Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Altezza Smells!

IRLRs200

sometimes the cat need replacing,

I'm sure people on here have had this or similar prob with there cars

dunno if taking your car to get the emissions checked at a mot station would show anything

haven't you lot got a dyno day soon, could try asking the guys at the dyno if they know of anything

sometimes the cat need replacing,

I'm sure people on here have had this or similar prob with there cars

dunno if taking your car to get the emissions checked at a mot station would show anything

haven't you lot got a dyno day soon, could try asking the guys at the dyno if they know of anything

Ye 3rd March ill ask them do they notice anything dodge about it! Have the NCT(MOT) in March too so that might show up something maybe

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum from downunder (Australia)!

I seem to have almost the exact problem with my 2004 IS200 (bought with 30,000km on it from a lady), on the freeway when I exceed 120kmh there is this really bad smell coming from the car (similar to what is described above). Also, when I change gears it tends to overrev a tad, for example, I take my foot off completely at exactly 3000rpm and step on the clutch, it then revs to about 3300rpm (my foot is already off the accelerator). Is this also a sign of a slipping clutch?

Thanks for your time, and btw I don't mean to hi-jack the thread :D

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum from downunder (Australia)!

I seem to have almost the exact problem with my 2004 IS200 (bought with 30,000km on it from a lady), on the freeway when I exceed 120kmh there is this really bad smell coming from the car (similar to what is described above). Also, when I change gears it tends to overrev a tad, for example, I take my foot off completely at exactly 3000rpm and step on the clutch, it then revs to about 3300rpm (my foot is already off the accelerator). Is this also a sign of a slipping clutch?

Thanks for your time, and btw I don't mean to hi-jack the thread :D

Welcome to the club. You do know there is a club in Aussie/NZ too? Anyway this sounds like what could be a slipping clutch. The last owner must have been riding the clutch a lot, since there was only 30K on the clock. most clutches last over 100K once treated right

LOL, yeah I do know, however, it seems more active here in the UK forums.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, 30,000km isn't high km especially for a clutch, my dad's Ford Transit is hitting 130,000km and still doesn't have the slightest hint clutch or gearbox issues.

Thanks for the confirmation!