Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300 & Is220/250

Tango

Lexus have pitched the New IS at at the 3 series BMW.Why Business reps,reps,reps old men etc.Boring car loads of lights,buttons. BORING!!!

I'm 24 and my last car was an Alfa GTA :P

SO? Whats your point?

Believe you stated the second generation IS was for old men...he's 24 and got one and you're 36 and still driving the old Toyota :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexus have pitched the New IS at at the 3 series BMW.Why Business reps,reps,reps old men etc.Boring car loads of lights,buttons. BORING!!!

I'm 24 and my last car was an Alfa GTA :P

SO? Whats your point?

Believe you stated the second generation IS was for old men...he's 24 and got one and you're 36 and still driving the old Toyota :lol:

Im 35 and still driving the old Is. Okay you win the new IS ,the one I test drove was £33000 was far better

Sorry i'm just soar because i cant afford one. Once again sorry for my poor post.Who makes the new Is now then?

SO? Whats your point?

I'm not old, and not boring (or so i'd like to think). The GTA was an exciting performance car, so definitely not a bmw.

Personally I was never attracted to the old IS in the slightest.

It doesn't have enough comfort and gadgets to distract from the lack of power (or acceleration, more to the point) for me.

Each to their own, though, and I can certainly respect those who like them.

The new IS is a completely different creature, I think, and I can forgive it it's gutless nature for the comfort and toys.

Im 35 and still driving the old Is. Okay you win the new IS ,the one I test drove was £33000 was far better

Sorry i'm just soar because i cant afford one. Once again sorry for my poor post.Who makes the new Is now then?

HELLO finance :D

Which is fine if you happen to like it, btw, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Which new IS did you drive?

250 sport with auto, I'd guess?

(BTW, I think Off/topic doesn't apply, before anyone says it. The topic was done and dusted on the first page, really, so now I'd say anything goes :winky: )

SO? Whats your point?

I'm not old, and not boring (or so i'd like to think). The GTA was an exciting performance car, so definitely not a bmw.

Personally I was never attracted to the old IS in the slightest.

It doesn't have enough comfort and gadgets to distract from the lack of power (or acceleration, more to the point) for me.

Each to their own, though, and I can certainly respect those who like them.

The new IS is a completely different creature, I think, and I can forgive it it's gutless nature for the comfort and toys.

HELLO finance :D

Which is fine if you happen to like it, btw, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Which new IS did you drive?

250 sport with auto, I'd guess?

(BTW, I think Off/topic doesn't apply, before anyone says it. The topic was done and dusted on the first page, really, so now I'd say anything goes :winky: )

Split the Forums NOW!

Sorry to go on but is'nt the Is 300 quicker than any 2nd Generation IS?

Split the Forums NOW!

Absolutely, but that was kinda the point.

The 2nd gen IS isn't about speed, and makes up for it in other ways.

The 1st* gen IS might be faster (but not by much) but not fast enough to do without extra toys and comfort to make me not feel the way I want to in a car.

I'm bearing my soul horribly for judgment here, obviously, but still.

* I typod and wrote 2nd here first

Split the Forums NOW!

The 2st gen IS might be faster (but not by much) but not fast enough to do without extra toys and comfort to make me not feel the way I want to in a car.

Why do people drive around in classic cars?No power steering,airbags etc. It has to do with the passion of a car by the people who built it. I just feel the old Is has far more character.Reading the threads on here do the new Is have issues with rattles? The two i have used both had the problem. My IS may not have parking aid,keyless entry,cooled seats and have ultra comfort but and a big but LET THE 1ST GENERATION LIVE ON and in its own forum.

Why do people drive around in classic cars?No power steering,airbags etc. It has to do with the passion of a car by the people who built it. I just feel the old Is has far more character.Reading the threads on here do the new Is have issues with rattles? The two i have used both had the problem. My IS may not have parking aid,keyless entry,cooled seats and have ultra comfort but and a big but LET THE 1ST GENERATION LIVE ON and in its own forum.

Completely agree. And everything I said was personal to why I wanted the new Is but wasn't interested in the old one.

Split the Forums NOW!

The 2st gen IS might be faster (but not by much) but not fast enough to do without extra toys and comfort to make me not feel the way I want to in a car.

They're totally different cars so don't even try to compare them. The intent of the split was just to make navigation easier, not to split the (IS) forum into two rival camps. As I own a 200 & 250 I'll still be interested in topics applicable to both models, but after the split at least I'll know from the offset which model we'll be discussing :)