lot to get that too replaced! :) .

Pl. let me know. or email at all_spurs at yahoo dot com

-Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links