Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost Finished

Well , before i took the car to SPC Horsham she was doing 220 miles per tank (70 liters) . I filled the tank up and drove her to SPC horsham , 76 miles , she went on the dyno and was road tested , drove home ,drove it a few days then drove back for the diff and drove home again , ran out of petrol , 310 miles :D , am doing another tank test and expect a higher figure . So now the cars running a dream all thanks to SPC Horsham , i've decided to put my name down for one of them stroker kits and cylinder head that SPC Horsham and Prolex-UK are developing , speaking to Dave from Prolex-UK and Wayne from SPC Horsham i understand that the stroker kit will include forged con rods and crank , uprated reduced compression pistons and an increase of between 200-300CC , and more torque and hp , the head will have a larger exhaust valve by 1mm , stronger valve springs , ported and gas flowed , the future's bright the future is SPC Horsham/ Prolex-UK :D , i can remember when i spoke to Bark Catchamole about the stroker kit for the beems engine and if it could be done to my engine and he said "no impossible" , i also asked about larger valves and he said "no room to enlarge".

Didnt he build one for Prolex in the old days?

Nope...said the block was to narrow.............BTW it ran its bearings within 1500 miles.........was rebuilt for free and my labour costs reimbursed

Dave Reads will just be the crank...............cars without uprated rods & pisstons will get that as well :whistling:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave ! Perhaps you should consider selling your complete set up ? Start fresh with another , I stand corrected but im sure that kit will have Specific Rods and probably a diff piston ? Im looking at trying to perhaps fit a Whipple charger to my IS , Dont no if this has been done b 4 ?

Their a very similar type to the eaton, i dont see any benefit over the eaton.

Hi Prolex ! who build that motor that ran the bearings after 1500 miles ? and what was the cause for the failiure ?

several people @ tdi in 2004.

catchpole said it was my prolex-uk flywheel which caused an imbalance.............however it was a blocked oil gallary (the ex-tdi employee told me..........which i put to catchpole) catchpole then said he'd rebuild and reimburse my costs without admitting liability

Hi dave, i am so happy that you have gone and got your car done by someone els, as to TDI, i can not say to much as i said i would be good if LOC let me back on here,:) so with that, thats all i will say about TDI,

By the sound of it you are well happy with the work you just had done, thats very good BHP as well NICE 1!! :D

i take it you are going to ACE cafe next month :D i will try and make this, just to come and have a look at your IS :D

If you bore the block you will need the pistons

Hi Cho , it's a "stroker" kit :D

Dave I personally think that stroking your car would be going down another costly route for pretty much little gains. Stroker kits in the first place cost a massive amount, then your engine will need to be completly stripped down everything removed and changed over, I dont think you will be able to use any of the internal components you have already, as the crankshaft will be different and usually all related items (conrods and pistons)

Im guessing your after more power ? Is the superchargers rev's max'd out at the moment ? The only thing i can think of with your car in upgrading the supercharger (if you want to keep supercharger) if not go turbo route.

Hi dave, i am so happy that you have gone and got your car done by someone els, as to TDI, i can not say to much as i said i would be good if LOC let me back on here,:) so with that, thats all i will say about TDI,

By the sound of it you are well happy with the work you just had done, thats very good BHP as well NICE 1!! :D

i take it you are going to ACE cafe next month :D i will try and make this, just to come and have a look at your IS :D

Hi Marcus , thank you very much , see you at the ACE , i hope your car will be there to , i cant wait to see the engine in it :D

If you bore the block you will need the pistons

Hi Cho , it's a "stroker" kit :D

Dave I personally think that stroking your car would be going down another costly route for pretty much little gains. Stroker kits in the first place cost a massive amount, then your engine will need to be completly stripped down everything removed and changed over, I dont think you will be able to use any of the internal components you have already, as the crankshaft will be different and usually all related items (conrods and pistons)

Im guessing your after more power ? Is the superchargers rev's max'd out at the moment ? The only thing i can think of with your car in upgrading the supercharger (if you want to keep supercharger) if not go turbo route.

Hi Ellz , i have no idea of the route the car will take , im just along for the ride :D

Hi Dave ,Ive been looking at charger options on u tube , and stumbled across yours on there ! Under SPC Horsham , Did it really have a full remap ? Pretty impressive !

You'd think you'd know :whistling: :shutit:

You really should start a welcome thread LexLover, tell us more about yourself.

Hi Marcus , thank you very much , see you at the ACE , i hope your car will be there to , i cant wait to see the engine in it :D

sorry to say dave but i will not be in my IS, as it will be about 3 to 4 months before thats on the road, ( i hope any way lol )

But i will be there in my wifes IS :)

• 2 weeks later...