Sign in to follow this  
Richie

TTE IS430 Compressor

At the German Motor Show in Essen Lexus is introducing an IS430 Compressor. 400HP at 5600/min 550NM at 3500/min 0-100km/h 4.5 topspeed 281km/h-305km/h 19"wheels!!!!!

What do you think about that??

Sounds like a monster to me!!

The IS430 Kompressor gets a mention in this weeks Autocar. It uses a supercharged version of the 4.3 V8 from the LS/GS and they quote 395bhp. Should be, er, adequate ;)

They also mention a "new" supercharger kit for the IS200 (with 201bhp). Don't know what the difference is, if any, between this and the "old" TTE kit.

Anybody know?

the "new" supercharger is the one i have fitted,it was originally 205 bhp,this was so the kit could be certified by German TUV,however since then TTE have done some "tweeking" to the kit so it now puts out approx 215/220 bhp,

however the "new" supercharger could actually be a "de-rated" supercharger for more reliability,as the kit is soon to be released as an option on German IS200:mad:

I wish I could get a TTE compressor too. I am still waiting for my fully loaded 2002 IS200, I will get the car in January, then I'll find a way to get the compressor asap.

Do you think the TTE compressor works fine in Winter (here in cold cold scandinavia)? Like starting the motor @ -20 degrees.

hello,mmatecki,are you going to ESSEN i will be going on wednesday im meeting richie there

as for the s/c there should'nt be any problems with it in the winter

hello,mmatecki,are you going to ESSEN i will be going on wednesday im meeting richie there

as for the s/c there should'nt be any problems with it in the winter

yes, friday

I read on IS300.net that the IS430 is AWD.

Anybody got the faintest idea what this baby will cost? 40K maybe?

I is a savin' already !!!!!!

ive already packed my cheque book for the deposit..........................!!:D;)

100,000 DM is only about 32K stlg - it CAN'T be that cheap can it.

Then again, I hope it is :D

Seriously, would that be OTR or what?

Sad news, the IS430 is only a prototype to see if there is any interest in such a car. If there is enough interest and Toyota motor co. works with them there could be a 140000DM in the future.

post the pic of the clocks im getting from my "contact" at TTE

these clocks read 300kmh,thats 190mph:D

i should have a price soon for the clocks

It is definetly an IS and it costs around 100000DM but it is still automatic tranmission but with manual shift buttons like BMW's Steptronic.

It is very quick but the looks is still quite ordinary despite the small spoiler inthe back and 4 exhautionpipes.